KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Daugherty Business Solutions

Engaged Employer

Daugherty Business Solutions

Add a Review

Daugherty Business Solutions Employee Reviews about "staff augmentation"

Updated Oct 13, 2021

Found 28 of over 422 reviews

4.4
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is very good too(in 36 reviews)

• "DBS does a great job investing in their consultants training and provides great benefits(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have not had any issues during my time with Daugherty(in 51 reviews)

• "Some clients just want you to shut up and deliver, even if what you are delivering is garbage by design, and your job turns into staff aug(in 32 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Daugherty Business Solutions

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Daugherty Business Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "staff augmentation"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Cares for employees

Oct 13, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Daugherty Business Solutions encourages employee growth

Cons

Sometimes feels like a staff-augmentation company instead of consulting

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not Great

Jul 8, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medical insurance was great, the $0 deductible was nice.

Cons

A lot of my cons have been mentioned here already, but it really feels like you're working for your client rather than Daugherty - if I wanted to work for a client, I would do it directly. This means you have to keep track of 2 emails, calendars, laptops, etc. PTO is a joke and added onto it; if your client (that you don't get to choose) has a holiday or the Daugherty office is "closed" you HAVE to use your PTO. So if you have a vacation or are sick, that counts against you, and you may have to go negative. Compensation is much lower than the industry average. Especially for the work you're doing and the number of hours per week they expect from you 40hrs at client + extra hours doing Daugherty learning. Even this far into the pandemic they refuse to embrace remote work. Most of the ERG events were halted and put on hold "until we get back in the office". Your manager is dependant on which client you're at. So you have to start over when you get a new client as well. Communication is terrible. I never knew I was being switched to a new client or team until the last day I was on that project. They want you to sell Daugherty as much as possible to the client, and clients always remark on how expensive Daugherty is. Yet your salary doesn't reflect that. Staff augmentation is exactly what they do. Especially at home depot. People will be there for years, yet still, work for Daugherty.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The company hires great people but fail to get good contracts

Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, great benefits, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Hiring promises not kept. Staff augmentation instead of real consulting work.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty employer, but actions don’t match words

May 26, 2020 - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, capable coworkers. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Much more staff augmentation than they would leave you to believe, organization is slow moving. Decision making is very much bottle necked by the executives.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Benefits, well established in Software Engineering and Architecture

Jan 27, 2020 - Principal Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best benefits I've seen (health insurance) Software engineering and architecture are definitely this companies "bread and butter" - so if this is what you are looking for this would be a great place for you

Cons

PTO days are required to be used for holidays Rapidly growing their leadership with no structure in place to acclimate experienced hires into the company\job. Leadership states staff augmentation is only a small part of what they do but the reality in the field is very different (especially in the delivery and leadership vertical of the business).

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Good Company for Experience

May 13, 2019 - Senior Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a plethora of skills. If you are good, they listen to where you want to be placed. If you have a good team lead, they will help you advance within Daugherty. Learning sessions are offered quite often. You are encouraged to learn while on the "bench" as you wait for your next position.

Cons

If you are not really good at what you do/do not speak up, you are treated as just staff augmentation. If you have a bad team lead, you will only be setup for failure. PTO policy is honestly not good as you are required to use your PTO if your client has a holiday.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stop chasing, start focusing

Mar 25, 2019 - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is a great place to grow your career. You learn about solving problems, working with different challenges, and managing expectations. The health benefits are pretty good, and keep more money in your pocket, but are beginning to fall short.

Cons

The billion dollars or bust is keenly felt among us. Bench time, although allowed, is frowned upon. Stop insisting we are not staff augmentation, we are and we do it better than anyone else. People that care about us are being replaced by those that care about their bonus. The management cannot see the future.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Principal Consultant/ formerly referred to as a manager

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

healthcare benefits are top notch and co-workers are great for the most part

Cons

Local leadership team is sub-par, consulting assignments are low level staff augmentation work. Little room for growth or learning, all training opportunities are in the evening after you complete your 8 hour billable day. Only 2-3 clients so working here is risky.

9 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0

Fine, but not great

Oct 8, 2018 - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Local consulting model, so you don't have to travel unless on a rare occasion * Offices in each market are small enough that you don't feel lost in a huge company * PTO was competitive for a consulting/staffing type firm * Generally flexible depending on the client, for things like taking PTO or work life balance. * You can have the opportunity to work with good people depending on the project.

Cons

* Executive leadership and direction for the company is lacking in a big way. The CEO focuses so much time and money on his other pet businesses, that the actual consulting business suffers. * The roles are mostly sold as staff augmentation and they hired people to fill roles, not build teams. Which led to a mixed quality of consultant versus just someone there for their 9-5 job. * Promotions can be complicated and can really depend on who you know. * Sales and recruiting are compensated exceptionally well compared to the consultant salary which generally lags behind other firms in the market.

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Marketing Specialist

I’m sorry that you feel this way about our organization, but we always appreciate the feedback. While each client situation is unique, over the last 2 years our local business has shifted significantly toward collaborative managed teams, a reflection of our continued success in working on our clients' toughest problems and bringing great results from the broader Team Daugherty. This growth has also led to increased training and certification offerings, as well as team leadership training led by the executive leadership team. Leadership has made a commitment to providing Consultants with the tools to reach their professional goals, allowing us to better serve our clients and continue to grow our team. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we wish you luck in your next career move. Managing Director Minneapolis

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The horror... The horror

Sep 2, 2017 - Client Partner in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone who is terrible at their job gets paid extremely well. All you really have to do is not hit the bench.

Cons

If you hit the bench, you will be fired after 4 weeks waiting for them to sell new work, which rarely happens. Tick tock. Assignments are all staff augmentation, and they sell one person at a time. No project work. They're clinging to one or two major clients in each market. It's a house of cards.

20 people found this review helpful

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. We're sorry that you're having a less than stellar experience. There are a few projects that can feel staff aug, but we're working hard to win more opportunities that are solution focused. In fact, that effort is paying off with several recent wins. We would love to hear what you think we can do to improve. If you want to provide more specific feedback, we do have an anonymous suggestion box on our internal CONNECT site. Click on "HR" at the top to access. You can remain anonymous there, or if you desire more direct contact, you will have the ability to leave your name.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews