Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Updated May 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 21 reviews)

• No travel required with this company (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Little work outside of Staff aug (in 26 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"A Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, friendly, supportive working culture. Good mix of consulting projects and industries to be exposed to.

Great zero deductible health care coverage. 25 days PTO to start (must be used for holidays and sick time) which accrues quickly and can be rolled over.

Cons

401k vesting period is lengthy

"Wanted to rate a 3, but can't"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*You will have the opportunity to learn, both self directed and instructor based.
    *The benefits are truly better than any where I have ever worked.
    *You will have the ability to learn from a variety of people.

Cons

*Learn from a variety of people...in the past year we have turned over the majority of our leadership with little to no communication to us. We find out people have left when we ask people why our emails have gone unanswered.
    *We are supposed to be focused on sales, but we have also turned over 7 sales people in the last three years.
    *We were told a new management structure was coming back in July, there has been no further communication.

Advice to Management

Why are we not communicating to our employee base? Why are we saying negative things about leaders that leave? I am starting to feel very insecure, and I know others are as well.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Good consultants. Some very good managers.

Cons

This company is attractive on the outside, but once in you find that you were hired to fill a seat (contractor) at a client site. Yes, a handful of senior folks do consulting, but it's mostly staff aug. Don't be fooled. If Daugherty is your only job offer, then consider it, you will be working with some good people. If you are looking for a career, this is not it. High turnover, too. Leadership just sweeps it under the carpet.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at your leadership in the Atlanta Branch. Why is there apathy and why are people leaving?

Oct 31, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

We are sorry that you feel this way. Our Atlanta team is wonderful, and they are growing really fast under Monika Mueller's leadership. We're not just winning new client work, but we're adding new ... More

"Software Engineer 1"

Former Employee - Software Engineer I in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer I in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beneftis are decent, pay is just about market average

Cons

Incredibly confusing managment structure. No communication from leads/managment staff. A LOT of after hours work. Wouldnt recommend.

Advice to Management

Hope this trend changes for newer employees

Oct 31, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We'll make sure this is seen by leadership.

"senior manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

local model , like minded people

Cons

not that i can think off

Advice to Management

non

"Software Engineer III"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Recognition
    Career growth
    Good insurance plan
    Very supportive management
    New dev center model

Cons

Management communicating information before its finalized

Advice to Management

Management needs to take decision quickly

"Senior business analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company truly cares about both its' employees and customers. The benefits are very good and training opportunities are fantastic. Would never hesitate to recommend working for them. They are committed to continuous improvement.

Cons

There tend to be multiple layers of management that can sometimes get in the way of clear communication across all lines of the business.

Advice to Management

Give every employee the opportunity to apply for any open position within the company.

"Solid Company for People in the middle of their Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

Pros

Fellow consultants are always willing to help
    They are one of the few companies that has a real bench policy
    There is a lot of internal training available

Cons

Like most companies, you own your career, don't expect leadership to manage your career for you

Advice to Management

If you say that you are going to do something, do it and follow up

"Solid Mid-Size Firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Of the 3 firms I have worked for in my career Daugherty is by far the best for numerous reasons. There is a ton of opportunity with the growth the company is having, of course you have to be willing to capture it but it's there. Solid teaming environment and doing some interesting work. Well compensated, great benefits and flexibility.

Cons

No where is even close to perfect. Sometimes support can be limited and you have to hunt and find it.

Advice to Management

Add more Leadership and Management. It seems like the leadership team is always stretched thin.

Jul 11, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for your review! We are so excited that you are loving your work at Daugherty and appreciate the insight you're providing. We agree with you, and leadership bandwidth is a major focus for us ... More

"Chicago Consultant"

Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is impressive - they have a nice office for you to go to while you're on the bench.

They have a parking garage so you won't have to dust the snow off of your car when leaving at night.

That's about it.

Cons

Sometimes a hypothetical can come in handy.

Let's say you are a seasoned professional blacksmith.

Daugherty Chicago recruits you to be a blacksmith for Daugherty and offers you an attractive salary and great benefits.

Delighted at the prospects you begin your tenure with optimism and enthusiasm.

That enthusiasm begins to ebb after sitting on the bench for a much longer than anticipated timeframe.

You begin to wonder "why was I hired?"

Then one day - voila - they have a "brief" client need that you can fill.

Unfortunately it is not a blacksmith role. But, hey,
    "get out of your comfort zone" - "it's not in your wheelhouse but we all love a challenge".

You ask "Since I'm not getting an opportunity to show you my blacksmith skills, what will I be doing?"

You are told "you will be a triage nurse".

You say "but I'm not a triage nurse, I'm a blacksmith, a highly experienced blacksmith, that's why you made me an offer that made me leave my previous employer".

They say "don't worry, you'll do fine".

Then you get to your assignment to find that you are the ONLY triage nurse with a room full of emergency patients.

You do your best, but again, you are a blacksmith, not a triage nurse.

The client asks for a replacement triage nurse.

Daugherty Chicago treats you like a failure, and without an ounce of decorum, fires you - the seasoned blacksmith - for not succeeding as a triage nurse who's had no experience or training as a triage nurse.

And to top it all off? The separation process is downright nasty! The crassness of the separation process is enough to compel you to take the time to leave a review on Glassdoor.

It makes you wonder if the recruiters only get paid to recruit - regardless of opportunities.

Do yourself a tremendous favor, avoid Daugherty Chicago.

Advice to Management

I can't even think of any advice to offer Daugherty Chicago management. I wonder if there is a management staff at Daugherty Chicago to even heed the advice I would offer.

Jul 18, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that you've had such a negative experience with our company. Chicago is going through some growing pains and leadership bandwidth challenges, but we're making ... More