Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Atlanta Reviews

Updated May 8, 2017

Atlanta, GA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 21 reviews)

• No travel required with this company (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Self-described as a consultancy, but mostly staff-aug (in 26 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Talented folks in the company and willing to help you grow

Cons

Management does not have any clue of day-to-day life of consultants

"Bench? What bench?"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits. Local staffing model, but that seems to be changing.

Cons

Although Daugherty leadership positions the company as a consulting firm, the reality is that placement is almost 100% staff augmentation. The survival of the Atlanta office is dependent on one key client. If that company decides to pull out, the office is toast. I've been told that billable headcount for Atlanta has decreased by 30-40% in 2015 - not good. Many of the other office locations are in similar situations. Although Daugherty has a bench, they routinely let people go if they haven't been placed after a few weeks. Also, they now have a "unified bench" across all offices, and push folks to travel to other offices if there is a need.

Advice to Management

Build a dedicated sales team to pull in some big clients. Try to sell project-based work, which can be more lucrative and interesting to consultants.

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented mature professionals who care about their company and their careers. Employees take ownership of their roles and responsibilities and organically grow the company, always seeking to add more value to the clients' business. Great Fortune 500 customer base.

Cons

No significant cons. Employees should expect minimal oversight and hand holding from management. The company is a best fit for adaptable professionals who are willing to deliver as a team or as an individual contributor.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Oct 8, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback and love that you're enjoying your job with us.

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great People (Attracting top talent from Big 5 consulting )
    - Top Clients ( Daugherty works with Many fortune 500 clients)
    - Work Life Balance (No Travel, no crazy hours)
    - Great Vision

Cons

- Like any other fast growing consulting firm it may have growing pains in terms f process

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job

"Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth"

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing in Atlanta. Continue to have that team collaborative approach.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

"Atlanta Branch headed in the wrong direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Overall the people at Daugherty are great. They are experienced professionals that know their craft. They employees themselves are great and the culture is very easy to assimilate into.

Cons

The leadership in Atlanta has changed over drastically in the last 5 months. The 6 top leaders all left at the same time to start up their own consulting firm, Aspirent, and has left the corporate leadership reaching at straws. So far their idea of fixing and righting the ship is somewhat laughable. They are reverting right back to being a staff augmentation shop where we are bidding on anything and everything just so we can "Grow". This is not what they sold to me. It's obvious to a lot of people that they are looking for "yes" men (women) to step into leadership that they can control from St. Louis. But be wary as it looks like they are firing or forcing out anyone who would object or question anything.

Advice to Management

Encourage people to speak their minds and bring some contrasting ideas to the table. This is how ideas and organizations grow. However, if you want people to just be cheerleaders for your brand and pretend everything is ok when we are hemorrhaging from multiples lines of service and losing business left and right to our competition than please do not do a thing.

7. "Employment Review"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits and competitive compensation. Management is concerned about keeping the consultants happy. They really attempt to create a community and overcome the challenges of all the employees being displaced.

Cons

Not really true consulting. Most of the work in Atlanta is really just staff augmentation work.
    Career path is not clear. The "part time" management structure doesn't really support career growth.
    Lot of ad hoc busy work. Expectation to participate on multitude of committees on your own time, but not clear value to many of these activities.
    Most training available only on employee's own time with little company support.

Advice to Management

Better training opportunities. Rationalize the committees to ensure true value proposition. Consider a professional hr person.

"Company in Decline"

Former Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Principal in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and competitive salary. They pay overtime. There are some great consultants on the team. Beautiful Atlanta offices. Local delivery model.

Cons

Corporate leadership is incapable of leading or growing this business. After almost 30 years, the company is only 1000 Consultants. The only real Consulting office was Atlanta and the whole leadership team just left, same thing happens in every office about every 5 years. Corporate Leadership drives the best leaders away and then the office collapses and gas to be rebuilt.

Advice to Management

Corporate Management needs to retire and leave the company to the next generation of leaders.

"Work/Life Balance + Fair Comp & Ben"

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

The local consulting model, combined with the focus of a growing but small practice in Atlanta, results in DBS' ability to provide for work life balance above the big 4. Client base is diverse enough to provide for career growth and the chance to work within many industries, combined with a great/clear promotion policy and huge branch growth, it makes it an exciting place to work full of opportunity.
    Compensation is more than fair, with the chance to receive overtime pay. Benefits are comprehensive and not outlandishly expensive.

Cons

- Time off policies. Everyone starts with a net zero balance on vacation, earning the first ten days at year one. Far less than working in industry, for sure.
    - Staff augmentation feel at certain clients. While the gap is bridged by office activities, those are typically pro bono hours, and not always enough to make one feel that they are not "Me, Inc." contracted to client through DBS.

"Great work life balance, benefits better than national firm and quality of people"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

After working for top 3 consulting firms for over a decade, I decided to make a move to a local model boutique consulting firm "Daugherty", 3 reasons why I true love my career at Daugherty:
    - When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry
    - Great clients including list of fortune 500
    - Above all they are picking up cream from top consulting firms, so you are surrounded and talented people who value family life, work life and hate big 4 politics

Cons

When you work with any company of its size you are bound to face the following challenges/opportunities to improve:
    - Not all Policies and Procedures are matured
    - PTO not too great but frankly speaking even though I had great PTO package in a top consulting firm, I could never take advantage of it anyways.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job and don't give up on the core values of this company as we grow