Daxko Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2020

3.2
Daxko CEO Ron Lamb
Ron Lamb
  1. "Great for development!"

Current Employee - Services in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are the best! Daxko offers some development opportunities for those interested.

Cons

Leadership is invested in immediate profits, not longevity. Awards typically go to managers, not those on the front lines.

Advice to Management

Invest in people and customers, and you'll enjoy long-term success. Pay fair market salaries, and reinstate meaningful benefits (self-directed professional development). The excuse that team members were using the budget poorly is a reflection of management.

Daxko2020-01-05
  2. "Great Place full of amazing people"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Homewood, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for less than a year

Pros

The People, everyone here is bright, warm, and welcoming.

Cons

Company is growing and expanding which brings pains in integrating products and people.

Daxko2019-12-13
  3. "I LOVE my job!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for less than a year

Pros

- free Friday lunch - the culture - it's like one big family - open concept office space, but individual meeting rooms/spaces when you need it - amazing benefits - flexible PTO - able to work from home easily when needed - can wear jeans/tshirts and active wear to work The list goes on and on!

Cons

Can't think of any :)

Daxko2019-11-15
  4. "Great Environment But Low Pay"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible work schedule. Some people start work late in the day and work into the late evening. It really depends on your position and manager. Obviously 8-to-5 jobs like CS are more strict. - Work From Home any time you wish - Unlimited PTO... to a point. Abuse of PTO is frowned upon. - Permanent Remote positions available - Communication handled with remote workers in mind. We use Slack, Email, and Zoom. You can basically text, call, or video conference at a moment's notice with anyone in the company, even on mobile devices. - Great culture where people are eager to help and be involved. - People who excel are rewarded with recognition and money, in the form of announcements during company meetings, instant bonuses, and raises. To be clear, you really need to stand out and do work above what's expected of you if you want bonuses. - Standard company benefits

Cons

- Had to prove myself before I could work from home when I wanted - Highly underpaid based on my experience level and similar jobs in the area - Insurance is good but not great. I pay more for doctors and prescriptions than I did at my old job. - Company is owned by an investment group, so the company is changing. Change in company direction is difficult and affects employee happiness, especially if they are being asked to take a product in a direction they don't agree with. Not really a knock against the leadership, just the situation.

Advice to Management

- We've lost some great engineers lately, and I think the company made a mistake by letting them go. Money talks.

Daxko2019-11-06

"Good not Great"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Daxko full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture and Benefits.

Cons

Commission Plans, Team Leadership, Limited Opportunity for promotion

Daxko2019-10-09

"Unnecessary Hierarchy"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Daxko full-time

Pros

Free lunch, unlimited PTO, okay 401K Plan

Cons

Current leadership is all about hierarchy and rank. If you haven't been promoted, your opinion doesn't matter. Daxko runs the risk of becoming obsolete. As our industry changes, they have not been willing to adapt to stay relevant in terms of internal structure. They have begun throwing around meaningless, undeserved promotions. At Daxko, those who can do. Those who can't are promoted.

Advice to Management

Get rid of rank.

Daxko2019-09-11

"Cultural Crisis"

I have been working at Daxko full-time

Pros

unlimited PTO (up to 15 days, then it becomes monitored)

Cons

This company is in a cultural crisis. People are dropping like flies. They hold AMA sessions to give the appearance of transparency, but they condemn any questions that even slightly rock the boat. Rather than viewing these sessions as a chance to hold themselves accountable, the leaders take everything personally. They go to all means necessary to coerce our silent, obedient consent. I was so disheartened at the last AMA when human resources referred to questions about gender pay gap within the company as being a “waste of time.” When your senior leaders and human resources are making comments like this, you know it’s a problem. A lawsuit is likely imminent.

Daxko2019-08-24

"Delusional"

I have been working at Daxko full-time

Pros

Friendly peers, cheap healthcare, free lunch Friday

Cons

Which delusional person is writing these snobby, dishonest, poorly-written Glassdoor review responses? Let me clarify some of the dishonest responses that I've seen to these Glassdoor reviews, Daxko has stated that there have been large sums of money paid in bonuses and extra earning opportunities this year. The majority of these bonuses are for employee referral bonus. We are encouraged to refer out friends for jobs at Daxko. These referral bonuses are paid out over the course of multiple years, so the numbers are always inflated. Also, the amount paid in referral bonuses is not worth the negative impact it would have on any friendship. Quick tip: if someone has referred you work at Daxko, you may want to consider whether that person actually considers you a friend or an enemy. We are continually told that we have unlimited earning potential because of this referral bonus if we choose to refer candidates, but we are not your recruiting staff. Our regular Daxko jobs consume more than 40 hours a week as it is. I wanted to write this review to clarify the misleading information written in the Glassdoor responses. Anyone considering coming to Daxko, I encourage you to read the negative reviews written over the last 6 months. It is widely known throughout the company that the five star reviews are completely falsified.

Advice to Management

None. You don't care.

Daxko2019-08-16

"Striving for Average"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is very relaxed but laser focused. Everyone works well together and there is a definite sense of community in all of the offices. Plenty of room for growth if you're an ambitious person.

Cons

Far too often, Daxko Senior Leadership likes to compare itself to the average company or competitor as an excuse for taking away a benefit, changing culture or not working to keep tenured employees. Be prepared for less than average pay and promotions that don't come with much of a raise.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be average. You want to hire the best people you have to be the best in your industry.

Daxko2019-08-09

"The Emperor Has No Clothes"

I have been working at Daxko full-time

Pros

Affordable healthcare, somewhat flexible PTO and friendly co-workers. These are the main things keeping any decent talent at Daxko.

Cons

The new CEO has a child-like ego that cannot handle criticism, so he has surrounded himself with yes-men and women. The general corporate philosophies and antiquated policies enacted under him make me question the quality of education coming out of Princeton University. These policies are creating a culture of Haves and Havenots. Leadership team and HR have become puppets that cannot think for themselves. Typical corporate politics have begun to set it.

Advice to Management

Mutiny.

Daxko2019-08-07