Daz Systems inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2019

3.5
Daz Systems inc CEO Walt Zipperman
Walt Zipperman
  1. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Daz Systems inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Have given fredom to work on Projects and no micro management by higher management

Cons

Mostly either working in customer locations or remote and very oddly get chance to meet in person the collagues

Daz Systems inc2019-01-22
  2. "Project Manager"

I worked at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Good Company, Good Pay, Benefits Good Pay Challenging environment

Cons

Almost 100% travel Management plays favorites

Daz Systems inc2018-05-14
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DAZ supports the professional growth of their employees. Providing training to increase expertise and promotes from within the organization. The leaders of DAZ care about their employees and support a good work-life balance. I have grown tremendously in my position by working directly for the President, Deborah Arnold. Having a smart, female leader empowers me in an industry that has been dominated by males.

Cons

I have no cons to report

Daz Systems inc2017-10-12
  5. "Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to latest technology and diversified customers

Cons

Not that I think of

Advice to Management

None

Daz Systems inc2017-07-18
  6. "Consultant"

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Exposure to many clients with different industries and processes

Cons

Balancing priorities, managing multiple clients and travel

Daz Systems inc2017-06-28

"Consultant"

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Was a much better company when its owner/partners (top management) had direct involvement and contact to its consultants.

Cons

Compensation not at par with market, middle and senior management is partial, nepotistic, does not believe in fundamental values like employee recognition on the ground of merit, capability and contribution.

Advice to Management

Please learn to care to value, recognize, reward and compensate your employees on the ground of merit, capabilities and contribution not just nepotistic personal relationships.

Daz Systems inc2017-06-04

"Niightmare working here! (USA location)"

I worked at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Offers Good salaries. Easy and decent reimbursements of travel expenses. Since everyone works on multiple projects at a time, learning is good. HR responses is quick to help.

Cons

Highly demanding work environment and One has to suffocate in constant pressure and stressful situations everyday. employees are irritated with each other. No Knowledge sharing or cooperation culture among colleagues internally, may be since everyone is way too overloaded with work. Everyone works on at least 2-3 or more projects at a time. Managers/leads have no interest in your work and jump in to picture blaming... you - only when there are some escalations. When company requires, They will hire you from anywhere at any cost and later fire without any hiccup when not needed. Company mainly consists of those employees who are with company for 8- 15 years mainly due to being in line for their GC, they gel up very well within and also with top management and kind of override new joiners/interfere a lot everywhere. New joiners and are seen by them as outsiders so don't expect any support or cooperation from them. If you are assigned to support projects, good thing is that traveling is very less but filling your time sheet is a horrible task as you have to remember and mention 8 hours billable work breakup everyday and if you don't get sufficient hours to bill client, you are on radar. Delivery projects has got enough travel. So, Join if you are in urgent need of money at the cost of some peace in life.

Advice to Management

Urgent need to create some level of relaxed environment within employees and to create a employee cooperation culture/knowledge sharing platforms. If employees are happy attrition rate will itself go down.

Daz Systems inc2016-12-26
  9. "Senior Consultant"

Senior Consultant, Software Architect in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Daz Systems inc for more than 10 years

Pros

I was allowed a lot of autonomy and worked with great people. The atmosphere was usually busy but informal. My views and opinions were always listened to and appreciated. Enjoyed my time there.

Cons

Long hours. At times you had to really push hard to solve particularly difficult problems.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best people you can find and continue to treat them well.

Daz Systems inc2016-09-07

"Business Analyst"

in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Daz Systems inc

Pros

Great Company to work for Focus is on task not people Adapts to change pretty quickly. Helping co-workers

Cons

Very demanding on work aspect. High premiums for medical insurance not a meaningful 410 k

Daz Systems inc2016-03-01

"Lowest bid is not best bid"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Daz Systems inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

* some good people working there * pay is mid but fair

Cons

* under estimated project may win bid but did cause problems later * using heavy offshore resources can be cheap but is not always best solution * travel booking is horrendous and promising client cheapest travel costs when it takes employee 6 additional hours of travel is not acceptable * don't RIF employees...they'd prefer to be independent consultants and have 2 months notice to ramp up on next project rather... than 2-weeks severance on RIF

Advice to Management

the 'we are low cost provider' can't help but breed bad reputation. A complex system should not be slammed in

Daz Systems inc2015-12-04