DayNine Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2019

4.1
DayNine Consulting CEO Tim Ramos
Tim Ramos
  1. "Senior Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative. Great culture. Very fun and connected. Great for younger consultants who like community in the workplace.

Cons

Becoming more and more like the big 4, and less of a boutique, which may be good, if you like the 100% road warrior travel and giant projects that last over a year. Also, minimal PTO compared to most other consulting firms.

Advice to Management

Become more competitive from a total rewards and work/life balance perspective.

DayNine Consulting2015-07-08
  2. "Fast Cultured Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Opportunities for growth - Very exciting/upbeat culture and opportunity to work with some great people - Building an excellent client list which brings the opportunity to work with some of the world's top organizations - Strong brand within the Workday ecosystem - Hub culture - Core values (D9 Beliefs) are very in-line with my own which is a great plus for me

Cons

- Benefits are real expensive if you have a spouse or kids - Not always sure that leadership is being open and honest about their long term objectives - Path for advancing career is not always clear - Staffing is an absolute nightmare and not growing with the business

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and more importantly, create an environment where people can speak openly and freely during their reviews/NPS conversations. Relook at the benefits and 401k plan as they are very poor compared to industry standard. Keep trying to bring innovation to all areas of the business or the pains will continue to grow as D9 does.

DayNine Consulting2015-07-01
  3. "Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

DayNine is a great place to work for people who enjoy work hard and play hard. Consultants here are smart and fun and driven to do a great job on projects. Senior management listens to employee feedback!

Cons

Travel is 50%+ very typical for a consulting firm

DayNine Consulting2015-06-12

"Consultant"

I worked at DayNine Consulting

Pros

Exciting growth and product expansion with credible partner.

Cons

Lack of transparency from top leadership was troublesome.

Advice to Management

Be more open and transparent.

DayNine Consulting2015-06-15
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the brightest and most enjoyable people I've ever worked with. Lots of growth opportunity from a career development standpoint. DayNine takes care of its people. Absolutely a culture of innovation. Flexible and informal work environment.

Cons

Lots of change all the time; There are some staffing issues, but the company is actively working to improve this issue as a top priority. The culture promotes 'getting better' and fixing problems, so if you have an issue, you can always work with your people manager to come to a resolution.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and growing from within. Do not compromise quality for quantity in your hiring plans. Be realistic.

DayNine Consulting2015-05-20
  6. "Great people"

Former Employee - Senior Integration Consultant

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Very good in training consultants. Good growth opportunities for employees. Team work truly defined in company (not just on paper in reality)

Cons

Bonus structure is tricky. you will get it, but .....

DayNine Consulting2015-05-11
  7. "Work hard, Play harder!"

Current Employee - Creative Services and Web Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The People. The team support, from day one, makes working at DayNine truly something special - Friendly work environment - Professional respect, and opportunities to personal growth - No politics. Open honest communication throughout the company - The work hard, play harder culture

Cons

None. One of the best companies I worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep the great work! #DayNineProud

DayNine Consulting2015-04-15

"Meh"

I have been working at DayNine Consulting

Pros

Culture - Although it has changed a lot recently, it is nice not having the typical corporate bs found at my previous consulting companies. I enjoy the laid back hubs and ability to meet with other people in the company. Great Consultants - We work with some really talented experienced consultants and people are almost always willing to help you with whatever you need. Future - Outlook for jobs and growth is... great within DayNine, if for no other reason than how quickly Workday is exploding in the ecosystem.

Cons

Staffing - Expect to be working on multiple projects at once doing different things on each and sometimes across all continents. There is constantly a shortage of hours and resources on projects because projects are sold due to lower number of hours. Work/Life Balance - Depending on your role, you will be required to travel a lot more than the advertised 50%. Although required, travel is not forecasted, so... expect over 40 hours of client work a week, in addition to travel and internal responsibilities/meetings. I have AVERAGED 60 hours a week since I was first staffed on a project. Advancement - Advancement ends once you reach the top of your career path (project management or consulting). There are no consulting manager or consulting partner roles to develop into like my previous companies. Also, no opportunities are given to current employees who want to move into leadership roles (Regional Directors, RVP, etc). Best way to advance is to give a high NPS and talk about how great D9 is, regardless of your level. Benefits - Very expensive for someone who is trying to cover a spouse and kids. 401k match really low.

Advice to Management

Review all benefits, especially compensation. What happened to the budget for spot awards that was create a while back by lowering salary bands? Maybe they still exist, but haven't heard in a long time. Be more involved in projects, as I see leadership at kickoffs and then never again during the project. Sales seem to be celebrated way more than successful projects. Continue to work on developing career paths..., as there is no defined criteria for moving from one level to the next. It's been said this has been in the works since before I joined, but nothing has ever surfaced.

DayNine Consulting2015-03-23

"Best Talent in the Workday Market"

Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Leadership and consultants Communicate information most companies do not Blowing past competition

Cons

Continue to Improve training and development to meet market

Advice to Management

Keep Innovating Keep Communicating Keep Winning

DayNine Consulting2015-03-16
  10. "Best Company worked for - so far!"

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great focus on living up to the 9 beliefs but this differs from hub to hub (as expected due to demographics). Potential to grow for Consultants but more deliberate for Non-Consultants. Great bonus structure. Effort from Leadership team to be transparent to entire company through an open and honest communication channel.

Cons

Very easy to get burnt out due to work load.

Advice to Management

You need to be more open and honest with your employees when it comes to retention. Be open to implement ideas that help with retention.

DayNine Consulting2015-03-14