DayNine Consulting Reviews in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

4.6
DayNine Consulting Co-Founder, President and CEO Tim Ramos
Tim Ramos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Willing to help no matter how big or small the task (in 9 reviews)

• Core values (D9 Beliefs) are very in-line with my own which makes it a great place to work (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be hard to strike effective work-life balance at times (in 16 reviews)

• Growing fast which caused a lot of growing pains and often heavy workloads (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture with great people

Cons

Lots of work to do as they are expanding like crazy!

"Great Company To Work For If You're Ready"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Great opportunities for promotion and to see your work highlighted. When I was there, it was a medium sized consultancy so what you did had decent visibility. If you have the will and the drive, they would place you into the work you wanted to do.

Cons

A little slow on HR processes but it seems like that has greatly improved since I was there. People were up front about feedback which some people might take offense to but I always welcomed the direct feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture you've created and continue to connect with the individuals in the company.

3. "High Growth"

Former Employee - Integration Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Integration Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very high growth company both in terms of revenue as well as company size. Being amidst the volatility of a constantly changing company can provide many opportunities to the people who have the right mindset. They have some nice locations in the NY, Chicago and elsewhere.

Cons

Specifically in the Pleasanton office my biggest complaint is that the culture is almost non-existent. I believe the disparity between this office and the Chicago or NY offices is that here it is just too difficult to compete with the Silicon Valley in terms of pay/benefits, so the Pleasanton office is primarily non-consultants. This makes it a somewhat dull location for a consultant since there is no one to collaborate with.

Advice to Management

I think the biggest missed opportunity within the Pleasanton office specifically is developing a closer relationship with Workday. They are in the same building/parking lot, so find a way to get more consultants in the Pleasanton office and then have some initiatives to encourage those consultants to network with the Workday people, maybe get them directly involved with Field Readiness to increase exposure.

4. "Work hard, Play harder!"

Current Employee - Creative Services and Web Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Creative Services and Web Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The People. The team support, from day one, makes working at DayNine truly something special
    - Friendly work environment
    - Professional respect, and opportunities to personal growth
    - No politics. Open honest communication throughout the company
    - The work hard, play harder culture

Cons

None. One of the best companies I worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep the great work! #DayNineProud

"DayNine Promoter"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and great leaders! Workday is a fun system, and DayNine is the best in the business for implementing, so if you are interested in Workday, DayNine is where you want to be. DayNine supports a "work hard, play harder" culture, so prepare be around the best and the brightest, who all have many talents as well outside the workplace, and also enjoy doing happy hours often.

There are plentiful opportunities within the company, and as the company continues to grow so do the opportunities. I came in as a mid-level consultant, and within 6 months I was executing senior level work, and within 9 months I was involved in pre-sales work. Since DayNine is a startup, the visibility is very high (even amongst the senior executives), so if you are good it will be noticed and recognized quickly.

Cons

DayNine is doubling in size year over year, and with the rapid growth they experience growing pains. The subject matter expertise in some of the functional domains is low (since Workday is still very new), and it puts too much pressure and strain on the senior resources to ramp everyone up, sometimes leading to poor work/life balance and turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As a DayNine alumni, I am still very much a promoter of the company. I still come around to DayNine events, and still hang with a lot of my DayNine colleagues. I only left to pursue a career outside of consulting, and would not hesitate to go back if I decide to go the consulting route again.

"Great Company, people and work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company, people and work culture

Cons

Late stage startup so processes are not as streamlined which is not a big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep being as transparent as you are.

"Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Incredible opportunity to learn and grow a career. As a fresh college graduate, I've been thrust into ever more challenging positions and been given latitude to experiment and lead.

*Self-starting and drive will be acknowledged and rewarded, both socially and financially.

*Build the company you want. Leadership is open to and encourages all employee feedback. Plus, participate in company building teams where you develop any number of aspects of the practice.

*Client-Facing. Even as an Associate, you are client-facing from very early on.

*Coach Program. You'll be paired with a senior employee who will help you guide your own career.

*NPS. The company polls all clients for quarterly NPS ratings and reacts to feedback accordingly.

*On-Boarding program and new consultant training.

*Weekly company call. All employees are invited to participate in a weekly call that updates us on the state of the company. We are encouraged to ask questions directly to leadership during these calls.

*Open office space. No one has an office door, no one has a cube. The CEO sits at an open desk, just like the rest of us. Conference rooms pepper the offices, for when privacy is needed.

*Schedule/workplace flexibility. Schedule your own hours, work from the office or home. Your call, just be sure to show up often enough to maintain relationships (minimum 3-days a week).

Cons

*Hard work, little play. Some hubs play more than others, but many of us work pretty long hours with little interaction outside of the office. It speaks to the culture more than company policy, we just don't have a lot of people who like to start out-of-work activities and the company only starts the occasional dinner. Also, 2 weeks of vacation time a year to start.

*Slow ramp-up. Took me 2 months before I was billable (and thus working towards bonus eligibility).

*Some shady recent departures. We've had a number of people "leave" in the past few months.

*No hand-holding. There is support, but you will be expected to figure things out on your own.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Communicate with us and remain open to suggestion. Look at the bigger picture with utilization, just because someone is sub-80% this week doesn't invalidate their 120% last week.