Dayton Children's Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dayton Children's Hospital President and CEO Deborah Feldman
Deborah Feldman

Pros
  • Working with children and making them smile (in 4 reviews)

• Outstanding care for kids, progressive, super engaged employees (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains of construction, but it is worth it (in 3 reviews)

• Pay, raises, no perks, no appreciation for support staff, sub par health insurance, retention problems, no advancement opportunity, bad management (in 3 reviews)

1. "Happy nightshift RN"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small hospital where the ceo, CNO and other upper management leaders will stop and talk with you in the hallways. They will even come around to help, hold babies or pass out snacks during our busy season. Flexible hours. Decent pay. The brand new patient care tower opening in July is amazing. Our patients are the cutest around!

Cons

Pay could be better, but it's not bad

Advice to Management

Tuition reimbursement for pool employees would be AWESOME

2. "Two thumbs up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are a family-friendly environment where employees go above and beyond to care for kids. My co-workers are some of the most talented I have ever worked with in my 20 year career. We have freedom and flexibility to be creative. We have the power to make the right decisions. And we get to have the honor to care for our region's children in incredible ways.

Cons

The cons are we are moving at a rapid pace to transform care. So there are times when we put systems in place, but they aren't 100% solid before we move on to the next thing. Health care is changing so fast that it's sometimes hard to keep up!

Advice to Management

Seriously, keep up the good work! I've never seen a more dedicated group of leaders, from the CEO to VPs to directors to managers work so incredibly hard to do the right thing for employees and patients/families. Debbie is the most graceful and compassionate CEO I've worked with.

3. "Awesome Community!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked in a much larger pediatric hospital for 10 years, I thought coming here would be a huge adjustment. But the "vibe" here is so great! I felt supported and accepted from day one and have never seen such a positive and friendly atmosphere in a hospital, ever. Coming here was the best career decision I have made yet!!

Cons

Haven't found any yet. I'll let you know...

Advice to Management

Keep listening to and learning from the people you lead! Our teamwork is awesome and I hope it stays that way as we grow!

4. "Dietitian"

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Dayton, OH

Pros

I have only worked here for a short time; however, it has been a WONDERFUL experience! The leadership team listens to employees, is very personable and approachable. At a previous local employer, most leadership opportunities were only available to RNs; however, Children's supports individual growth from all disciplines. Employees seem happy and most are very warm and welcoming! Employees seem proud to work at Children's and call it "a great place to work!" Children's recently changed their benefits package, and it is EXCEPTIONAL! I feel very proud to work for Dayton Children's Hospital!

Cons

-Parking can be a challenge at this time (due to influx of employee hiring).

Advice to Management

As growth continues to occur, my hope is that employees don't lose their sense of identity and start to feel like a number (like I have seen in other hospital organizations).

5. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my job! Dayton Children's is small enough that it still feels like family but provides world class care you expect for every child. I work with an amazing group of people. Always see smiling faces and there's nothing better than working with kids!

Cons

Growing pains of construction, but it is worth it!

Advice to Management

Continue hiring amazing people and keep your employees informed about the state of the hospital.

6. "Need a lot of work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The kids are great, and the new facility is nice !!!

Cons

Poor benefits. Horrible "internal" customer service. Lack of "leadership", etc.....

Advice to Management

Quit treating staff like "children". Just because the word is in the company name, it doesn't mean you need to treat staff like children !!!

7. "Great mission and enviornment!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dayton Children's is a wonderful hospital to work for because not only are you part of life-changing work for our community of pediatric patients, you also get rewarded well for what you do! Great new compensation and benefits plans are the added perk! Plus, working for a child-focused organization is a delight!

Cons

A lot of quick changes within the past few years but in the end it will be the most beneficial for the hospital and the patients served.

8. "Dietitian"

Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An updated benefits package; a new tower to work in; a new Culinary Kitchen to eat in with healthy food options; working with children is amazing!

Cons

We are growing fast. Desk space is limited. With the new tower, I am sure this will improve.

9. "Clerical Support IV"

Current Employee - Clerical Support in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Clerical Support in Dayton, OH

Pros

To help family's in there time of need, to give them and our fellow employee a smile.

Cons

Some times the loss of our children is more then what we can handle.

Advice to Management

Remember that all employees are important from the housekeeping staff to the Dr's. To make this hospital run smooth we must all feel important.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Dayton, OH

Pros

Smiling faces! Working with children and making them smile. This is a great place to work and a lot of awesome changes are taking place! You will want to be part of this team.

Cons

Right now there is a lot of construction and some growing pains, but the outcome will be amazing! Be patient.

Advice to Management

Communication