DayNine Consulting Associate Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

DayNine Consulting CEO Tim Ramos
Tim Ramos

"Great place to work!"

Associate Financial Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Company management is very approachable and sincerely care about the employee's welfare and growth. Excellent corporate culture. Company policies are some of the best in the industry. Recruiting does a great job at establishing a knowledgable, helpful, and eager team.

Cons

Salary ranges are a bit less than industry average. But other than that, no major cons. If there are any issues that employees face, management has an open door policy to discuss said issues and resolve it right away.

Advice to Management

No major changes are required. If anything, salaries could be escalated to meet average expectations. But overall, management is doing a great job making Daynine a wonderful company to work for.

DayNine Consulting2016-09-12

"Company Formerly Full of Great People Mismanaged"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started with D9 in 2013, it was a company full of talented people hoping to expand. There are several people you can learn a lot from, and most people were very friendly and willing to help.

Cons

The company touts transparency, while doing everything behind employee's back. No one in management knows how to stand up to clients, even when they are completely in the wrong, and would rather let their employees suffer because of it with late nights and weekends. In fact, I was told by project leads that late nights WERE the expectation. There is little work-life balance while working with D9. Employees are... always drowning in work and no one is ever willing to bring in additional resources to get relief from nights up past midnight. Beware of criticizing the company, I've heard the same story from many employees, while receiving great reviews during the performance reviews the tables were quickly turned when they gave the company negative feedback and suddenly their performance was called into question. Also, depending on the hub you're in you may be expected to work in-office every day you aren't traveling.

Advice to Management

Realize the increased turnover in the last year was completely avoidable. Employees are overworked, underpaid, and generally unhappy in an industry that is paying a premium for people with Workday experience. Don't ask for employee feedback if you don't want honest transparent feedback. And certainly don't turn legitimate complaints against employees that work hard for you and force them out.

DayNine Consulting2014-10-06

"Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Incredible opportunity to learn and grow a career. As a fresh college graduate, I've been thrust into ever more challenging positions and been given latitude to experiment and lead. *Self-starting and drive will be acknowledged and rewarded, both socially and financially. *Build the company you want. Leadership is open to and encourages all employee feedback. Plus, participate in company building teams where... you develop any number of aspects of the practice. *Client-Facing. Even as an Associate, you are client-facing from very early on. *Coach Program. You'll be paired with a senior employee who will help you guide your own career. *NPS. The company polls all clients for quarterly NPS ratings and reacts to feedback accordingly. *On-Boarding program and new consultant training. *Weekly company call. All employees are invited to participate in a weekly call that updates us on the state of the company. We are encouraged to ask questions directly to leadership during these calls. *Open office space. No one has an office door, no one has a cube. The CEO sits at an open desk, just like the rest of us. Conference rooms pepper the offices, for when privacy is needed. *Schedule/workplace flexibility. Schedule your own hours, work from the office or home. Your call, just be sure to show up often enough to maintain relationships (minimum 3-days a week).

Cons

*Hard work, little play. Some hubs play more than others, but many of us work pretty long hours with little interaction outside of the office. It speaks to the culture more than company policy, we just don't have a lot of people who like to start out-of-work activities and the company only starts the occasional dinner. Also, 2 weeks of vacation time a year to start. *Slow ramp-up. Took me 2 months before I was... billable (and thus working towards bonus eligibility). *Some shady recent departures. We've had a number of people "leave" in the past few months. *No hand-holding. There is support, but you will be expected to figure things out on your own.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Communicate with us and remain open to suggestion. Look at the bigger picture with utilization, just because someone is sub-80% this week doesn't invalidate their 120% last week.

DayNine Consulting2012-12-18