Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Davidson has good benifits, this company cares and ensures that all team members are taken care of (in 8 reviews)

• Long term employees, positive work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Then you are held accountable for things that you may or may not know based on convienance of upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Poor organization, low wages, long hours (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Front Office in Benton, AR
    Former Employee - Front Office in Benton, AR

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate and brand discounts are amazing

Cons

24/7 business even in bad weather and sickness

Advice to Management

if you cannot serve you cannot lead

"Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in DC Ranch, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in DC Ranch, AZ

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have their heart in the right place. While they don't train you, they do give you opportunity to fail and succeed.

Cons

Pay is really bad, almost impossible to make your year end bonus since it is tied to bottom line revenues, which a sales manager has no control over. Quarterly bonuses are almost as bad.

Advice to Management

Rewrite your bonus system, train you people. You have a great core.

3. "An incredible company"

Former Employee - Director of Revenue Management in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Director of Revenue Management in Birmingham, AL

Pros

I had the privilege of working for Davidson Hotels & Resorts as a Director of Revenue Management for close to 9 years at 4 different properties.

Davidson guided me from a very inexperienced Director of Revenue to a strategic force to be reckoned with in all the markets I worked in. They gave me the freedom to develop my strengths and focused on improving my weaknesses. Davidson is an absolute top notch company with a sound and strategic vision. Through patience and market foresight, they have dramatically improved their portfolio while not sacrificing what made them successful in the first place.

They allow properties to grow into strong performers, while giving macro-level guidance to GMs and Directors as opposed to micro-managing the entire hotel. They promote teamwork, strategic risk, employee relations, and profitability in a manner that strengthens assets. I always had the tools I needed to make my property a success.

My time with Davidson has been a magical experience. Though my career took me to a different company, I will always be thankful and appreciative for the investment they made in me.

Benefits were top notch, and the folks at the corporate level were always ready to help the hotel and make it better.

Cons

When I first started, Davidson had an absurd amount of paperwork, which has steadily gone down over the years. Davidson seems to be modernizing more and more every day.

Advice to Management

Keep the vision going!

"Davidson Hotel work at the Sheraton Iowa city"

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good food sometimes, get to eat on the job, cool employees, meet interesting people. Bartenders make so much money.

Cons

Late shifts, irregular hours, some customers suck, pay was low for the intensive work

Advice to Management

Keep your employees moral higher and treat them right. Their work is vital so treat them as such.

"Housekeeping Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

None, none, none, none, none. Five word minimum

Cons

Upper management is obsessed with numbers. Have to submit payroll every day. No support. HR is a nightmare. Zero respect for line employees. If you're in operations plan on working every weekend.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and hope pray you're not to deep in the red.

"Profit minded"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great learning company. There is opportunity to get in without much knowledge of the industry. A lot of young professionals

Cons

There is no real leadership on the property level. The company is more interested in owner profits than it is in its employees or guests. They'll risk customer satisfaction to cut costs without apology. Consistently act on compliance issues only when being audited and this on a company level, not just property level.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and they will take better care of your clients. Stop putting profit margin over the maintenance of your properties. And hire, and maintain, people who care about your customers.

Feb 10, 2016 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns regarding your employment at our hotel. I agree with you, we are a great learning company. We strive to ensure our Team Members are set up for success ... More

"Gen. Mgr"

Former Employee - Gen Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Gen Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good IT system for reporting

Cons

Absolute worst senior management in the industry. Closed old boys network. No room for advancement. Cut costs at expense of guests, employees and the physical property.

Advice to Management

Stop the nepotism. Stop pretending to be an employee focused company when in reality you are slave traders.

Feb 10, 2016 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback but since this is not a hotel operated by Davidson we believe this review was incorrectly put on our page. We have not been responsible for a hotel in this market for ... More

"INSTITUTIONAL LEADERSHIP ABSENCE"

Current Employee - FLORIDA in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - FLORIDA in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits , the medical insurance and ....

Cons

No leadership from the management, friendship with the superiors better than work quality or
    respect for the institution values.Discrimination is a very well dissimulated constant.Waldorf
    Astoria's requested standards from the employees with not material elements and less salary than McDo....

Advice to Management

Go back to believe that the human resource, is the biggest asset of the hospitality business, even the customer knows that and has the perception that the corporation does not believe it.

Dec 15, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your employment experience. As you know we conduct a Team Member Opinion Survey annually. That survey helps us to understand what we are doing ... More

"Staff Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Memphis, TN

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and a good working environment. Everybody is ready to help with any issues. Work life balance is excellent.

Cons

None, great company to work for.

"Awful experience in Princeton NJ"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

not many pros to consider.

Cons

Management was very unprofessional. Created extreme drama. Hotel was not up to par with standards.

Advice to Management

Act professional. Do not treat employees as if they are animals.