Davidson Hospitality Group Reviews
76% would recommend to a friend
(237 total reviews)
John A. Belden
88% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Company is committed to your growth and provides good benefits." (in 19 reviews)
- "Great work environment." (in 9 reviews)
- "Great people to work for" (in 9 reviews)
- "Management is not micromanaging and pay is competitive for the work" (in 8 reviews)
- "My last General Manager was the absolute epitome of a balanced professional, a true leader." (in 6 reviews)
- "The cons consisted of poor management." (in 15 reviews)
- "Leadership team has no work/life balance" (in 9 reviews)
- "If you have any opinion or you are upset and open you mouth, upper management goes 0 to 100 fast and wants you gone." (in 8 reviews)
- "Long hours so no life outside of work" (in 7 reviews)
- "Once you are hired that will expect you to do three and al four positions on your own with no training." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Davidson Hospitality Group and is not affected by filters.
Found 237 of over 243 reviews
Updated Nov 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
Really great culture and lots of leaders who genuinely care about others and their growth. Good pay compared to other companies. Advancement opportunities on property and with the corporate office.
Grew very quickly over the past few years and there are growing pains there.
- 1.0Jun 27, 2023Front Desk AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The cons override the pros
I quit voluntarily due to scheduling difficulties but management was still rude. Rude about their non working timeclock, rude about my quitting even on a positive note. Then a month later, I get this email that I have to clear it through management if I ever want to stay at their hotel again. Hmmm, egotistical much?? I said, don't flatter yourself, I'm not interested, stop harassing me.
- 4.0Nov 4, 2023Front Desk AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
Company is committed to your growth and provides good benefits.
You may have to wait for opportunities to open to receive promotion.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Expectations are set, great culture, open communication
It's hospitality - lots of different personalities and high demand of guests
- 5.0Oct 18, 2023Reservations AgentFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsGaithersburg, MD
Great team, training, discounts for employees on rooms and events
HR was difficult to deal with sometimes
- 5.0Oct 6, 2023Regional vice President of hotel financeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsAtlanta, GA
Growing company with a family or team management approach
Privately held company so no stock options.
- 2.0Oct 6, 2023Executive ChefFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
Benefits, Company Portfolio, Salary is somewhat competitive
Zero support for local leadership meaning that they immediately take a line level stance.1
Davidson Hospitality Group Reviews FAQs
Davidson Hospitality Group has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 243 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Davidson Hospitality Group to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.
76% of Davidson Hospitality Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Davidson Hospitality Group 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.