Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Updated December 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 21 reviews)

• Good solid consulting company with a local delivery model (no travel) (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Self-described as a consultancy, but mostly staff-aug (in 27 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"body shop and layoffs"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good health care. a few smart people. not much more.

Cons

this is just a body shop has very low technical consulting ability. 30 % layoffs in May 2015 after email was sent saying there would be no layoffs. They hired me for 2 months, I sat on the bench and then was let go. I would only use this as a pit stop and keep looking. management was very arrogant and rude and viewed consultants as widgets only. hire and fire.

Advice to Management

stop being arrogant and start to tell the truth to your consultants. sending an email that says there are no layoffs then 2 weeks later a 30 % layoff was really bad. you need to repair your damaged reputation in the chicago market.

Oct 27, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that you feel working with Team Daugherty was not the best experience. Our team in Chicago has grown considerably since you were with us, particularly in... More

"The horror... The horror"

Current Employee - Client Partner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone who is terrible at their job gets paid extremely well. All you really have to do is not hit the bench.

Cons

If you hit the bench, you will be fired after 4 weeks waiting for them to sell new work, which rarely happens. Tick tock. Assignments are all staff augmentation, and they sell one person at a time. No project work. They're clinging to one or two major clients in each market. It's a house of cards.

Advice to Management

Sell. Quit holding people's careers hostage. Quit spending money on incompetent sales people.

Sep 5, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. We're sorry that you're having a less than stellar experience. There are a few projects that can feel staff aug, but we're working hard to win more opportunities that are... More

3. "Daugherty is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with strong internal capabilities. A true consultancy, not just a staff aug provider.

Cons

Growth brings growing pains, but it's all good in the end.

"Run Away!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work with clients is good

Cons

The Leadership is terrible...one of the worst I have ever seen-micromanagers, reactionary anger. Everyone is afraid of the leadership.

Advice to Management

Get a clue...Ron Daugherty may have built this company, but he needs to go and let others take over.....which he will never do...Do not come here

Sep 2, 2017 – Marketing Specialist

I’m sorry that you have this impression of our company. We work hard to ensure that every member of our team not only feels that they have a voice, but that they can develop their career with us and... More

"Amazing benefits!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Daugherty has an incredible benefits package for health, vision, and dental. Generous PTO is given at 25 days/year, plus an additional day for each year of service.

Cons

401(k)s do not become fully vested until 5 years; PTO must be used when clients are off and for sick leave

Advice to Management

Reduce burden on managers by allowing them to bill less than 40 hours/week; eliminate the performance review process - currently, industries are trending away from this as it takes a significant amount of time and the outcomes are ineffective - this will give your billable employees more time to do good work for their client without additional stress around mid-year/end-year review time.

6. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Business Analyst Consultant II in Creve Coeur, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Consultant II in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing. PTO is good. Projects are interesting and challenging. Big name companies are partners. Generous community outreach and invlolvement. Great training courses offered.

Cons

PTO has to be used for days your client is closed and for sick time.

7. "Look place too work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

In house development as well as consulting

Cons

not in a lot of markets, Smaller business

"Senior Consultant - Information Analyst III"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Information Analyst III in Creve Coeur, MO

Pros

Great Benefits, Fair Pay, plenty of training opportunities

Cons

PTO plan is a bust. They tell you 25 days of PTO as a Senior Consultant so you think 4 weeks and 5 personal days. NOT SO FAST. They include 10 Holidays in those 25 days (NEVER heard of that before) so in effect you start at 2 weeks vacation (plus 5 personal days) and add only 1 day a year after. Completely unacceptable for Senior People. Also, 401K match vests at 20% per year. Industry standard now is the match is 100% yours immediately.

Advice to Management

Fix the PTO issue. Everyone was misled on the way in, and a bunch have already left. You have a great company. This will continue to cost you top level talent. No one with 25 years experience will be satisfied with 2 real weeks of vacation. Holidays are NOT to be factored into PTO.

9. "Architect"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Great org with a great vision

Cons

Adding too many middle tier leaders, need to foster existing talent to promote from with in more versus hiring out.

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Opportunity to work with top talent.
    Great Benefits.
    They attempt to keep their placed consultants engaged.

Cons

Contrary to what is communicated in interviews, Daugherty does not take location into consideration when placing consultants at client offices.

Advice to Management

Listen. When a consultant communicates discontent in a role, listen. If what the consultant communicates is valid, act.