Daugherty Business Solutions "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Daugherty Business Solutions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 11, 2019

4.4
Daugherty Business Solutions CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty
Pros
  • "The company is very understanding that you do have a life outside of work (work life balance)(in 33 reviews)

• "Great benefits that make it as easy as possible to work while raising a family(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Staff Aug is a four letter word but is also the business model(in 31 reviews)

• "Local leadership team is sub-par, consulting assignments are low level staff augmentation work(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A truly wonderful, exciting and technologically astute company!"

Current Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cares about employees, great work-life balance, extremely generous benefits package, pro training

Cons

None at all. Keep up the great work!

Daugherty Business Solutions2019-09-17

"Middle of the Road"

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance. Quarterly company events, some happy hours and social events. Decent Salary. Annual promotion/raise consideration. Amazing healthcare. Honestly kind people.

Cons

I didn’t stick around long, due to a great offer elsewhere, but these are the things I saw: Uncertain career development. Staff aug/contractor work. PTO is one bucket - holiday, sick, etc. accrued over the year, so very easy to go negative depending on hire date. Confusing management structure. More likely than not, working on a project that doesn’t fit your skill set. Small client list.

Daugherty Business Solutions2019-10-12

"Outstanding Company that Cultivates Consultants, Takes Care of Clients, and Serves Communities"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team Daugherty is filled with experienced consultants who have the opportunity to get off the road and work locally with Fortune 100 companies on their most strategic initiatives. Daugherty is a great company that truly cultivates employees, provides work-life balance, and makes a difference in the communities it serves in. Quality of health benefits, paid billable overtime, and ongoing training opportunities represent a strong ongoing commitment by Daugherty to invest in employees. Dallas MD has been a strong advocate for consultants behind the scenes, stabilizing the market, and increasing the level of transparency and communication across the Dallas team while also supporting the Chicago market. HR and IT support for consultants while onsite at clients is outstanding. Development and promotion opportunities abound for those willing to invest the time to understand their personal value proposition and take the initiative to make a collaborative plan with their leadership that is tied to business objectives.

Cons

I wouldn't work here if you plan on just passing through, the Daugherty value proposition is so good that it is really hard to leave once you get here. Dallas office needs a more collaborative office space where culture can grow and events can happen.

Daugherty Business Solutions2019-09-10
  4. "Investing and Growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We recently were awarded "Top place to work" among large companies here in St.Louis, and I can see why! -Daugherty is growing and investing in their employees and the community. There are always learning opportunities, including certifications, for the employees that helps us grow in our individual personal goals. They encourage each employee to strive for personal career growth and do not silo them into the typical "up or out" business mentality. -The benefits are the best I have seen in this market. -The other employees here are great to work with and there is always a sense of collaboration. -Work life balance is great and the company often has events that you are encouraged to bring your family to. With the culture and atmosphere of Daugherty I am happy and proud to work here.

Cons

No company is perfect, however Daugherty listens to opportunities to improve and takes strides to do so.

Daugherty Business Solutions2019-06-26
  5. "Supportive Company"

Current Employee - Consultant (SA&E) in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is so supportive and wants to help you succeed. The company is very understanding that you do have a life outside of work (work life balance). You get to work on a variety of different newer technologies. There are fun events and education events like game nights, coding challenges, and various lunch and learns. Employees are all very eager and very bright. Being at the Daugherty dev center, the environment is mostly relaxed.

Cons

Things change very often because you are a Consultant. One day you could be at the office on the Bench not assigned to a client, and the next day you could be told you are going to a client that day. If you don't handle unscheduled changes well, it could be difficult. Work environments can change depending on client engagement.

Daugherty Business Solutions2019-06-11

"Fine, but not great"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Local consulting model, so you don't have to travel unless on a rare occasion * Offices in each market are small enough that you don't feel lost in a huge company * PTO was competitive for a consulting/staffing type firm * Generally flexible depending on the client, for things like taking PTO or work life balance. * You can have the opportunity to work with good people depending on the project.

Cons

* Executive leadership and direction for the company is lacking in a big way. The CEO focuses so much time and money on his other pet businesses, that the actual consulting business suffers. * The roles are mostly sold as staff augmentation and they hired people to fill roles, not build teams. Which led to a mixed quality of consultant versus just someone there for their 9-5 job. * Promotions can be complicated and can really depend on who you know. * Sales and recruiting are compensated exceptionally well compared to the consultant salary which generally lags behind other firms in the market.

Daugherty Business Solutions2018-10-08

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

October 9, 2018Marketing Specialist

I’m sorry that you feel this way about our organization, but we always appreciate the feedback. While each client situation is unique, over the last 2 years our local business has shifted significantly toward collaborative managed teams, a reflection of our continued success in working on our clients' toughest problems and bringing great results from the broader Team Daugherty. This growth has also led to increased training and certification offerings, as well as team leadership training led by the executive leadership team. Leadership has made a commitment to providing Consultants with the tools to reach their professional goals, allowing us to better serve our clients and continue to grow our team. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we wish you luck in your next career move. Managing Director Minneapolis

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent medical benefits - Good salary for the area - Big name clients - Amazing coworkers, really smart quick thinking, and friendly - Standing / Adjustable desks (if you are in the dev center) - Paid bench time (100% salary, no restrictions, but you do need to show to the office) - Assigned to client projects that match your skillset - Work/Life balance is clear cut, 40 hours mean 40 hours - Overtime available, if the client is willing to pay

Cons

- Depending on what project you are assigned, some can be great, some can burn you out - Dealing with red tape - Communication upwards often falls on deaf ears, even if its to attempt to benefit the company - Lunch and learns with clear intentions of focusing on a specific line of service's main area, should do so, rather than attempt to appeal to all (especially technical discussions)

Daugherty Business Solutions2018-09-07

"Knowledgeable Peers, Abundant Growth Opportunities, Great Leadership, Awesome Benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For a company to be successful it must have good leadership, direction and committed consultants. Daugherty Chicago office has some of the best thought leaders and coaches. Growth opportunities are abundant for those who want to make a mark in client delivery as well as building Line-of-Service and other branch development activities. Successful consultants actively participate in shaping their career, which aligns with their personal aspirations as well as company direction. Plenty of guidance, coaching, training and opportunities are provided by branch leaders for those who are committed to personal and company's success. Company's CSA2 approach ensures that most value is delivered to customers and at the same time best career development environment is made available to employees. Abundant training is made available to all employees in variety of fields. Work-life balance is encouraged. However, it will vary depending upon which client one is working with. The core culture is inclusive, cooperative, warm and welcoming. Benefits and compensation is among the best in the market.

Cons

A few anchor accounts are moving to Chicago downtown. This may be a challenge for some of those living in far suburbs from commute standpoint.

Daugherty Business Solutions2018-08-26

"Daugherty Business Solutions is passionate about how they treat their clients and their consultants"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

You work with top tier talent, flat organization, amazing benefits, great work-life balance, clear career paths, revenue sharing, earn overtime pay after 40 hours a week, strong consultant development

Cons

Base pay is a little less than comparable firms in the market area so you’ll need to work a few extra hours each week to compensate and you are not guaranteed that opportunity since it will depend on client needs

Daugherty Business Solutions2018-02-07

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, Work Life Balance, Stress Free

Cons

Internal operations and technology are from the 1990's Staff Aug is a four letter word but is also the business model Printed handouts are the status quo and digital dashboards are foreign to senior leaders internally

Daugherty Business Solutions2017-12-28