Cover image for David's Bridal

Found 3,072 of over 3K reviews

3.3
David's Bridal CEO  James Marcum
James Marcum

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "It used to be the people were great but with all the people resigning from the corporate office that is no longer the case.(in 150 reviews)
  • "This is a fun and loving place to work and the coworkers are great too.(in 115 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and definitely not boring(in 83 reviews)
  • "Great staff to work with(in 75 reviews)
  • "Fun work environment and coworkers(in 55 reviews)
Cons
  • "Easy fix is to hire more but the pay is low for such a specialized skill(in 210 reviews)
  • "Poor management (went through 2 in the few months I was there) and treated employees like children.(in 190 reviews)
  • "And you do not make commission if you don’t sell at least 150$ an hour every hour you’re there.(in 169 reviews)
  • "It’s not even one store’s issues when the regional director is in on everything the managers do(in 107 reviews)
  • "No training throws you into stuff in front of customers which makes you look stupid.(in 61 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of David's Bridal and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Sep 20, 2023
      Stylist
      Current Employee
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was incredibly and super Friendly

Cons

I have absolutely no problems. None

1. 3.0
        Jul 19, 2023
        Assistant Manager
        Former Employee, more than 1 year
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

I had an amazing team at my store and it was amazing to help people find dresses for events they dreamed about their whole lives! As a full time employee, the amount of wellness days you accrued was fantastic too. I was never bored at work and there was always something to do, the job also taught me a lot about management. My fellow managers were great and we helped support each other through stressful times

Cons

You were expected to simultaneously do three people’s jobs at once. There was no limit to how many appointments could be made and you had to accommodate way too many people at once. The customers could be absolutely volatile at times and it was incredibly mentally taxing especially in management, I felt like I could never leave work at times even on my days off. If we were well staffed I would say I was paid okay, but since I had to be a manager, stylist, and csr all at once, I feel like I wasn’t compensated properly. You also had to work holidays like Fourth of July and Memorial Day which sort of sucked at times too. Training was also very poor, if I didn’t know how to do something I was asked to reach out to another store.

2. Join the David's Bridal team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,072 Reviews
      </>Embed

David's Bridal Reviews FAQs

David's Bridal has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 3,178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at David's Bridal to a friend and 29% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, David's Bridal employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at David's Bridal. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

46% of David's Bridal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated David's Bridal 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at David's Bridal to be workplace, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with David's Bridal Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

191.9K

Patient Care Coordinator

I have an interview in a few days for HR Assistant at a home care agency. Any tips or advice on what they would ask me? (no experience btw)

2 Comments

EMT

Hi everyone, I’m nearing the end of the hiring process with two jobs and I’ve received an offer from one. I’ve been trying to hold out for the other one but at this point, I need to accept an offer if I have it. Any advice on how to professionally reach out one last time to try and get answers on the status of a hiring decision?

5 Comments

Melissa Magri

Hello everyone!!! After your first phone call with the ICON recruiter, how long did you wait for feedback? I hope my interview went well.... thanks!!

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 3,178 David's Bridal reviews submitted anonymously by David's Bridal employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if David's Bridal is right for you.