- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- China - All Cities
- - Beijing
- - Beijing, China Area
- - Beijing, Beijing
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Brooklyn, NY
- - Queens Village, NY
- - Floral Park, NY
- - Bronx, NY
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Washington, DC
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Menlo Park, CA
- - Sacramento, CA Area
- - Davis, CA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Uganda - All Cities
- Brazil - All Cities
- - São Paulo
- - Sao Paulo, Brazil Area
- - São Paulo, São Paulo
- Papua New Guinea - All Cities
- - West Sepik
- Hong Kong - All Cities
Found 210 of over 239 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Got a burning question about Davis Polk? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Davis Polk employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The people here so really great and push one another to be the best." (in 38 reviews)
- "Nice and polite colleagues, headline deals" (in 11 reviews)
- "Great company and culture, nothing bad to say." (in 10 reviews)
- "Good benefits" (in 9 reviews)
- "Great training to start legal career; collegial enviornment" (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Davis Polk and is not affected by filters.
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 26, 2023 - Senior Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Smart people and gracious atmosphere.
Operates more like a corporation than previously.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 6, 2023 - Structured Products Analyst in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Work on substantive matters; not just administrative tasks - Gain an understanding of structured products - Gain extensive drafting experience
- the long hours can be tough
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 11, 2023 - AttorneyRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Money. People. Perks. Great Clients.
The hours are long and unpredictable.
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 28, 2022 - Associate in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Well-run firm with pretty good culture (for big law)
Bad hours, perks could be better
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - Associate in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Polite work environment, centralized staffing, no billable requirements.
Long hours, lack of boundaries, etc. The usual big law cons.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - Litigation AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great training, environment, and compensation
Long hours and stressful work
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 10, 2022 - Summer Associate in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice people and nice culture
could not think one, great firm.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 22, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It has some perks and benefits.
Micromanagement is truly a deterrent for admins. DP has become a revolving door because of it.
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 25, 2022 - LawyerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people and interesting work.
Lots of work but that's expected.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Aug 5, 2022 - Senior Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Davis Polk has great management that really tries to balance employee welfare with good and stable internal practices. Combined with a team of talented individuals who willingly collaborate, it's a great place to work.
Typical stuff like shifting priorities and disjoined workflows. However, I don't think these thinks are any fault of Davis Polk or its management.
Davis Polk Reviews FAQs
Davis Polk has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 239 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Davis Polk to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
88% of Davis Polk employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Davis Polk 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.