Dayta Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Luke Riordan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Solid Company - Great Business Model"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Waite Park, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Waite Park, MN

I have been working at Dayta Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- DAYTA provides better services to their clients than the competition.
    - The company really cares about their employees.
    - My ideas are heard and implemented.

Cons

A fast-growing company has growing pains. Sometimes it takes longer to get things done than I'd like.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your mission and vision.

"At first it was great, then everything changed..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waite Park, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waite Park, MN

I worked at Dayta Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment
    Great group of people
    Upbeat attitude

Cons

After the honeymoon phase was over, I began being overworked and not compensated. I was working until 10 pm at night and on my weekends because of all of the projects being thrown at me. I asked why I was getting so much more work than my colleagues and their response was, "We hold you to a higher standard than your co-workers." Okay, so then pay me more maybe?

The thing that bothered me the most is that I felt I was being bullied by another female colleague, and when I brought it to the attention of Human Resources they brushed it under the rug quickly. After that very uncomfortable meeting with my co-worker, she began to be even more nasty to me. I quit two weeks later. I actually liked my other colleagues, but this one person made me feel so uncomfortable that I had to get out of there and I'm very happy I did.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they bring something to your attention.

Dayta Marketing Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Social SEO Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to write this feedback. It is our policy to not respond to anonymous reviews. We would welcome a conversation to address your concerns. Please contact... More

"Backwards"

Pros

Love everyone who works there - fun community aspect for the most part. Lots of young people- which is usually a plus

Cons

Inexperienced leadership has too much power too young- very political and cliquey. Make poor decisions for the group without consulting employees whose actual jobs are affected. Despite values, innovation is discouraged at every practical turn. Inefficiency runs rampant because of inexperience.

Also lots of 20 something college educated white kids. Not a lot of anything else.

Advice to Management

allow experts to be experts

"DAYTA falls short at everything"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Dayta Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Younger employees, John is cool

Cons

High turnover, bad quality. They hire interns to do free work so they don't hire another employees. Mediocre service. Low security- haven't worked there in awhile and still have access to their client's social media accounts. Poor communication and constantly late on payments.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees, beef up security, change leadership

Dayta Marketing Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Social SEO Coordinator

"So Very Happy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Dayta Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love the culture of DAYTA Marketing. The teamwork is beyond amazing, and everyone goes above and beyond to help one another succeed.

The team is very family-oriented. It's not unlikely to witness the entire team go out to eat together or hold a bonfire. I came in without knowing anybody, and left with several new friends.

Their ability to communicate with one another and their clients is by far the best I have seen. More often than not, Brand Managers chat with their clients several times a month to ensure the content being promoted is actually what the business owner wants.

I had a class in which another marketing company in the area presented how they provided social media services for their clients, and I realized how educated the team was at DAYTA. Many of the presenter's points were brief and didn't go into depth about how their process created results.

Many new clients hop on board the DAYTA train that they hire new Brand Managers every few months or so. It's exciting to witness their growth from the inside.

Employees get to work from home once a week, have a gym membership, and have lots of benefits like retirement and health insurance.

Also, depending on where your interests lie, the DAYTA Internship changes to fit your desires. For me, graphic design was of high-interest. Their designer is absolutely fantastic, and the feedback I received from her allowed me to place first in a statewide advertising competition.

Cons

I noticed some interns expressed the workload was a lot to handle. And, yes it was, but that depended on one's ability to manage their time. I worked another job, attended school full-time, and graduated with honors without any issues.

Sometimes interns felt left out. Due to the success of DAYTA Marketing, some interns were nervous to ask questions, and their work suffered. Brand Managers would inform them of their work being low-quality, and you could tell that some interns definitely held resentment.

The pay was not the best. Those who used the internship for college credit probably saw a better return than others. However, the knowledge I gained was worth it. They provide many hours of training of different platforms and practices to ensure you're well-informed. And, with many internships having no pay, I didn't really mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The internship program has already grown so much since I was involved, and I'm happy to hear that you are actively seeking to make it better. You'll always have a few bad eggs within the bunch, but the best you can do is wish those individuals well and that they perform better with their next career opportunity.

6. "I never meant to get attached"

I have been working at Dayta Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

The most supportive team I have ever encountered. Creative, open-minded leadership that appreciates new ideas. Strategic, puzzle-solving leadership that makes new ideas work. This crucial mix of leadership skills is acknowledged and encouraged.

A good atmosphere for growth.
    Is this supposed to be a bullet list or a flowing description?
    A good balance of emphasis on different important areas -- infrastructure, employees, technology, etc.

Good market to be in. The digital marketing industry is full of snake oil salesmen and it's hard to establish trust and deliver real results, but somehow DAYTA does it.

I initially planned on getting hired here, working for 12-18 months, and finding a job at a bigger west-coast company. Instead my coworkers turned out to be friends, my benefits turned out to be decent, and the work/customers turned out to be enjoyable. Now I'm examining the local housing market.

Cons

Small communication issues + big changes x small amount of time = occasional frustration & miscommunication.

Not a very diverse company; different viewpoints could probably help us break into even more markets with social.

Advice to Management

Always strive for more openness, you hired many curious employees.
    Your focus on benefits and work/life balance is appreciated.
    Keep focusing on increasing employee pay.

"Brand Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Waite Park, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Waite Park, MN

Pros

The culture and team at DAYTA is amazing! I am encouraged to be creative, share my ideas and my input is truly valued and respected. I can't imagine working for a better company!

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons. If I ever have an issue I can share it and it is well received.

"LOVE my Job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Pros

I have been working for DAYTA for just shy of a year now. I love my job and the team! #OneTeamOneDream! We are growing and things are constantly evolving which I love because I am never bored! This is honestly the best company I have ever worked for!!

Cons

Not enough time in the day! We are so busy, which is a GOOD thing but I could use an extra day in my week to get everything done.

Advice to Management

Don't go changing on me! It is so amazing to have inspiring, supportive, and caring individuals lead the company. It means a world of a difference when you know they genuinely care about their employees.

"THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waite Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waite Park, MN

I have been working at Dayta Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DAYTA is a great place to work if you have an entrepreneurial spirit. The culture of DAYTA is that you in a sense are your own boss. Anybody who has worked for "corporate" understands how important and rare it is to have that much personal freedom. For such a young company (literally and figuratively) to have made such an impact is only proof that DAYTA is a TEAM full of great individuals. One common mantra often overheard is the phrase #DAYTALIFE. This can mean so many things but can be easily summed up by the fact that we are a TEAM of great people helping each other out. The employee base truly cares about one another which is demonstrated through our ability to work together to accomplish all goals. Day in and day out we are making real efforts to provide quality work for our clients. Everything we work towards has our clients best interest in mind.

Simply put... DAYTA is the best!

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be long. However, DAYTA is a startup, so longs hours should be expected. Those who put in the extra hours will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Haters gonna hate. Keep being who you are. DAYTA was literally built from the ground up. Seeing where DAYTA is today, is only a testament to your great leadership.

"Great atmosphere, fun work, lots of growth potential!"

I have been working at Dayta Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the employees at DAYTA Marketing are considered to be entrepreneurs and because it's a small, but fast-growing, company, we have the opportunity to shape what role we want to have in the company's growth. This is an exciting opportunity for me and one that I haven't had in previous jobs with small companies. Atmosphere is fun and everyone works together as a team. Leadership listens to employees and provides honest feedback. I'm really excited to be a part of DAYTA's continued growth and for the future!

Cons

The nature of social media is non-stop -- working at night or on the weekends isn't a requirement, but is sometimes needed.