DePere Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Cole Heeg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Perfect for those looking for a career instead of a job."

Current Employee - Sales/Management in North Ridgeville, OH
    Current Employee - Sales/Management in North Ridgeville, OH

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. Fun work environment. Great pay for those willing to put in the effort. You get paid and promoted based on your ability and not seniority.

Cons

Not for the weak minded. You must have a strong desire to succeed. Excellent opportunity if you have enough drive.

2. "SCAM"

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

The hiring team is good at acting professional so they are able to suck in a lot of desperate college grads.

Cons

- Door to door sales
    - Employees are disposable because people constantly quit
    - Base pay is equivalent to $5.66 / hour
    - They will lie right to your face about hiring and earning potential

Advice to Management

They don't tell you that it's door to door sales until the second interview. They are a complete joke.

DePere Concepts Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Owner

Dear Anonymous Employee,

We are extremely saddened that you had a poor experience within our company recently. It is unfortunate that you were not given a clear understanding or idea of what our... More

"This is a scam - beware"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Independence, OH

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not much to be said here as the company does not offer any benefits or even care how their employees commute. It is strange that the company feels the need to lie about the job.

Cons

No benes, no knowledge of current lack of interest in telecommunications by consumers, lack of personality. They try to be google or apple but they are not. They are a pyramid scheme, plain and simple.

Advice to Management

You should stop lying to applicants. Many of these people do not want to do sales. It is a bad idea to try to get everyone to do your direct sales to people who can ill afford it. This should be illegal. You are making money off the backs of poor people and should feel totally ashamed. Learn about the current lack of interest in cable in the market.

DePere Concepts Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Owner

Dear Former Employee,

I think that you may have us mixed up with another company- We do not work in the cable industry. We only work with larger Energy Brokers in the Cleveland Area. Best of luck... More

"The Only Job I quit ever in my life"

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

Supervisors will help if needed
    Nice employees, will help you

Cons

Pay
    Act like their in Wolf of Wall Street

Advice to Management

If you want to work as a door to door salesman for a career, go ahead. Supervisors and some employees will help you if need it. But I only got paid literally $140 for three weeks of work. This is the only job I quit from and I was fine with it. Some employees there act like they want to be the next Jordan Belfort (the guy Leonardo Dicaprio played in the movie Wolf of Wall Street). From what I recall Belfort is a convicted felon that owes millions of dollars to his former employers for being a fraud. What I'm saying is that if you want to be a salesman go ahead. They'll hire anyone with a pulse and a resume. Have fun having up down checks every week too.

"Great Experience, Great Leadership, All Around Fun"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only does this company have great opportunity for growth as a whole, it prides itself on personal growth for each and every employee. The atmosphere in and around the office is a great pleasure to be around with a great team based philosophy! The training and support system builds self motivation and leaves little to no room for failure!

Cons

Not exactly a con but like in every job what you put in you get out.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the help, I wish you the best!!

"Management Training Program"

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

I have learned how to run a profitable business here. People coming in need to understand that this is what it is. I have just seen someone promoted to business owner yesterday.

+ You make money based on you.
    + Life lessons
    + Great people to be around
    + Learn how to run a business

Cons

- Not enough time in a day

Advice to Management

• Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

The best company I've ever worked with. Been in the business 14 months moved up to assistant management and ready to run my own office

Cons

Its not for weak minded people

Advice to Management

Stay Consistent and have Integrity

"Account Manager"

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

DePere offers great training and mentoring. Leadership works hard to make sure that everyone who puts in the work ethic succeeds.

Cons

To succeed you must work long, hard hours. There isn't an easy road, but as long as willing to put in the effort you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Management needs to continue putting in the time to make sure all people succeed. It's a great feeling when leaders care about their employees.

"Honest Review of a Previous Employee"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Independence, OH

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick to get an offer after the interview. Probably because this is a scam of a company.

Cons

This company is the biggest scam company. All positive reviews are from the managers. You come into work dressed in professional clothes just to have a "pump" up meeting on ways to close the door to door sale. You then find your ride to drive out to the different neighborhoods and you change out of your professional clothes to your "field" clothes where you do door to door sales for the rest of the day. The changing usually happens in a fast food restaurant. Unbelievable. This is why so many people get tricked into thinking this is an office/business position. The professional clothing of employees let's you think that. I would get dropped off in random neighborhoods and left there alone until 7pm waiting for the ride to take me back to the office. I felt abandoned! Not safe at all. Turn away from this scam! There's no benefits, no PTO no 401K NOTHING. I would never recommend anyone to work here. Ever.

Advice to Management

Stop contacting every resume you see from those looking for a REAL career. This is NOT a marketing position. Be honest with yourself. This is a 100% commission door to door sales job. Tell people that before you waste their time and have them missing out on other legit career opportunities.

"Long Hours"

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

Everyone that you work with is very team oriented and positive. Can make good money if you commit to the program.

Cons

No health, dental, or benefits of any kind. Expect to work from 10:45am to 8 PM ( sometimes later) and its 100 percent commission. It is door to door sales.