Dawson Reviews | Glassdoor

Dawson Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2019

Found 18 reviews

3.6
Dawson CEO Chris DeCapua (no image)
Chris DeCapua

"Accounting Clerk jobs through Dawson"

Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid Holidays, job placement, health insurance

Cons

No PTO offered, lack of job security

Advice to Management

Offer PTO and quicker job placement following each assignment/contract completion

Dawson2017-08-16

"Standard 3rd Party Staffing Agency"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Dawson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Will do a lot of events and activities through out the year. -Good place to learn the business if recruiting interests you -Has some earning potential in the more professional divisions. -Will work with some recognizable names in the Columbus area.

Cons

-No growth opportunity as they turn and burn new grads: Upper management is high school friends of the owners and are not going anywhere. -Don't expect to receive W2 on time -No 401k match -Be prepared to report numbers weekly and have an explanation if numbers are down because you will receive emails on where you stand. -It is all about numbers.

Advice to Management

-Hire people with experience in the field instead of friends. -401k Match would go a long way for your employees instead of the 4 different sports cars each owners drives to work throughout the week. -Update your W2 process to get them out sooner.

Dawson2019-03-14

"Support"

I worked at Dawson

Pros

Depending company and very reliable

Cons

The company don't have a good idea

Dawson2018-10-07

"The did their job"

I have been working at Dawson full-time

Pros

Found me a full time job

Cons

Wildly underemployed, underutilized, and forgotten about now that I've been placed.

Advice to Management

Try harder

Dawson2017-12-19

"Most of my experience with Dawson was good; however , I had two instances which I believe shows them to be disreputable"

Former Employee - Research Clerk in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get paid once a week, unless they forget to submit your time. You have the ability to change job assignments.

Cons

They forget to make sure your supervisor sends in the time sheets , so you can't count on being paid on time. If you give them two weeks notice they will use your honesty to get someone else into your position so they will continue getting paid. They only care about the money not the employee.

Advice to Management

Don't be greedy. When you are given solid indisputable proof that a job assignment Is acting illegally, remove your temps. You have an obligation to keep us save. You should look into any assignment that goes through 25 temps in one month

Dawson2017-10-31
  6. "Sales"

Sales in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Dawson for less than a year

Pros

Dawson always has work, in great locations.

Cons

Sometime postions go so fast, first come, first serve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Dawson2017-05-03

Dawson Response

June 21, 2017Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for the positive review!

7. "Incredible culture."

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Dawson full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The people are great (clients, co-workers, contractors) 2. The opportunity for advancement 3. Competitive but fun

Cons

1. Occasional long hour 2. Corporate takes priority over other offices.

Dawson2017-02-23

"Useless"

I worked at Dawson

Pros

Honestly, not sure. If you're desperate, you can find something, I guess.

Cons

They assigned me to a job and then claimed the entire project was cancelled a few days before I was to show up. The website is very rarely updated --- most of the office work has been up for months and they don't seem to have a decent list of actual office positions, just some weird outbound loan call center or remote data entry in a warehouse where you work into 11pm.. I wish I hadn't wasted my time.

Dawson2016-09-01

"Great Experience at Dawson"

Division Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson

Pros

1. The People. Dawson attracts top talent from all walks of life for their corporate team. Have met some of the finest people during my 2+ years at Dawson--have made lifetime friends here. 2. The Workplace. Dawson's corporate offices are unpretentious, fun, and functional. Throughout every week, the company is hosting client firms, charitable organizations, and intra-company events--always a flurry of... activity around the corporate headquarters. If you like quiet solitude, this is not the environment for you. 3. The Perks. The company provides employees with fitness programming (in-house fitness center, exercise classes, locker rooms/showers with towel service); the company sponsors wellness participation; a cafe with all kinds of snacks/soda fountain/coffee bar/etc. Lots of alternative workspaces to camp out and work from (lounge seating, patio, bistro tables) if you want to stretch out and take a respite from your workstation. Company bus to use for mobile job fairs, client events. 4. The Culture: Upbeat tempo; positive environment. Management takes their jobs seriously but not themselves--a pragmatic, "can-do" and enthusiastic leadership team supported by the owners. I never stop learning from my co-workers from the day I started to the day I left--people always willing to pitch in and help whenever needed--very helpful as I was new to the staffing business. Unintimidating and comfortable.

Cons

Having colleagues periodically get hired away by client corporations--ironic that a recruiting firm is fertile ground for their own clients to seek out talent. Flip side is that you still get to work with them, just not in the same building.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Dawson2016-06-08

"Great Culture, Positive People, 70 Years Strong!"

Professional Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Dawson

Pros

Great culture, giving employees the opportunity to volunteer, take part in community events, and is very big on health and fitness! The office provides employees a very nice place to work and we are able to utilize all areas of the office (including an outdoor patio) so that we are not stuck at a desk all day. During my time here, I have been able to work with great clients, great people and management has been very... positive and forward about business initiatives, goals and outlook. The work/life balance is definitely a pro as well!

Cons

A 401K with a match would be really nice and a very good incentive for in-house employees to come on board and stay w/ Dawson for the long-term. Retirement is such a stressful thought even to the average 20-year old, so the 401k is very important in a company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! When you take the time to get to know your employees and sit down and chat with them, it makes a world of a difference! Thanks for making Dawson a great place to work!

Dawson2016-06-01