David's Bridal 847 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul S. Pressler

Pros
Cons
  • Part time is available but not full time unless you're the manager (in 50 reviews)

• No full time opportunities unless you are management which isn't easy to achieve due to the lack of openings (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Athens, GA

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at David's Bridal. The environment is always positive and who doesn't love helping a bride find her perfect dress. Hours are flexible. Managers are amazing. I really feel like I am growing at David's.

Cons

Part-time jobs depend on how many other CSRs there are so hours vary week to week. I wish I worked more.

Advice to Management

Continue to love what you do and encourage your employees to strive to be the best.

Feb 24, 2017 – Sr. Director, Field Human Resources

Wow! Thank you for your feedback, and we are so glad to hear you share your joy with us! We are particularly proud to hear that you feel you are growing at David’s - last year we promoted 65% of our ... More

2. "Good job"

I worked at David's Bridal part-time

Pros

Discounts on dresses, rewarding, easy to open/close

Cons

Make lots of calls, bridesmaids are rarely excited to be there, just a min wage job

3. "Fun Atmosphere!"

Former Employee - Stylist
    Former Employee - Stylist

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working with our team and helping brides! It was really fun and our management was amazing.

Cons

Commission could be unreliable and it was hard to balance paychecks.

5. "Friendly store with a nice atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone brings food in on Saturdays so that's nice since the day is so busy.
    25% discount

Cons

Sometimes stressful with brides and their families
    People don't always seem to understand you have more than one bride

Feb 22, 2017 – Sr. Director, Field Human Resources

We agree that balancing two brides as once can be challenging at times, but we find it rewarding work as we help empower every woman to stay true to her dreams. Thank you for the feedback on the ... More

6. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunset Hills, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunset Hills, MO

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time

Pros

When you step in through the doors you become part of the family. The energy around you is exciting to be able to help others find the perfect dress

Cons

The hours are part time.

Feb 22, 2017 – Sr. Director, Field Human Resources

We are so excited that you are enjoying your role in helping her find the dress of her dreams. We agree that it is important to inspire her to be her own bride! Our goal is to empower every woman to ... More

7. "Suggestions for improvement & better sales"

Pros

David's bridal has many pros. Helping a client find the perfect wedding or special occasion dress is a lot of fun and is personally rewarding! Sharing in their special moment is both emotional and uplifting. Usually busy and the day goes by quickly!

Cons

The training is non existent. Hours of reading and watching videos on an iPad is not real training. Apparently, they don't mind that the majority of their sales team is inept and unprepared. If the company actually had a professional trainer to educate the new associates, sales would improve dramatically and so would customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Read the above information and hire professional trainers! Educate your associates! Both veterans and new employees need basic training. Smile, greet customers, be polite, use suggestive selling, diplomacy, and the correct language when describing products and services. Pick a store, try using a professional trainer and see the difference! Sales and customer satisfaction would go through the roof! Your welcome!

8. "Okay Job, If You're Okay With Little Hours and Pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping brides find that perfect dress. A great job if you don't want many hours and not worried about marking a lot of money.

Cons

Pay
    Hours
    Management
    Only Part-Time (Management Is Only Full-Time)
    Under Staffed
    This is not a job that you will get many hours at. You make above minimum wage, but worth the little hours, not very helpful.

9. "Entertaining and challenging work, low pay"

Former Employee - Stylist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Stylist in Reno, NV

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is rewarding and it's a great position for a beginner in sales which will boost your resume. The discount is great, my manager was extremely helpful and hardworking and the environment was upbeat and positive.

Cons

Hours are inconsistent and we're cut deeply which is why I left. The pay was low and commission goals were extremely difficult to meet especially with a long slow season in bridal.

Advice to Management

Make sure to support your staff and train thoroughly. Having my manager's support was extremely helpful and contributed greatly to my success

Feb 13, 2017 – Sr. Director, Field Human Resources

We agree that the work is rewarding as we help empower her dreams to come true. We are continuing to update and streamline our digital learning platform, and we have received great feedback from our ... More

"My Work Experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was great! Everyone could improve in their own way, but for the most part, teamwork ALWAYS made the dream work!

Co-workers we AMAZING!!! I absolutely loved each and every one of them!! ❤

There were multiple opportunities to voice opinions, share ways to make business and customer service better, and work schedules were flexible.

Cons

Floor layout and store location were terrible. I believe that business could be waayyy better if the location and staging of the store were improved.

Pay rate is totally unacceptable. For the amount of work that goes into each position (especially CSR), pay rates MUST go up in order to improve employee retention and morale.

Everyone needs to be on one accord. If the head is not right, the body cannot function properly. Maybe management should have more training (Start at the very top).

Advice to Management

My advice would be to create a better training plan for all employees. There should be more time to shadow in all departments as well as learning correct verbiage to use with customers.

Before your customers, comes your employees. Make sure that your employees are well taken care of. If your employees are treated right, your customers will be treat right.

Always keep the mindset of a student. Be willing to learn, regardless of your position.

Finally, be sure to check your own attitudes. Customer service can be difficult, but it's much easier when you greet someone with a smile.

Feb 13, 2017 – Sr. Director, Field Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and advice, and we agree that our Team Members make all the difference with our customers. We have been investing in our digital learning platform for the past two years ... More

11. "Sales Store Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at David's Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun, different day to day, fast-paced

Cons

Clique-y, lack of communication, lack of training

Feb 13, 2017 – Sr. Director, Field Human Resources

We agree that one of the best things about working in retail is that every day is fun, fast-paced and different, and especially at David’s Bridal as we empower every woman to stay true to her dream ... More