Daz Systems inc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Daz Systems inc Chief Executive Officer Walt Zipperman
Walt Zipperman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DAZ supports the professional growth of their employees. Providing training to increase expertise and promotes from within the organization. The leaders of DAZ care about their employees and support a good work-life balance. I have grown tremendously in my position by working directly for the President, Deborah Arnold. Having a smart, female leader empowers me in an industry that has been dominated by males.

Cons

I have no cons to report

2. "Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to latest technology and diversified customers

Cons

Not that I think of

Advice to Management

None

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Exposure to many clients with different industries and processes

Cons

Balancing priorities, managing multiple clients and travel

4. "Consultant"

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Was a much better company when its owner/partners (top management) had direct involvement and contact to its consultants.

Cons

Compensation not at par with market, middle and senior management is partial, nepotistic, does not believe in fundamental values like employee recognition on the ground of merit, capability and contribution.

Advice to Management

Please learn to care to value, recognize, reward and compensate your employees on the ground of merit, capabilities and contribution not just nepotistic personal relationships.

"Niightmare working here! (USA location)"

I worked at Daz Systems inc full-time

Pros

Offers Good salaries.
    Easy and decent reimbursements of travel expenses.
    Since everyone works on multiple projects at a time, learning is good.
    HR responses is quick to help.

Cons

Highly demanding work environment and One has to suffocate in constant pressure and stressful situations everyday. employees are irritated with each other. No Knowledge sharing or cooperation culture among colleagues internally, may be since everyone is way too overloaded with work. Everyone works on at least 2-3 or more projects at a time. Managers/leads have no interest in your work and jump in to picture blaming you - only when there are some escalations.
    When company requires, They will hire you from anywhere at any cost and later fire without any hiccup when not needed.

Company mainly consists of those employees who are with company for 8- 15 years mainly due to being in line for their GC, they gel up very well within and also with top management and kind of override new joiners/interfere a lot everywhere. New joiners and are seen by them as outsiders so don't expect any support or cooperation from them. If you are assigned to support projects, good thing is that traveling is very less but filling your time sheet is a horrible task as you have to remember and mention 8 hours billable work breakup everyday and if you don't get sufficient hours to bill client, you are on radar. Delivery projects has got enough travel.

So, Join if you are in urgent need of money at the cost of some peace in life.

Advice to Management

Urgent need to create some level of relaxed environment within employees and to create a employee cooperation culture/knowledge sharing platforms. If employees are happy attrition rate will itself go down.

6. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Software Architect in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Software Architect in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Daz Systems inc (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was allowed a lot of autonomy and worked with great people. The atmosphere was usually busy but informal. My views and opinions were always listened to and appreciated. Enjoyed my time there.

Cons

Long hours. At times you had to really push hard to solve particularly difficult problems.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best people you can find and continue to treat them well.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Great Company to work for
    Focus is on task not people
    Adapts to change pretty quickly.
    Helping co-workers

Cons

Very demanding on work aspect.
    High premiums for medical insurance
    not a meaningful 410 k

8. "Lowest bid is not best bid"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Daz Systems inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* some good people working there
    * pay is mid but fair

Cons

* under estimated project may win bid but did cause problems later
    * using heavy offshore resources can be cheap but is not always best solution
    * travel booking is horrendous and promising client cheapest travel costs when it takes employee 6 additional hours of travel is not acceptable
    * don't RIF employees...they'd prefer to be independent consultants and have 2 months notice to ramp up on next project rather than 2-weeks severance on RIF

Advice to Management

the 'we are low cost provider' can't help but breed bad reputation. A complex system should not be slammed in

"na"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant, Oracle Applications in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant, Oracle Applications in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good company to work... good for contractors if you want to travel, you can make money

Cons

travel, no bonus, no stocks, increments are not good, medical coverage is not greate

Advice to Management

Please give more hike to the employees

10. "Been working for DAZ a number of years. 1/2 the company has been here 5-10 years, great place to work!"

I have been working at Daz Systems inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The owners have a dedicated hands on approach and some of the most generous people I have ever known. I have seen them bend over backwards to help an employee in need, veterans and newcomers. Very good pay, no corporate politics, open door policy, good benefits. I've never seen the company not in growth mode, very successful and still growing and expanding. And even with all the growth the upper management has managed to stay hands on and accessible.
    There is a very low turnover of employees for good reasons.

Cons

Sometimes long hours and aggressive schedules but the company is filled with people who embrace the challenges, enjoy taking on extra responsibility and take pride in their work and their contribution to the growth of the company. And these people are rewarded well for those contributions.