DayNine Consulting Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Ramos

"Great Place To Work"

Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and experience. DayNine provides an environment that is friendly and not shy to promote. Very great co workers who are all very intelligent.

Cons

Often you get thrown into the deep end very quickly without guidance. This can lead to stressful moments, but can also lead to accelerated growth. Very much a sink/swim kind of place.

Advice to Management

Tim is a great guy and I really appreciate the environment that he has created. People management is also good (for the most part). Would like a more diverse leadership team (male, female, ethnicities).

DayNine Consulting2017-01-06

"Great place to work!"

Associate Financial Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Company management is very approachable and sincerely care about the employee's welfare and growth. Excellent corporate culture. Company policies are some of the best in the industry. Recruiting does a great job at establishing a knowledgable, helpful, and eager team.

Cons

Salary ranges are a bit less than industry average. But other than that, no major cons. If there are any issues that employees face, management has an open door policy to discuss said issues and resolve it right away.

Advice to Management

No major changes are required. If anything, salaries could be escalated to meet average expectations. But overall, management is doing a great job making Daynine a wonderful company to work for.

DayNine Consulting2016-09-12

"Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Integration Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

• We are a rapidly growing company with a lot of opportunities. • Core values (D9 Beliefs) are very in-line with my own which makes it a great place to work. • There is also lot of freedom and flexibility with the job. • New total rewards program is now offer unlimited PTO including a $500 bonus for taking 5 consecutive days off in a year. • Opportunities to make a large impact through out the company.

Cons

As with most consulting jobs travel can be pretty heavy. Depending on your role and the client you can spend up to 80% of your time on the road.

Advice to Management

We need to find ways to develop our internal tools so that we can be more efficient consultants.

DayNine Consulting2016-04-08

"Does not feel like a small firm anymore"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time

Pros

*Great place to start your career. *Company is willing to invest in training you. *Company is very flexible on where/when you work. *Smart, friendly, and fun group of people to work with.

Cons

*Recent total rewards roll-out was a joke. Company hired a full-time resource to do market research which found that consultants were paid under market yet still yielded no increases to consultants. *Salary ceiling for L4 consultants went from 120k to 119k while RVP's went from 225k to 260k. Way to listen to what the people wanted! *No longer feels like a small company, feels much more like a larger firm where... more and more rules are forced upon us. *All attention is currently on the new Nashville hub and seems to ignore all others. *Company will put you on multiple projects at a time with competing deadlines. *Company makes minimal effort to staff people on local projects. *Company will push you too far. They will expect you to push back when you've reached your max. If you don't speak up, they'll keep on pushing. *Lots of 1/1 go-lives will ruin your holidays. *Company obsesses over forecasted versus billed hours per week. Any forecasted hour you didn't work is viewed as 'lost revenue' and they demand to know what happened, even if you billed over 40 hours that week. *Lots of top talent leaving with only college grads coming in to replace them.

DayNine Consulting2016-03-23

"On the Decline"

Integration Consultant

I have been working at DayNine Consulting for more than a year

Pros

The people that work here are really cool - I have made some friends at DayNine that I hope to keep when I leave for different jobs/industries. The culture is awesome - There is a very laid back atmosphere in the office, which makes going to work much more fun.

Cons

The new total rewards redesign doesn't seem to be anything special. Leadership acted like "unlimited" PTO was extremely innovative when I never had an issue with the old PTO system. Pay was increased for those at the bottom and those at the very top (leadership), however those in the middle (over two thirds of the billable consultants at DayNine) walked away with no changes. This was very difficult to hear, because... leadership had been hyping up total rewards changes for well over a year prior to this announcement. Apart from the soft skills you learn in consulting I am afraid what I learn here will not transfer well to other careers outside of the Workday ecosystem. Compensation seems to be considerably low compared to other firms in the Workday ecosystem. We have seen a recent influx in the number of DayNiners leaving after the Total Rewards announcement. Benefits are just okay if you are single, expensive if you have kids, and overall seem to be much better elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, one of the core beliefs is 'open and honest communication' and it doesn't seem as though those at the top feel the need to follow this.

DayNine Consulting2016-03-16

"Wow! What a great company!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The senior leadership team is transparent and approachable, both of which are very rare in the corporate world today. We have a tremendous sense of community here and everyone works together to do what it takes to get the job done. Team members are talented, hard working and supportive and everyone at DayNine lives the 9 Beliefs every single day. During my first few weeks of training, I had over a dozen... individuals reach out to me to ask if I had any questions or needed assistance. DayNine truly invests in employees and sets them up for success from the beginning. Also, during one of my training sessions, we had an opportunity to volunteer at a local non profit organization as a group. I can’t say enough about how proud I am to be a member of this organization.

Cons

Nothing strikes me as being a true negative thus far. There are some areas for improvement that the senior leadership team is aware of (staffing concerns and employee benefits) and they are working to develop viable solutions to remedy these issues. Because management encourages open and honest communication, any issues that arise do not remain problematic in the long term.

Advice to Management

To senior management, I would like to say, thank you! I admire your ability to continue to develop the business through strategic initiatives while also remaining involved in some of the the day to day operations of the business. Striking the right balance between these two areas is incredibly challenging but DayNine does this remarkably well and this resonates throughout all areas of the organization. Thank you... for putting an emphasis on hiring the best of the best – my colleagues challenge and inspire me every day.

DayNine Consulting2016-01-15
  7. "High Growth"

Former Employee - Integration Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very high growth company both in terms of revenue as well as company size. Being amidst the volatility of a constantly changing company can provide many opportunities to the people who have the right mindset. They have some nice locations in the NY, Chicago and elsewhere.

Cons

Specifically in the Pleasanton office my biggest complaint is that the culture is almost non-existent. I believe the disparity between this office and the Chicago or NY offices is that here it is just too difficult to compete with the Silicon Valley in terms of pay/benefits, so the Pleasanton office is primarily non-consultants. This makes it a somewhat dull location for a consultant since there is no one to... collaborate with.

Advice to Management

I think the biggest missed opportunity within the Pleasanton office specifically is developing a closer relationship with Workday. They are in the same building/parking lot, so find a way to get more consultants in the Pleasanton office and then have some initiatives to encourage those consultants to network with the Workday people, maybe get them directly involved with Field Readiness to increase exposure.

DayNine Consulting2015-09-03
  8. "Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative. Great culture. Very fun and connected. Great for younger consultants who like community in the workplace.

Cons

Becoming more and more like the big 4, and less of a boutique, which may be good, if you like the 100% road warrior travel and giant projects that last over a year. Also, minimal PTO compared to most other consulting firms.

Advice to Management

Become more competitive from a total rewards and work/life balance perspective.

DayNine Consulting2015-07-08
  9. "Great people"

Former Employee - Senior Integration Consultant

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Very good in training consultants. Good growth opportunities for employees. Team work truly defined in company (not just on paper in reality)

Cons

Bonus structure is tricky. you will get it, but .....

DayNine Consulting2015-05-11

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DayNine has the brightest and most client focus people in the business. Everybody helps each other out and no one is left on there own to struggle. Leadership is fantastic. The company is very transparent with the employees and the client which I feel is refreshing. DayNine has a terrific and fun on boarding process which really helps build your foundation. Each hub has its own personality which is terrific... because every region is different. I

Cons

As a consultant there are times you have to work a lot of hours but to me that is standard within the industry. I rather be working hours then not working hours.

Advice to Management

Create move fun team activities at the hubs.

DayNine Consulting2015-03-03