Daughters of Charity Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Billing Specialist"

Former Contractor - Billing Assistant in Los Altos, CA
    Former Contractor - Billing Assistant in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The business environment was friendly.

Cons

I would not recommend other individuals to apply at DOCHS

Advice to Management

It would be nice if management is more flexible with employees.

2. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Pros

Decent pay (grant funded)
    beautiful setting

Cons

Not very much direction/mentorship
    Small
    Company is financially struggling

3. "Negative work environment with poor worklife balance"

Pros

Sisters are available and present

Cons

Organization is 20 years behind the times. Minimal assistance is provided to mid-level management but many demands are placed on them by the senior level management team. HR department is poorly managed but there is no insight by the senior level team into this issue.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust the management team that you hire and treat them with dignity and respect. Stop attacking the management team when your goals are not met as it is not all about reports, healthcare is about people receiving high quality patient and family centered care.

4. "There was poor communication between people and management's tone at the top is not very good."

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I heard the benefits were good, but I'm a temp worker so I did not get the benefits. The company had company lunches and parties from time to time and all the employees are invited. There are Christmas parties and white elephant event.

Cons

The accounts payable management is very poor. She had extremely bad communication skills because she is in the office 24/7. When she wanted something done, she would tell someone to tell me and never come to me herself even if she had the chance.
    There is a lot of unnecessary gossip in the accounting department. People gossip behind each other's back and there is just this un written tension between everyone. Basically to summarize it, a majority of the people there is very fake. It was a fake smile, fake everything. The culture at the place had a lot of tention... I go to there to work, and mind my own business, but these accounts payable techs have to always stir some drama for absolutely no reason. And these people here don't even have a college degree and basically if you don't mix with the crowd, you will not get promoted. Its a lot of politics here. I would not work here for perm. even if they extended my contract. People here are also unskilled. Just way too much politics. It is unfair. Its all about seniority here.

Advice to Management

Accounting/AP department head, needs better communication skills. Don't lock yourself in the office all day and when you finally come out, have a frown on your face like you just went through hell. Just because you went through hell, doesn't mean everyone at work has to get your contageous frown.

5. "Office admin"

Former Employee - Administrative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great place to work the people are great

Cons

not employee focused, old style management.

Advice to Management

be better leaders

6. "Great co-workers, unethical senior administration"

Pros

Great medical benefits, Excellent coworkers

Cons

Unskilled senior administration, Unwillingness to innovate

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and integrity they deserve. Check your turn over rates by department and hold those department leaders accountable.