Found 3,072 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It used to be the people were great but with all the people resigning from the corporate office that is no longer the case." (in 150 reviews)
- "This is a fun and loving place to work and the coworkers are great too." (in 115 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and definitely not boring" (in 83 reviews)
- "Great staff to work with" (in 75 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and coworkers" (in 55 reviews)
- "Easy fix is to hire more but the pay is low for such a specialized skill" (in 210 reviews)
- "Poor management (went through 2 in the few months I was there) and treated employees like children." (in 190 reviews)
- "And you do not make commission if you don’t sell at least 150$ an hour every hour you’re there." (in 169 reviews)
- "It’s not even one store’s issues when the regional director is in on everything the managers do" (in 107 reviews)
- "No training throws you into stuff in front of customers which makes you look stupid." (in 61 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of David's Bridal and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Jul 19, 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
I had an amazing team at my store and it was amazing to help people find dresses for events they dreamed about their whole lives! As a full time employee, the amount of wellness days you accrued was fantastic too. I was never bored at work and there was always something to do, the job also taught me a lot about management. My fellow managers were great and we helped support each other through stressful times
You were expected to simultaneously do three people’s jobs at once. There was no limit to how many appointments could be made and you had to accommodate way too many people at once. The customers could be absolutely volatile at times and it was incredibly mentally taxing especially in management, I felt like I could never leave work at times even on my days off. If we were well staffed I would say I was paid okay, but since I had to be a manager, stylist, and csr all at once, I feel like I wasn’t compensated properly. You also had to work holidays like Fourth of July and Memorial Day which sort of sucked at times too. Training was also very poor, if I didn’t know how to do something I was asked to reach out to another store.4
David's Bridal Reviews FAQs
David's Bridal has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 3,178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at David's Bridal to a friend and 29% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
46% of David's Bridal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated David's Bridal 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.