Daughters of Charity Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Issai

1. "RN Perinatal unit"

Former Employee - RN Staff in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - RN Staff in Daly City, CA

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System (More than a year)

Pros

Kind professional nurses Great parking for night shift.

Cons

Maternity closure. Communications and back up from supervisors mediocre.

Advice to Management

Nothing

2. "Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Daughters of Charity Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason I work is my patients

Cons

I chose not to say

3. "High pay, lots of work load, you deal with alot, family environment with staff."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lynwood, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lynwood, CA

Pros

i love working here because you really deal and take care of the sickest of the sick. Every skill yo ever learned in nursing school at some point will be used, i mean EVERY skill.you will become a highly skilled nurse. they compensate you well, especially if you've been there more than 5 years. I feel management does work with you. if you want to continue your education, most managers are flexible to help adjust your schedule, or they allow for a schedule request change to be done between other nurses. overall, the nursing work can be heavy, there are no CNA's at night, therefore you become the primary nurse for your patients. but like i mentioned before, it pays well, and you will encounter some tough situations where your critical thinking, and nursing judgement become a big factor in the direction of an intense situation. come here as prepared as you can. in addition, most floors are happy to help you grow and learn when we see full commitment on your end.

Cons

can be very stressful at times during rapid responses, code blues, and a lot of charting. sometimes difficult to get a hold of physicians for orders. some patients will disgrace you, cus at you, spit at you, simply because they are mentally ill, just do your best in these situations.

Advice to Management

I think management is trying to do its best right now, especially with all the changes. we can only ask so much at this time. my experience has not been tough with management. the y work with you as much as they can. as a nurse, i as well try to be flexible with them.

5. "No respect for temporary workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

people make you feel at home. Great team environment. I love the quotes plastered on walls to encourage you to move forward when you're feeling less than yourself .

Cons

I understand now why so many people working there are so tense . It is because managenent is quick to let go of competent and loyal people. You can go to work early and stay late and not gain any recognition for it .

Advice to Management

You don't stand for the hospital values. Karma will find you sooner or later.

6. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Pros

Decent pay (grant funded)
    beautiful setting

Cons

Not very much direction/mentorship
    Small
    Company is financially struggling

7. "love working there, excellent patient care"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Jose, CA

Pros

patient care taken very seriously, rewarded with peer recognition for good works and values that promote excellent patient care

Cons

financial instability, managers all promote each other

Advice to Management

get out of 80's we are in 2015 update contracts, learn new financial strategies

8. "Challenging environment. Managers need improvement."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Daughters of Charity Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment. Fast paced. Great learning environment.

Cons

Charge Nurses don't seem to know how to make assignments. Managers don't always listen to employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your RNs. They are the backbone of your group and not the charge RNs!

9. "There was poor communication between people and management's tone at the top is not very good."

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I heard the benefits were good, but I'm a temp worker so I did not get the benefits. The company had company lunches and parties from time to time and all the employees are invited. There are Christmas parties and white elephant event.

Cons

The accounts payable management is very poor. She had extremely bad communication skills because she is in the office 24/7. When she wanted something done, she would tell someone to tell me and never come to me herself even if she had the chance.
    There is a lot of unnecessary gossip in the accounting department. People gossip behind each other's back and there is just this un written tension between everyone. Basically to summarize it, a majority of the people there is very fake. It was a fake smile, fake everything. The culture at the place had a lot of tention... I go to there to work, and mind my own business, but these accounts payable techs have to always stir some drama for absolutely no reason. And these people here don't even have a college degree and basically if you don't mix with the crowd, you will not get promoted. Its a lot of politics here. I would not work here for perm. even if they extended my contract. People here are also unskilled. Just way too much politics. It is unfair. Its all about seniority here.

Advice to Management

Accounting/AP department head, needs better communication skills. Don't lock yourself in the office all day and when you finally come out, have a frown on your face like you just went through hell. Just because you went through hell, doesn't mean everyone at work has to get your contageous frown.

10. "Administrative Assistant/ Project Coordinator"

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Management,Great people

Cons

Remote area, In house HR, no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Develop your staff

11. "A/P"

Pros

this place has no pros

Cons

everything there is really terrible

Advice to Management

stop being terrible