Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Reviews

Updated October 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Davidson has good benifits, this company cares and ensures that all team members are taken care of (in 8 reviews)

• Long term employees, positive work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Always open never closed, hence no work / life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Poor organization, low wages, long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "clerk"

Pros

Really good pay for a part time job

Cons

not much of direction in this company

2. "Top Notch Company"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Miami, FL

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At Davidson Hotels and Resorts, they recruit, train and equip Leaders to be Leaders!
    They promote from within when its possible. They concentrate not only on the customer, but also the team member and whats best overall. They understand the Value of creating momentum instead of micro-management. Their corporate VP's and Division Heads are truly the Best in the Business. My last General Manager was the absolute epitome of a balanced professional, a true leader.

Cons

I really cannot list any cons

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your company in the same fashion that has made Davidson the Family that it is.

"What a shame....."

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Good quality of life, work some weekends, flexible schedule.

Cons

This looks like a great company looking from the outside in. The company feels inviting and has many tenured long time employees but it is all who you know. No training at all, I mean nothing, you are literally thrown in the fire with no support and expected to read 400 pages of training documents left on your desk with no explanation, just figure it out. Then you are held accountable for things that you may or may not know based on convienance of upper management. If they like you and you keep your mouth shut and kiss up to the boss then you will have a great career here even if you are terrible at your job. If you have any opinion or you are upset and open you mouth, upper management goes 0 to 100 fast and wants you gone. You can be director of the year and your team can be the best in the whole hotel and well liked amongst the rest of the team but don't speak your mind if you don't want to lose your job, upper management stabs you in the back. One minute you recieve Christmas cards that say I love you from your boss and emails to corporate that you are the leader this hotel is looking for and still get fired just by letting your boss know about how bad the hotel and team really is. Then the lies begin and you become a problem and stories are made up to get you out the door because upper management can't handle the truth that they failed you from the start and just wants you to go away without an exit interview, without your side of the story being told. I believe Davidson is a good company, I saw many folks from other hotels who are happy with great stories to tell about how wonderful this company is. My rating of 1 which should be 0 is for the hotel I left not for the company. I just don't understand how you can be loved one minute and then wanted out the door the for speaking your mind. If you are the boss and you want to be respected as one do not raise your voice first, don't act delusional like everything is perfect, and just listen, especially when one of your valued employees is having a hard time in life. Be a human and dont lie and make up stories to eliminate someone you once thought was great because you are delusional about your hotel and it's employees performance. Do not invent reasons to fire someone because of making emotional decisions not business decisions.

Advice to Management

Really know who you put in charge. The smiles and being perfect all the time is not real and is a false image based on insecurity. Put people in charge that know all aspects of the hotel business who make business decisions not emotional. Do surprise Audits, stop letting hotels know when you come. The upper management just puts on a show and runs around creating lies and creating false stories to tell when corporate or the auditors show up and pencil whipping and falsely creating documents to scam you into believing that the hotel is operating at a high level. If you see you have a management turnover issue at a hotel just know eventually it can not continue to be the manager who leaves, the boss must be held accountable for his or her actions. Corporate HR can not just listen to the bosses side of the story and form an opinion based on emotional statements that are flipped around to sound like whatever the boss wants it too. There is always two sides to a story, investigate your problems.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Dear Sir/Madam:
    Let me first thank you for your candor. Obviously you have great passion for your work and I am sorry that your experience with our Company did not meet your expectations. We are a... More

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Director in South Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Director in South Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts (More than a year)

Pros

They truly let you work and do not micro-manage you from afar.

Cons

As a management company; I didn't have any challenges with them. Bonuses could have been better.

"Lack of control"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Complementary or discounted parking
    Willing to work with you to accommodate your schedule
    Discounted programs
    PTO and Sick days
    401K

Cons

Very expensive insurance
    They offer PTO based on hours worked and provide 3 sick days a year, however, rates per hour are ridiculous. It used to be much better. They didn't have sick days but per hour PTO rate was very generous

Advice to Management

Please be more invested in people that your hire. you have a talent to locate and recruit amazing people, but because you are not willing to invest time and energy into them, they leave pretty quickly

"Salaried employee"

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Smaller Company. Room for growth.

Cons

Bad communication. A lot of manual admin systems. Not strong in resources

Advice to Management

Needs to strengthen company communication and bench positions

7. "Director of Catering & Convention Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Davidson is like a family. They treat you as such. You are not just a number here - from the top executive level, they are invested in your growth and development. They also have fantastic systems and SOP's in place that help facilitate successful business operations. If there was a Davidson managed property in my current city, I would be back with them in a flash!

Cons

I have no cons to report about this company. I always enjoyed working for them at multiple properties. They took over management of my first property and I loved working with them ever since.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management at this time. They have one of the strongest management teams I have worked for!

8. "Revenue Management"

Former Employee - Director, Revenue Management
    Former Employee - Director, Revenue Management

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong support for Revenue Management discipline. Amazing team with a lot of skill and knowledge. Sincere and great people to work with. Strong executive team who were accessible and supportive.

Cons

Heavy reporting expectations that sometimes got in the way of day to day duties. Challenging at times to keep up with so many processes.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stated Values; focus on profits; rewarding loyal employees; promotes from within

Cons

Lack of community commitment by property; communication within and between departments; not enough administrative support staff

Advice to Management

more administrative support staff in accounting, events and sales

"Demanding company"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hardworking, fun environment with feeling of success from happy customer response.

Cons

No balance between personal and work life. The job is your life.