Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Updated December 17, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies (in 20 reviews)

• Well compensated, great benefits and flexibility (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Little work outside of Staff aug (in 25 reviews)

• but thats part of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer I
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Great team members on onsite dev teams.
    Solution driven/ Collaborative environment
    Great Health insurance.

Cons

PTO is about 25 days which includes everything: sick-leave/National holidays ..

Advice to Management

The company is in right direction. Keep it up

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you're enjoying being part of Team Daugherty. Keep up the great work!

"Chicago Consultant"

Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is impressive - they have a nice office for you to go to while you're on the bench.

They have a parking garage so you won't have to dust the snow off of your car when leaving at night.

That's about it.

Cons

Sometimes a hypothetical can come in handy.

Let's say you are a seasoned professional blacksmith.

Daugherty Chicago recruits you to be a blacksmith for Daugherty and offers you an attractive salary and great benefits.

Delighted at the prospects you begin your tenure with optimism and enthusiasm.

That enthusiasm begins to ebb after sitting on the bench for a much longer than anticipated timeframe.

You begin to wonder "why was I hired?"

Then one day - voila - they have a "brief" client need that you can fill.

Unfortunately it is not a blacksmith role. But, hey,
    "get out of your comfort zone" - "it's not in your wheelhouse but we all love a challenge".

You ask "Since I'm not getting an opportunity to show you my blacksmith skills, what will I be doing?"

You are told "you will be a triage nurse".

You say "but I'm not a triage nurse, I'm a blacksmith, a highly experienced blacksmith, that's why you made me an offer that made me leave my previous employer".

They say "don't worry, you'll do fine".

Then you get to your assignment to find that you are the ONLY triage nurse with a room full of emergency patients.

You do your best, but again, you are a blacksmith, not a triage nurse.

The client asks for a replacement triage nurse.

Daugherty Chicago treats you like a failure, and without an ounce of decorum, fires you - the seasoned blacksmith - for not succeeding as a triage nurse who's had no experience or training as a triage nurse.

And to top it all off? The separation process is downright nasty! The crassness of the separation process is enough to compel you to take the time to leave a review on Glassdoor.

It makes you wonder if the recruiters only get paid to recruit - regardless of opportunities.

Do yourself a tremendous favor, avoid Daugherty Chicago.

Advice to Management

I can't even think of any advice to offer Daugherty Chicago management. I wonder if there is a management staff at Daugherty Chicago to even heed the advice I would offer.

Jul 18, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that you've had such a negative experience with our company. Chicago is going through some growing pains and leadership bandwidth challenges, but we're making ... More

3. "Great collaborative environment"

Pros

- team based
    - collaborative
    - learning resources
    - good benefits

Cons

- extremely client focused
    - overtime expected without pay sometimes

Advice to Management

Please value your employees.

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the insight. Please know that you are valued. We are nothing without the wonderful team behind us, and we are grateful for the opportunity to continue ... More

"Not that great"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

The health benefits are really good. The consultants are generally good to work with except for a few. The compensation is good. The no travel policy is mostly followed. The office is a nice work space.

Cons

The bonus is tiny. You can't work from home even on the bench so you have to drive into the office which gets to be cumbersome. The PTO includes national holidays so you have to earn them before using. Many times people are let go and no one knows why.

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve Daugherty, and feedback like this is invaluable. We wish you the best in where you go next.

"Great team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Daugherty has some seriously good teams including the Dev team and its leader Jim Fenner. It is always a pleasure to work with them and to be a part of that group of seriously good consultants and Jim is incredibly smart yet humble which is rare in many leaders today. Another plus is working with a great Operations Manager who truly understands how to connect and keep in touch with each of his team members. You are not a number!

Cons

Feeling pretty good right now.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to look at your top talent and do what needs to be done to keep them. It is not about years of experience rather it is about contribution and attitude. Look at some of the young hidden talent and take action. They are invaluable.

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the great review! We love that you are feeling pretty good about your job at Daugherty. Wes and Jim are two of the best. We'll challenge them to turn your pretty good into pretty great ... More

"Trip back to the 1980's"

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Some of the people hired are really good. They're insightful, knowledgeable, and experts in their fields.

Cons

Regardless of experience, new consultants are treated as rookies. That and the paid time off policy is insulting. Additionally, the MD I worked for is green and compensates by micromanaging.

Advice to Management

The turnover especially in Atlanta is a really good indicator that there are management issues.

Jul 11, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for reviewing our company. We're sorry that this was not a good fit for you and wish you all the best in your next career move.

"Great on-site team structure"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great client-site team framework which allows Daugherty employees to feel connected to the branch.

Cons

Daugherty leadership at the client-site is lacking. Consultants lean heavily on the team leadership as opposed to the branch leadership.

Advice to Management

Provide more presence at the client sites. Make more of an effort to be seen and to check-in on consultants.

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the insight. We are having some leadership bandwidth issues with our fast growth over the last couple of year and have made it a priority for 2016.

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits. That's it. Atlanta is an absolute wreck. I worked here for 3 years to get off the road and in that time management has drastically turned over. it took me a while to figure out this out but they're a staffing company so if you're billing you're heads down and don't really know what's going on back at the ranch until you hit the bench. I hit it twice and the second time was let go along with 4 others

Cons

I don't have any actionable advice other than to stop selling yourself as a consulting company. This is a TOTAL body shop. The worst was we had our corporate party announcing what a solid year we had after laying off half our bench. reach out to any former employee before working there. Just pick one Anyone!!

Advice to Management

I don't know how much more time the husband/ wife owners have so why not just sell it and be done with the headache already???

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

We are sorry that you feel this way. Our Atlanta team is wonderful, and they are growing really fast under Monika Mueller's leadership. We're not just winning new client work, but we're adding new ... More

"Not a culture for a sales professional"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Base pay is above average.

Cons

Strict oversight; stifling executive; antiquated perspectives on sales methods; excessive internal reviews; limited local sales support for various practices

Advice to Management

When you hire good people, you need to let them do their jobs.

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you had such a negative experience, but appreciate the opportunity to improve.

"Great Place to work"

Pros

Daugherty has a caring culture that wants to make a difference in their community. They care about the employee and have better work life balance with their local model than other consulting companies.

Cons

While they are a generous organization they are a consulting firm so you have to have open eyes going into it that your continued existence with the organization is associated with the next engagement you are put on. While they may carry people for longer on the bench, they are still subject to the same cost structure as other consulting companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing from a personal perspective making the organization a great place to work.

Jun 29, 2016 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for a great review! We love our team of thoughtful individuals. Thanks for being part of Team Daugherty!