DayNine Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Ramos
  1. "Great Place to Work"

in Boston, MA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting for more than 3 years

Pros

DayNine has a very collegial and collaborative culture. It is apparent how passionate most employees are about their work and the company.

Cons

As a boutique firm, DayNine suffers from some of the typical boutique consulting firm issues around staffing where the best resources are pulled in a lot of directions, but there is so much strong talent to pull so that is a big positive.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep focus on the culture and work environment through feedback from employees. There is also always opportunity for more efficiency to allow consultants to focus on client work and not get burdened.

DayNine Consulting2016-07-30

"Great Colleagues, Can't Keep Up With Growth"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team collaboration. Plenty of office socializing. Strong support network. Pride in being part of a leading Workday partner.

Cons

Growing too fast so that processes and tools quickly became obsolete, insufficient. Project staffing was chaotic...then after a hiring spurt and insufficient sales, many were sidelined.

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming with performance reviews and better organize the regions/project staffing.

DayNine Consulting2016-06-15

"Great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, I love the people I work with because DayNine makes the effort to make sure we have fun and culture fits. I've been at DayNine for 2 years and originally the work/life balance was not very good, and they have made a large effort to accommodate us and make it better.

Cons

I believe this is the case when working with any Workday Partner firm and it's that we don't get full access to Workday materials unless you have a friend or know someone who works at Workday who'll do you a solid. The work can be frustrating when trying to problem-solve. Some managers are not as supportive as others.

Advice to Management

DayNine is growing quickly and needs a better manager-to-managed ratio to ensure all employees are supported.

DayNine Consulting2016-06-09

"Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Integration Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

• We are a rapidly growing company with a lot of opportunities. • Core values (D9 Beliefs) are very in-line with my own which makes it a great place to work. • There is also lot of freedom and flexibility with the job. • New total rewards program is now offer unlimited PTO including a $500 bonus for taking 5 consecutive days off in a year. • Opportunities to make a large impact through out the company.

Cons

As with most consulting jobs travel can be pretty heavy. Depending on your role and the client you can spend up to 80% of your time on the road.

Advice to Management

We need to find ways to develop our internal tools so that we can be more efficient consultants.

DayNine Consulting2016-04-08

"Culture is King"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at DayNine is the best I've seen in nearly ten years in the industry. There is constant collaboration inside the offices. At the same time, you're giving the freedom to do your job as you see fit - no micromanagement; no set work hours. Work hard, play harder is such a cliche, but it couldn't be truer here. You're going to work harder here than you probably have anywhere else in your career, but... it'll be worth it every single day. I also think individuality is really celebrated here. DayNine isn't a group of suit and tie robots clocking in from 9 to 5 every day. The people here are some of the best co-workers I've ever worked with. DayNine's interview process is pretty lengthy, but you can clearly see the results. We truly hire amazing people, and it's awesome to come to work every day with a team of individuals who are great at their jobs. Overall, DayNine is a vibrant group of spectacularly talented individuals, and when you get a group of fun, intelligent people together all working towards a common goal, the limits are endless.

Cons

We are a young company - founded in 2009. If you are looking for a company that has everything figured out - rules and procedures in place for everything, this isn't it. There are times where no one knows the answer to a seemingly simple question, and chaos can ensue trying to figure it out.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people, and continue to let them build something special.

DayNine Consulting2016-03-14

"Great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time

Pros

Management follows their own beliefs. Values are reinforced at every major gathering. You feel that you are part of something greater.

Cons

So much work, so little time. Client facing are expected to travel up to 80%, which is a hard sell for family people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and value your backend employees as much as your client facing consultants. They are backbone of your operations and that position demands respect.

DayNine Consulting2016-04-01

"Great City, Great Benefits, Great Company"

Current Employee - People Services in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

How exciting that Nashville, TN was selected as DayNine's next hub city! With the office in the heart of downtown, the city's influence can be found throughout our new office! To top it off, DayNine has recently rolled out a new Total Rewards program, which provides perks and benefits like unlimited PTO, a strong pay for performance and incentive program, and an amazing anniversary bonus for entry level DayNiners.... Add this to an already-fun and collaborative culture and you have one great company! Glad I made the decision to join the D9 family!

Cons

Definitely not a con - more of an awareness: DayNine is growing rapidly - looking to add about 100 positions in Nashville in 2016! With this growth will come the need for employees to be agile and adaptable. We are asked to step outside our comfort zone at times, to always think outside the box and to be innovative. If you like structure and consistency, then this may not be the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to leverage the strengths of your employees and drive career growth!

DayNine Consulting2016-03-14

"Does not feel like a small firm anymore"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time

Pros

*Great place to start your career. *Company is willing to invest in training you. *Company is very flexible on where/when you work. *Smart, friendly, and fun group of people to work with.

Cons

*Recent total rewards roll-out was a joke. Company hired a full-time resource to do market research which found that consultants were paid under market yet still yielded no increases to consultants. *Salary ceiling for L4 consultants went from 120k to 119k while RVP's went from 225k to 260k. Way to listen to what the people wanted! *No longer feels like a small company, feels much more like a larger firm where... more and more rules are forced upon us. *All attention is currently on the new Nashville hub and seems to ignore all others. *Company will put you on multiple projects at a time with competing deadlines. *Company makes minimal effort to staff people on local projects. *Company will push you too far. They will expect you to push back when you've reached your max. If you don't speak up, they'll keep on pushing. *Lots of 1/1 go-lives will ruin your holidays. *Company obsesses over forecasted versus billed hours per week. Any forecasted hour you didn't work is viewed as 'lost revenue' and they demand to know what happened, even if you billed over 40 hours that week. *Lots of top talent leaving with only college grads coming in to replace them.

DayNine Consulting2016-03-23
  9. "Why NOT Daynine?"

Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DayNine Consulting

Pros

The culture and people are amazing! You're not bound by all these rules and policies. The expectation is for you to do the job you're hired to do..pretty simple right? As a newbie, help was just a skype/email away. There is always someone willing to help and share knowledge. Nashville is constantly growing which is very exciting which also means many opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

You do work hard and it can be overwhelming at times, HOWEVER, Daynine make a conscious effort to encourage the "play hard" aspect of our core values.

DayNine Consulting2016-04-01

"On the Decline"

Integration Consultant

I have been working at DayNine Consulting for more than a year

Pros

The people that work here are really cool - I have made some friends at DayNine that I hope to keep when I leave for different jobs/industries. The culture is awesome - There is a very laid back atmosphere in the office, which makes going to work much more fun.

Cons

The new total rewards redesign doesn't seem to be anything special. Leadership acted like "unlimited" PTO was extremely innovative when I never had an issue with the old PTO system. Pay was increased for those at the bottom and those at the very top (leadership), however those in the middle (over two thirds of the billable consultants at DayNine) walked away with no changes. This was very difficult to hear, because... leadership had been hyping up total rewards changes for well over a year prior to this announcement. Apart from the soft skills you learn in consulting I am afraid what I learn here will not transfer well to other careers outside of the Workday ecosystem. Compensation seems to be considerably low compared to other firms in the Workday ecosystem. We have seen a recent influx in the number of DayNiners leaving after the Total Rewards announcement. Benefits are just okay if you are single, expensive if you have kids, and overall seem to be much better elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, one of the core beliefs is 'open and honest communication' and it doesn't seem as though those at the top feel the need to follow this.

DayNine Consulting2016-03-16