Cover image for David Weekley Homes

87% Recommend to a Friend
95% Approve of CEO

Found 371 of over 385 reviews

4.5
David Weekley Homes CEO John Johnson (no image)
John Johnson

What people are saying about David Weekley Homes

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "(This is probably mostly only true in the DFW market than anywhere else in the company due to the poor management in this area)(in 16 reviews)
  • "Working weekends in Sales and low pay.(in 13 reviews)
  • "The project managers always side with the homeowners which leads to no credibility and the present homeowners always inform future homeowners that all they have to do is send a bad surveyor go above the staff directly to project managers.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Work life balance difficult at times(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of David Weekley Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

First time I've ever felt my employer put me ahead of the job.

Nov 19, 2022 - Construction Superintendent in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is one that fosters growth and success. I've been overwhelmed with support and even when things get tough there's always been a friendly hand to help.

Cons

Nothing negative comes to my mind.

Career Consultant

Team Member satisfaction is a part of Our Vision. We are pleased to learn you are enjoying your career with us and appreciate your feedback.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Nov 14, 2022 - Real Estate Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

401K match up to 8% Company stock after 2 years of full time employment medical, dental, vision Paid holidays

Cons

Salary dropped from $50K to 35K second year there. Favoritism demonstrated vs. proven sales Lots of mistakes during construction that sales team had to cover for

Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your candid feedback will be shared with the People Department.

3. Join the David Weekley Homes team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Great Team!

Nov 10, 2022 - Construction Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team Member first! Loved the benefit packages and the environment in which they developed

Cons

Work hard and play hard

Career Consultant

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Team Member benefits at David Weekley Homes. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

5. 5.0

Lead Warranty Manager

Nov 2, 2022 - Warranty Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very family oriented and they genuinely care about you as a person!

Cons

I’ve been very happy since hire.

Career Consultant

We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your tenure with us at David Weekley Homes.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

GREAT Company

Nov 10, 2022 - Internet Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, wonderful leadership, competitive salary

Cons

In the 9 years I worked for them I really couldn't find any true cons

Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your tenure.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent place to work

Nov 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Profit share, some great team members

Cons

Questionable decisions made by management, terrible handling of the covid situation and work from home, managers not listening to the team members they manage, very little diversity among the higher ups

Career Consultant

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a candid review.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

it was okay

Oct 24, 2022 - In Home Caregiver in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

was pretty fun working there at times

Cons

didn't enjoy the freedom of having my own space at times

Career Consultant

Thank you for your feedback.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great work environment

Oct 7, 2022 - Construction Management Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

David Weekley is passionate about pouring into its new employees. You will never feel dumb about asking questions or making mistakes in a new position. They teach you and want to see you learn and grow. Everyone was very nice and engaging, I never felt put off in the slightest.

Cons

None. My experience at Weekley was great for growth in construction management but also in how to effectively lead and treat people.

Career Consultant

Team Members at David Weekley Homes are the reason for our success, and we appreciate your positive review of your tenure with us.

10. 5.0

Awesome opportunity

Oct 3, 2022 - Builder in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work is rewarded and opportunity is available.

Cons

Some Bonuses are based off customer service

Career Consultant

We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. We will share your comments with the People Department.

11. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Corp Machine disguised as "Family Business"

Nov 5, 2022 - Builder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule Great Co-Workers Volunteer Opportunites

Cons

The phrase "Buyer Beware" for potential candidates is a HUGE understatement. I'll start with salary. DW is known throughout the industry for paying 15-30% less than other home builders. During the interview process I wanted to specifically address salary & every time I hit a brick wall. The individual I interviewed with would default to my "overall compensation" and gave me a horse and pony show about "potential" earnings or talk about all the other non-salary benefits. Needless to say, I was lured in by the "potential" to earn more and it bit me. If you're about to accept an offer pin down a salary that you can live off of or DO NOT accept their offer. Next, I'll discuss the interview process. Have you ever tried to enter Fort Knox? Neither have I but I'm pretty sure it would be easier than the interview process at DW. You'll be required to take multiple personality, cognitive, and critical thinking tests. Once passed you'll discuss results and move on in the process. If you have a partner they'll want to interview them, yes that's right, DW brings your partner in for an interview. The total interview process has been reported to take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to 3-4 months. Again, buyer beware if you're in a pitch for work. The next, and in my opinion, the BIGGEST surprise (not in a good way) is the culture at DW. As the title suggests DW maintains a very conservative, Christian, family-centered culture...on the outside. However, underneath the hood it is a cold-blooded corp machine that cares about two things; keeping the top happy and the bottom line fat. They'll lead you to the Kool-Aid during the interview process and if you're not willing to drink or have questions, comments, or concerns then you're a marked man. If you can become a mindless zealot and ask how high when told to jump then climb aboard the DW train(wreck). The last area I'll mention that has turned into a malignant growth for DW is their mid-level managers. Unfortunately, the only way to experience someone's management style is to be managed by them. I'm a fairly trusting person but have had enough professional/life experience to know when I can't trust my manager's ability & skills. DW is notorious for looking the other way at POOR management. In our group the gossip mill always had fresh news of how poorly things were being handled by our manager. Everything from concerns we had with the city, to no communication about what is going on in our community, to dealing with home buyer issues WAY above our pay grade were everyday occurrences. These cons are a VERY limited example of why a job offer with DW should be second-guessed. Do your due diligence and if you find the fit is perfect...maybe, just maybe it will work out.

Career Consultant

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 371 Reviews
</>Embed

David Weekley Homes Reviews FAQs

David Weekley Homes has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 385 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at David Weekley Homes to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, David Weekley Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at David Weekley Homes. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

87% of David Weekley Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated David Weekley Homes 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at David Weekley Homes to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with David Weekley Homes Job Seekers