David Saxe Productions Reviews | Glassdoor

David Saxe Productions Reviews

Found 66 reviews

2.2
David Saxe
Pros
  • "(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "David Saxe is a timid little man-child who cares more about his bottom line than the well-being & morale of his employees(in 7 reviews)

• "Owner very paranoid, video and conversations in office are always monitored(in 6 reviews)

"I love it here"

Current Employee - Media Sales Representative

I have been working at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, no micromanaging, a lot of creative licensing, and pay is good.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is leaving at 5 pm and driving home in rush hour traffic.

David Saxe Productions2018-09-10

October 1, 2018Director of Business Development

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review regarding your ongoing experience working at David Saxe Productions. We sincerely appreciate it.

"You should run away from this place."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working here.

Cons

You seeing these glorious 5 star reviews? They are fakes instigated by the man child that labels himself as the CEO. He can't hide from people disliking him for brutal and intimidating work tactics so he tries to drown them out. If you get a job here, please come back and leave a real review for any unfortunate soul that might apply later.

Advice to Management

Stop screaming at 18 year olds, stop invading employee's privacy, and stop being a sexist creep.

David Saxe Productions2018-11-10

November 13, 2018Director of Business Development

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your time. For those who plan to leave feedback on this page or for any other company, (and you're truly interested in offering information to help job-seekers) try to provide as much detail as possible. Leaving emotional, vague ...

"Love This Place!"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, creative, supportive atmosphere! Think Zappos/ Google type of vibe. Diverse group of creative self starters.

Cons

Only con is that I didn't start working here sooner.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating this beautiful space for so many wonderful people to thrive in.

David Saxe Productions2018-09-07

October 1, 2018Director of Business Development

Thank you for the thumbs up! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

"Excellent Company"

I worked at David Saxe Productions full-time

Pros

Forward-looking company, great staff, new offices.

Cons

Specific break times should not be applicable to senior management.

David Saxe Productions2018-08-15

October 1, 2018Director of Business Development

We're very happy you enjoyed working with us at David Saxe Productions and for taking a moment to share your experience on Glassdoor. Good luck and continued success in all that you do!

"Not Ideal"

Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Las Vegas, NM

I have been working at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Discounts to shows, Hours are available to work

Cons

Break times are not given, the owner thinks everyone is trying to steal from him. He has cameras and mics everywhere. Seriously, the managers pull us into the parking garage to talk so we aren't being recorded. Gossip and throwing co workers under the bus for "breaking rules" is encouraged.

Advice to Management

Your box office staff is so tight knit because we have created a bond from fear of losing our jobs. Management needs a serious re-evaluation on not only how to manage its employees, but how to run a business ethically.

David Saxe Productions2018-09-10

October 1, 2018Director of Business Development

Thank you for the feedback. We encourage you to voice your concerns to Human Resources and feel confident that your grievances will be discussed in a neutral environment. Management is always looking for opportunities to enhance the company culture. We want our team members ...

"Run! Slave labor"

I worked at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is on time and mostly correct.

Cons

100% micro managed with video and audio. Yes , all conversations are recorded . senority is based on months very few people been around more than a year. You get used and discarded. No loyalty to employees. Very Anti Union.

Advice to Management

None, advise is only ignored. Unless you're cute with c+cups you're disposable .

David Saxe Productions2018-08-29

"Run"

I worked at David Saxe Productions full-time

Pros

Great people with lots of potential who deserve better

Cons

Pay is based on certain group. If by nature you don't look the part your pay is on the lower scale

Advice to Management

Do what you can to build your esteem. Your talent will be appreciated in a non toxic environment

David Saxe Productions2018-08-04

August 6, 2018Director of Business Development

Thanks for your feedback. Salary and hourly wages at DSP are based on experience, education, position and skill set commensurate with industry standards.

"There are better options"

I have been working at David Saxe Productions

Pros

A paycheck and occasionally the company provides snacks. Benefits are ok as long as you don't have dependents.

Cons

Drama that is perpetuated by the owner himself. Employees are encouraged to blame each other for problems instead of problem-solving. Good luck getting paid what you are worth because that will never happen. Many employees are doing the work of 2 to 4 people and see no additional pay for it. The company has this belief that they do not need to hire someone to replace employees that have or are leaving the company because...

Advice to Management

If you are going to require an employee to do the work of 2 to 4 people be willing to negotiate pay to match the output. Listen to your employees’ concerns. Stop encouraging discord among employees.

David Saxe Productions2018-08-19

October 1, 2018Director of Business Development

David Saxe Productions prides itself on recruiting educated, experienced people to join the company. As mentioned, hourly wages and salaries are based on the position, education, experience and are commensurate with standard industry rates. Thanks for the feedback!

"Left company... missed it...came back!"

I have been working at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Owner keeps up with latest technology/equipment and makes sure we have everything we need to complete our work. Managers are receptive to new ideas. ( You'll at lest be heard even if they decide to go in another direction.) Co-works are cool, fun company culture, creativity is encouraged.

Cons

Sometimes the work load gets pretty heavy. You have to work really fast to keep up and feel rushed.

Advice to Management

Hire a few more people to help out with the smaller projects so the larger projects get done faster.

David Saxe Productions2018-06-18
  10. "Great Coworkers - Cool Owner - NEVER Boring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at David Saxe Productions full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Company owner wanted to create a fun, hip atmosphere for all of us and totally gutted and redesigned a massive studio/corporate center right off of the 215. Always healthy (and not so healthy) snacks when you get there in the morning and throughout break times during the day. Music is always pumping through the office and it makes the day go by faster. Always something to do and the managers encourage everyone to work...

Cons

No matter where you work there will always be complainers on staff and people who can't be pleased, but that's a personality problem not a workplace problem. Just gotta live with it.

Advice to Management

The company is growing fast, it would be great to pick up the pace hiring new staff.

David Saxe Productions2018-06-14