Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Davidson Hotels & Resorts President and CEO John A. Belden
John A. Belden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Davidson has good benifits, this company cares and ensures that all team members are taken care of (in 8 reviews)

• Long term employees, positive work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Always open never closed, hence no work / life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Poor organization, low wages, long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Davidson Hotel & Resorts for more than 5 years. Over this time I have advanced my career with the assistance of my Managers and Directors. Davidson encourages personal growth and provides a since of camaraderie among their employees. I am very proud to work for this company.

Cons

I have no cons to share. I have been very happy to be a part of Davidson from the beginning.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job! Please continue to encourage growth among our team members.

2. "The best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many great things about working for Davidson.... the people, the work/life balance, the partners, customers, summer flex hours and the gorgeous view from our office. The office atmosphere is relaxed and everyone genuinely likes each other. I have never experienced any "office politics" or animosity during my time here. Another big Pro is the longevity of Davidson's employees and executives. Most people have been here many years and that speaks volumes for a company.

Cons

It is truly difficult to find a "con"... the only one that comes to mind is my long commute. It typically takes 1-2 hours to drive 20 miles.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Your support and encouragement does not go unnoticed. It's rare to find a company that truly puts its employees first. Oh, and Flex Fridays during the holidays (from Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve) would be a nice option too.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Dec 9, 2013 – Director of Recruiting

Thank You For Your Comments; You play an important part in helping define the way quality hospitality is delivered to our guest, our clients, our partners and to each other. To us, hospitality is... More

3. "Practically Perfect in Every Way!"

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Davidson management always has my back and truly cares about me and my family. It means a great deal to know that your any concerns that you have will be heard and that your priorities with your family are respected. I am very lucky to be a part of the Davidson family!

Cons

I would like to have more training for career advancement.

4. "Great company! Growth, opportunity & family balance were important to me and this company provided it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong internal controls. Competent senior management. Good diversity in line level staff.

Cons

A little outdated in operational policy review. Needs more diversity in upper level management.

Advice to Management

Rely on younger talent to help keep the company young and up to date. Innovation and efficiency is growth.

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company takes really good care of their people, and the benefits are awesome including 401k match and hotel room discounts. Lots of opportunity for growth and development since they manage hotels across the U.S.

Cons

A little paper heavy but the company is definately making strides to offer recent technologies that will streamline many of these processes.

6. "Passionate and dedicated people, great teamwork, knowledge and vision"

Current Employee - Corporate Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great, senior leadership has high standards and expectations, and they treat everyone like family. The company has a long history of success and has hired high-performing team members.

Cons

I'm hoping for some international opportunities in the future and some new brands to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay with the stated plan - careful, targeted growth with high quality hotels.

7. "It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for."

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership is firm but fair, work life balance is good, and I work with some of the brightest in the business.

Cons

More opportunites for advancement past the Regional level.

Advice to Management

Don't change our culture or values. We will continue to raise to the challenge of the markets and owners.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow if you are flexible and willing to move.

Cons

Need better training program.

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees and they will satisfy guests.

9. "Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a great company to work for and to work with."

Current Employee - Steering Team Member in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Steering Team Member in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Forward thinking, concerned about taking care of the Guest, the Team Members and the Owners. Leader in their markets. Pin-point focus on full service hotel and F&B focus. It a family of hotel people... all the way up to the corporate level.

Cons

The Owners could sale a property and the new Owners may not choice Davidson. Sometimes the new owners do choose Davidson but sometimes we have to say good bye to a good property and the team members that work there and cannot relocate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Best place/ company to work for"

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Newport, RI
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Newport, RI

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started working here and every single team member has made me feel so welcomed! It's great to work for a company that appreciates it's employees. I love how the managers will point out when you are doing a good job and they recognize hard work. Also if you are not quite sure on how to do something the managers will teach you .

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS.
    This is the best place to work for I love what I do!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It feels great to work for someone who appreciates what you do! This job has given me a change of heart and I now wish to go back to school for buisness/ hospitality