DayStar Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Peter A. Lacey
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun laid back work environment."

I worked at DayStar Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun laid back work environment.

Cons

It gets hot and could pay more

Advice to Management

Pay more money.

2. "SCAM"

Pros

Offers $15p/h for training and $24p/h after that. Its too good to be true.

Cons

This IS A SCAM! In the sketchy google hangouts interview they ask general questions then consult with a "board of directors" and hire you on the spot. The same day they send you a check for 3900 dollars via email and ask you to buy software with the money. I asked them to give me a week for the money to hit my account. And they wouldnt. Dont cash any checks from them. BEWARE.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming hardworking people. I reported you to the BBB.

3. "Customer services"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Work from home, pay is great, it seems like a really great company to work for with its easy hours

Cons

A little skeptical about the company the number listed is for a hospital the address is for a different company and the business has been listed as permanently being closed. The interview was held on Google hangout they asked about my bank which was weird and said they would send me a check via FedEx the next day.

Advice to Management

Please make your company marketable and informative on a real website. And register with the better business bureau if the company actually exist

4. "If they get $$$ it always was a good group of people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Daystar has some very talented people who really know their field and, especially in the research department, they are passionate and dedicated.

Cons

The company has changed directions a few times over the last few years and did a kind-of all-or-nothing gamble and lost. They are now trying passionately to get more money to try to make a go of it and if they get some investment they may just be able to pull it off.

Advice to Management

Keep at it and keep the employees informed.