Dawson Marketing Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Dawson Marketing Concepts Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2015

Found 16 reviews

3.5
Dawson Marketing Concepts CEO Vincent Dawson (no image)
Vincent Dawson

"fast paced advancement"

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time

Pros

One of the things i really enjoyed about working for this company was the fact that the ability to advance was solely based on ones work ethic. There is a really friendly work environment and I learned a lot of skills in my time there that can be applied in all areas of life.

Cons

If I had to say one thing it would be the hours. I have always been one that didn't mind putting in the extra hours if the end goal made it worth it though.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. There is a great culture of positive minded people and I think make sure to keep a main focus on keeping the work environment fun

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-10-13

"Corporate Trainer"

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was really happy with the experience and skills I gained while working there. I always knew that I loved working with people, but I didn't really realize how much until this company. This is the first company that I've worked with where not only did I learn great business skills, but it also helped me develop as a person. I know that what I learned while working there is something that can be used in a lot of... different fields, let alone business.

Cons

You don't get a whole lot of personal time, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make because I was looking for a career. I unfortunately had to quit because I had to move back home and take care of my family

Advice to Management

I won a chance to go on a business trip to another office and loved it. I would say more trips like that.

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-09-15

"The opportunity of a lifetime"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Houston, TX

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want a company that you can actually grow and build with, this is your place. The promotion is real and it's yours for the taking, you just have to work for it. Nothing in life is given and nothing in life is easy. This company changed my life in the best ways possible. I learned great team building, marketing and advertising and teaching skills. If I could've stayed with the company and the management... training program for the long run, I would've done it in a heartbeat.

Cons

It's "hard work" compared to sitting behind a desk all day but it's a program that's built for the above average and those who want the most in life -- true entrepreneur's.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing training and atmosphere your office has -- Vincent Dawson was the best mentor I could've ever asked for.

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-08-14

"PROMOTED! Loved every step of the way!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Operations/Corporate Events Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I walked into the doors of Dawson Marketing Concepts straight out of college. Just like any other college student I had little to no sales/marketing experience, and the only management experience I had was from working at my parents business, managing their 6 locations while they'd take small trips here and there. After seeing the success of a family business I wanted to go and make a name for myself. So when I... walked into the doors of Dawson Marketing and sat down with the Director of Operations for an interview I knew this was for me. The moment I stepped in I knew I could surpass anyone because of the NO SENIORITY business. I surpassed those that helped train me. Within a year of working at Dawson Marketing Concepts I now run our Corporate Events Division and am currently training to go work with New and Existing clients to maintain those relationships and bring in new clients. Many people think it's a pyramid scheme and I can talk from the inside and say it is NOT, the company covers all costs and only makes a tiny percentage, while I keep the rest, because I DID THE HARD WORK!

Cons

This company is not for anyone looking for a 9-5 behind the desk job. We are serious about what we do, and if you aren't willing to go through what our VPs, Directors, and even I went through, don't bother applying. Only the best make it through, and only the best will be allowed to represent OUR #1 clients in the city.

Advice to Management

A system is only established for the strong, and it is the strong that will persevere and build growth.

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-08-14

"Great place to work !!!!"

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time

Pros

Are used to work here and my office manager was super fun easy to get along with I always received help when I needed it and everybody was really easy to work with. The company really help me to focus on my goals and help me to build the necessary skills needed to accomplish those goals.

Cons

The hours were longer than I expected but this is the first full-time job I've ever had .

Advice to Management

None. This is was awesome opportunity for me to grow in my career and I don't regret any part of my experience. Thanks again.

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-07-06

"Door to Door"

NONE in Houston, TX

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts

Pros

You learn a bit of marketing

Cons

Door to door selling of services and entertainment coupons in the hot sun on foot. No pay only commission. No money during training.

Advice to Management

None

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-07-29

"Awesome Place to Work"

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time

Pros

You get to learn from experienced business professionals and hone negociation and presentation skills. I loved working with the clients. Met some really impressive folks! Management was always really supportive and the team more like a family.

Cons

I have to leave! Due to personal reasons I am moving out of state.

Advice to Management

Not much advice. Just thank you for the oppurtunity.

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-06-26

"Marketing Representative"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so happy here! Before I was hired I was on the hunt for a job for over two months. I was not getting responses from anyone and there came Dawson. Pros: I really like the work space and my co-workers. Everyone is very professional but still not afraid to laugh. I love the in and out of office style of the job. I do not know about you but I cannot stand to be stuck behind a desk. I also love the freedom... I get with Dawson Marketing. So Happy I was brought on board and even more excited to see where this goes. READY FOR A CAREER!!!!

Cons

My first day I did not take the advise I was given and wore heals...BAD IDEA! I am on my feet quite a bit so comfy shoes is a must. Other than that, there really are no cons with Dawson.

Advice to Management

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-05-27

"Worst experience"

I worked at Dawson Marketing Concepts

Pros

Honestly no pros. To fill this word minimum, I will say that everyone in the office is very friendly!

Cons

This is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen. They lie to get you in the door and make it sound like a fun job when it's really a door to door marketing position. Also, all of the positive reviews are paid for by the company.

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-07-06

"Totally not what I thought it would be."

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dawson Marketing Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hopes of owning your own business. Profit sharing so you keep what you make, no taxes, room for rapid growth in company

Cons

Hard to sell certain promotions. Business to business cold calling. Working conditions are brutal, must walk from door to door in heat, rain or shine. Have to go up to random people and get them to buy what you're selling. No base pay. You don't sell you don't eat.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic

Dawson Marketing Concepts2015-06-26