DeVry University Reviews | Glassdoor

DeVry University President Robert Paul
Robert Paul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Good place to work; pay's a little low"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Representative in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Representative in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

I've really enjoyed my job at Devry. Although it can get a bid repetitive at times, there are plenty of opportunities to move inside of the company. management is very caring and they foster an environment where personal development is encourages. Benefits are top notch and you can get tuition reimbursement at Keller after a year of employment

Cons

Pay is a little low. Heavy Emphasis on hourly productivity

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you guys do! i really love it at Devry!

2. "Study"

Current Employee - Student in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Student in Arlington, VA

Pros

They listen to you and work with you

Cons

If you miss a class for two times, you will be dropped from the class

Advice to Management

Keep the Good work

3. "DeVry treats employees very well"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Starting salary is higher than same position at other universities, training is excellent and well laid out, a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

Hours are not that great if you have a family. Not all campuses have a good team spirit.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Houston, TX

Pros

Employees feel valued. Effective communication between the deans and professors.
    Open door policy therefore deans are very accessible to both students and staff. Always get feedback timely.

Cons

Payroll dates previously very confusing but this has since been resolved and the structure in place is more appealing to adjunct faculty.

Advice to Management

Devry Houston campus is a great place to work for. I am proud to be associated with this institution. Hopefully most people can change their preconceived ideas about online schools.

5. "It is workplace where a lot of growth in wisdom, knowledge, and understanding can happen."

Current Employee - Student Faculty Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Student Faculty Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

A great environment to work because it involves a lot of communication and teamwork.

Cons

I have not really found a downside on working at DeVry; however, the work itself can be rather slow.

Advice to Management

Leadership at DeVry is well enough as it is because I have the fortune to work with great supervisors and directors.

6. "DeVry University has been a wonderful place to work. It provided you with the experience of dealing with college student"

Former Employee - Operations Support Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Support Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

DeVry University provides you with a great benefits package with includes healthcare, 401K Plan, vacation and paid sick time, health, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents and spouse. The compenstion at DeVry University is also great.

Cons

Working for a educational institute like DeVry University allows you to get information regarding student loans and grants. I do not feel like some of the students are there for an education but for the money from Financial Aide.

"DeVry University"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working schedules, and assistance with taking classes at a reduced price

Cons

High level work and can be stressful at times especially around registration week

Advice to Management

Be prepared to have many hats

"DeVry is an awesome employer in today's world!"

Current Employee - Social Media Contributor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Social Media Contributor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am supported and consistently encouraged through great compensation, positive feedback, & more than adequate direction from my managers and the staff that I work with. I have never felt pressured or discouraged in any way. I am included in decision-making and feel that I make a very valuable contribution to the company. Compensation is more than adequate and little extra tokens of their appreciation find their way to my mailbox frequently. I highly recommend DeVry as a wonderful organization for which to work!

Cons

Being an education provider and my position being in social media marketing, I have to be careful of my references to religion in my blog entries. I feel that sometimes their compliance department is a bit inconsistent in what is considered OK and sometimes feedback about this is vague. I see this as an ongoing issue in our society however, and really don't fault the institution for this at all. I can think of no other issues I have felt since my employment with them began last year.

Advice to Management

I wish I could give some! Awesome management that leads by example and empowers their employees to succeed.

9. "For a For-Profit, it was a really good experience"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at DeVry University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with, decent starting salary, management doesn't make over-reaching promises they can't hold onto

Cons

Still somewhat telemarketing, ok with overly religious employees, somewhat inflexible schedules. While they are a fairly great employer, there are still some issues they need to shore up.

10. "Career Growth"

Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great place to begin a carrer. Constant training & weekly review of progress. Incentive to continue education. They are always looking to promote within.

Cons

Changes are constantly occuring, however there is always training to implement changes. You just have to be willing to adapt the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!