KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Daugherty Business Solutions

Engaged Employer

Daugherty Business Solutions

Add a Review

Daugherty Business Solutions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 19, 2021

Found 36 of over 422 reviews

4.4
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is very good too(in 36 reviews)

• "DBS does a great job investing in their consultants training and provides great benefits(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have not had any issues during my time with Daugherty(in 51 reviews)

• "Some clients just want you to shut up and deliver, even if what you are delivering is garbage by design, and your job turns into staff aug(in 32 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Daugherty Business Solutions

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Daugherty Business Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work

Jun 28, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trainings, Pay, Culture, Management, Benefits, Opportunities, Work/Life Balance

Cons

First engagement can be a little slow as you learn the ropes

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good mostly

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for a technologist and get a feel for different companies around town and a variety work experience. It's a good place to plug into the tech scene and meet lots of other tech folks. Good health/dental. Reasonable work life balance.

Cons

While most coworkers were happy, some got stuck on long engagements that were well out of line with their career goals and desired experiences.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding Company that Cultivates Consultants, Takes Care of Clients, and Serves Communities

Sep 10, 2019 - Senior Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Daugherty is filled with experienced consultants who have the opportunity to get off the road and work locally with Fortune 100 companies on their most strategic initiatives. Daugherty is a great company that truly cultivates employees, provides work-life balance, and makes a difference in the communities it serves in. Quality of health benefits, paid billable overtime, and ongoing training opportunities represent a strong ongoing commitment by Daugherty to invest in employees. Dallas MD has been a strong advocate for consultants behind the scenes, stabilizing the market, and increasing the level of transparency and communication across the Dallas team while also supporting the Chicago market. HR and IT support for consultants while onsite at clients is outstanding. Development and promotion opportunities abound for those willing to invest the time to understand their personal value proposition and take the initiative to make a collaborative plan with their leadership that is tied to business objectives.

Cons

I wouldn't work here if you plan on just passing through, the Daugherty value proposition is so good that it is really hard to leave once you get here. Dallas office needs a more collaborative office space where culture can grow and events can happen.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

DBS Review

Jun 29, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent, Flexible, Professional, Teamwork, Work life balance

Cons

Nothing I experience so far.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Investing and Growing

Jun 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

We recently were awarded "Top place to work" among large companies here in St.Louis, and I can see why! -Daugherty is growing and investing in their employees and the community. There are always learning opportunities, including certifications, for the employees that helps us grow in our individual personal goals. They encourage each employee to strive for personal career growth and do not silo them into the typical "up or out" business mentality. -The benefits are the best I have seen in this market. -The other employees here are great to work with and there is always a sense of collaboration. -Work life balance is great and the company often has events that you are encouraged to bring your family to. With the culture and atmosphere of Daugherty I am happy and proud to work here.

Cons

No company is perfect, however Daugherty listens to opportunities to improve and takes strides to do so.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Middle of the Road

Oct 11, 2019 - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance. Quarterly company events, some happy hours and social events. Decent Salary. Annual promotion/raise consideration. Amazing healthcare. Honestly kind people.

Cons

I didn’t stick around long, due to a great offer elsewhere, but these are the things I saw: Uncertain career development. Staff aug/contractor work. PTO is one bucket - holiday, sick, etc. accrued over the year, so very easy to go negative depending on hire date. Confusing management structure. More likely than not, working on a project that doesn’t fit your skill set. Small client list.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Opportunity to Learn

Jul 17, 2020 - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance and company culture Emphasis on learning and constant improvement

Cons

Salary a little underpar for the area

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Feb 6, 2020 - Software Engineer in Bloomington, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are way better than other companies offer. But people and culture in the company even better than benefits! Work/life balance is very good too.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A truly wonderful, exciting and technologically astute company!

Sep 17, 2019 - Senior Scrum Master in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about employees, great work-life balance, extremely generous benefits package, pro training

Cons

None at all. Keep up the great work!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Solid company that truly values work/life balance & career growth

May 20, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience at Daugherty Business Solutions is good. It is a great place to work. After working at various companies throughout my career you can easily recognize when a company strives and takes the measures of doing things right and keeping their folks happy, and it doesn't become a challenge to write a review on them. It's sort of like when you discover a good restaurant, a gem, and you want all of your friends/colleagues to know about them to experience how good it could be. I've watched how Daugherty does not just talk to the talk but truly walk the walk in how they operate. They say they value work/life balance-check I've seen that here. No travel required with this company. They say they have clear defined career growth plans and allow you to be a driver of your career path- check I've seen it here. There are smart and passionate people all around here at Daugherty that are going after the same goal. On top of that they are people that you can become good friends with.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough but that's anywhere in Atlanta. Luckily, there is some work hours flexibility with that.

4 people found this review helpful

Daugherty Business Solutions Response

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what we strive to be in all of our offices, and we're so excited that you've found a great place to work with us. Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews