Davis Vision Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2019

Found 64 reviews

2.6
Steve Holden

"Network Development - Recruiter"

Former Employee - Network Development Specialist- Provider Recruiter in Hayward, CA

I worked at Davis Vision for less than a year

Pros

Great team- I had fun with my co-workers. Independent environment. Free coffee. jeans on Fridays. Good Ins benefits

Cons

Horrible pay- My team only had 4 ppl where the teams behind us had almost 15-20 ppl but we seem to have a heavier work load. No training. our Christmas party was inside the building during work hours so the company is very cheap with their employees. And you receive a 49$ giftcard to Vision works which is their own company as gift instead of any bonus for the end of the year. Its pretty embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Care about your team and listen for problems - the recruiting team seems to get most of the work load in the network development department since the rest of the teams are pretty lazy or are temps who could care less to think about initial problems.

Davis Vision2016-08-26
  2. "Tech"

I worked at Davis Vision

Pros

Nice people, nice work hours, good benefits, people willing to help, easy to talk with. Average salary, long beak time.

Cons

noise environment, over time working, bad management, pay is average. Some work not belong to certain people. no further opportunities.

Davis Vision2016-01-08
  3. "Data entry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Davis Vision for more than a year

Pros

Lots of overtime when I needed it

Cons

Can't move around as much as I would have liked

Davis Vision2015-07-28
  4. "Stable Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Stable Job -Met some great friends here -Opportunity to change your shift every 3 months -Both supervisors I've had are helpful and kind -Decent benefits (vision, medical, dental) -Overtime available at time and a half pay -Had meeting to brainstorm what areas can be improved, this was great however it was before the President left the company so no one knows if/when the topics will be addressed -After the union negotiated...

Cons

-Sometimes frustrating talking to upset members or optical stores -Talking on the phone all day can get tiring -Does get repetitive -I have heard some supervisors are not helpful at all -Training is overwhelming at first but does sink in after awhile -Countless things that should be changed to improve the client experience but seems slow moving to actually change, hoping for the best...

Advice to Management

-Listen to the CSR advice! We are on the phones everyday and we know what can help improve the company. I was happy to hear investments are being made to fix and update the tech, etc, hopefully will see results sooner rather than later.

Davis Vision2015-07-28

"Challenging"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Davis Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management involvement was very supportive

Cons

Company resisted change environment and was very heavily labor intensive.

Davis Vision2014-09-23
  6. "OK"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Latham, NY

I worked at Davis Vision

Pros

job is stable pay benefits are good

Cons

You say the same thing over and over all day

Advice to Management

get on the phone

Davis Vision2011-10-07

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision

Pros

Friendly, Close-knit, cohesive atmosphere, open to new faces and new ideas. Town Hall meetings and open door policies meant open lines of communication.

Cons

Low ball you on salaries, raises are not enough to cover the yearly increase on what are already terribly expensive health benefits. This company is relocating its offices out of state, so be aware that the next year will be very challenging to any new hires. They will be starting from scratch with little to no experienced employees on board. They definitely jumped into the pool before looking to see if there was water...

Advice to Management

You should have properly planned out your relocation plan and been more honest with the employees. You ripped the rug out from so many people, and have continuously rubbed salt into an already open wound. This why so few are trusting you and are not moving across the country to continue working for what once was one of the best companies on LI to work for.

Davis Vision2011-09-20
  8. "Marketing l"

I worked at Davis Vision full-time

Pros

Good company with growth opprtunity but you have to put work in in order to succeed .Conworkeds tend to help when you ask for it

Cons

Sometimes team members are not willing to do assigned work given to them saying its not their job to do it.But overall it is a good company

Advice to Management

Increase salary of workers and the reduce the workload off each employee.People in the call center are not treated the way they should be.

Davis Vision2017-05-30
  9. "Poor Management and Lack of Culture"

Former Employee - Proposal Specialist

I worked at Davis Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Internal team/department was excellent. The workload was steady and not too overwhelming.

Cons

Management did not care for their employees' career path. The culture did not pair right with San Antonio. To advance in the company you needed to enter the company already in an executive position.

Davis Vision2019-01-22

"Numbers, not humans"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Latham, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Vision, Low cost dental.

Cons

- management is poor and a majority is unsupportive - quantity over quality - misinformation due to benefit interpretation - guideline representatives (majority) are rude and don’t teach. They talk down to you.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as people, not a number. Consider the lives people have outside of your company.

Davis Vision2018-09-17