Davis Vision "call center" Reviews | Glassdoor

Davis Vision Employee Reviews about "call center"

Found 62 reviews

2.6
Steve Holden
Pros
  • "There is a good mix of people and pockets of good people(in 4 reviews)

• "people in the call center you meet a lot of new people as well(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "call center"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "This used to be a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Latham, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The company offers a lot of overtime in their Call Center, they offer plenty of paid time off in the form of vacation time, holidays, personal time and sick time, Call Center positions are union positions.

Cons

There is favoritism, not enough time is given off the phone to resolve customer issues and there is too much management turnover, which has resulted in a deteriorating company culture.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth is. You all want to lead by example so show your employees how to handle difficult customers on the phone by letting them listen to calls handled by supervisors instead of just being overly critical and nitpick at everything they say to a customer. Also, focus on quality, instead of quantity. Management does not seem to care about resolving customer issues in an efficient way. All they...

Davis Vision2018-02-14

"Management doesn't bother you unless you do/did something wrong"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II DSU in Latham, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Get to talk to a lot of different people. With 300+ people in the call center you meet a lot of new people as well.

Cons

No help when you need it. Getting time off is a joke, it goes by seniority so if you're new there's no way you're getting time off. You're forced to be in a union which is also a joke because the union reps work for Davis too so they are in the company's pocket and takes the company's aide anyway so it doesn't matter who's right or wrong.

Advice to Management

I'd you're going to have a union don't let them work for the company. I feel it's a conflict of interest.

Davis Vision2017-06-04
  3. "Not great at all"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Latham, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

If you like overtime, it's offered every Saturday. Other than that, there is not many pros with this company.

Cons

We have internal representatives who are also in the call center called "guideline" and these "guideline" representatives are there for us customer service reps when we have a question that we are unsure of or if we need to have an exception made for a member, etc. There's about 10 guideline representatives and about 7 out of the 10 guideline representatives are very rude, you...

Advice to Management

Management doesn't really acknowledge you, again your just a number just like the other 200+ call center reps there.

Davis Vision2017-04-22
  4. "Great management with a bad union problem (Latham)"

Former Employee - Documentation Design/Marketing Analyst in Latham, NY

I worked at Davis Vision

Pros

-Good work atmosphere -Good people -Ability to move up if hard worker but they do weed out under performers -Always expanding due to their Empire Visionworks affiliation

Cons

-Union is strict and unless you are in the call center it will work against you -Call center operations is in the same area as other departments which creates two work atmospheres that are very different

Advice to Management

Continue to expand call center in main office suite while moving other departments to your other locations Push more responsibility to adequate middle management, Directors are incredible at what they do but you can tell they're overworked

Davis Vision2014-12-27