Deacom Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Deacom Founder and CEO Jay T. Deakins
Jay T. Deakins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"great team and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Deacom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

outstanding & fun team
    strong onboarding process
    great support system for system function questions
    flexible environment
    cool office with nearby park
    free Friday lunches

Cons

company promotes meritocracy but needs to provide more support for employees in understanding how they can earn merits
    growing presents some challenges so new people are constantly joining the team that need support from existing employees

Advice to Management

continue to help your team grow and the company will thrive

"Growth and Development"

I have been working at Deacom full-time

Pros

If you're bright and early in your career, you'll be given ample chances to grow and develop - far more than at most companies.
    If you're skilled and in the middle of your career, you'll be able to excel and make an impact.
    If you're experienced in your career, your wisdom and and knowledge will be in high demand.

Competitive pay, above-average benefits, management that cares more about company success & growth than posting a good quarter for shareholders.

Cons

There's a lot asked of people. I have to keep organized to make sure I'm on top of everything. Would appreciate more PTO, especially for those people who had more previously in their careers.

Advice to Management

Keep the startup-like roots and agility, but don't be afraid to formalize as we grow. Ensure our great staff knows the advancement paths open to them.

"Implementation consultant"

I have been working at Deacom full-time

Pros

challenging and dynamic work challenges

Cons

zero leadership or focus on developing employees

Advice to Management

learn how to develop people

"Utility"

I worked at Deacom full-time

Pros

The employess are all great

Cons

Management is awful! Kids are in charge with no real world experience. Your voice is never heard. The benefits are brutally expensive. The hours are terrible. No ones job is safe. The owner thinks he is Steve Jobs but he doesn't have a product to be like Steve Jobs.

"Great environment, abundant opportunity."

I have been working at Deacom full-time

Pros

-Fun work culture.
    -Innovative product
    -Executive staff is in-touch with employees.
    -Not a lot of bureaucracy/politics to navigate.
    -Free lunch on Fridays.
    -Opportunities for advancement are real for those willing to put in the work. A lot of companies say their positions have room for growth, but advancement is more tenure-based than merit-based. Not here.

Cons

-Org chart seems to be in a constant state of flux.

Advice to Management

Solidify roles and responsibilities of management in a more transparent way.

"Good Company, Very Poor Management"

I worked at Deacom full-time

Pros

Good pay. Decent software System. Free lunch every Friday.

Cons

Very poor management. Unprofessional and belittles its employees. Younger managers at the mid level with very huge egos and not much interest in helping its employees succeed. If you are not liked by management for any reason or do not fit their mold, they will do all in their power to try to make sure you do not succeed. Very foul mouths there with very little respect for others. Money is not everything, and not worth the abuse given by management to its employees.

"Look forward to going to work everyday!"

I have been working at Deacom full-time

Pros

I have worked for many other IT companies throughout my career and have never experienced a work environment like Deacom. It’s great to come to the office every day and work alongside such a great group of professionals who all bring unique perspectives to the table. You will never meet an employee unwilling to help another or use the excuse “that’s not my job.” It’s definitely a team atmosphere.

When it comes to the software, we are definitely placing our own mark on the industry. It doesn’t seem that any competitors have created software like ours, which is exciting but also very challenging to stay on top of.

The company is growing fast. In December we moved into our new headquarters (which is very impressive) and I just heard we are going to add another 50 employees in 2016 alone.

Cons

Deacom’s growth is great for career development and the future of the company but it does come with a couple growing pains. Employees were moved up the ranks so there were some learning curves when it came to adjusting to new leadership. This isn’t going unrecognized by management who are introducing more programs and perks to keep the culture intact and improve employee development.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping up with (and often ahead of) industry trends. This is what sets our ERP software apart from those larger competitors.

"Genuinely love working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Deacom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A big part of what makes Deacom so great are its people. People here are fun, energetic and genuinely passionate about what they do! They believe in this company and are fully invested in furthering its success. Likewise, upper management believes in their people. They believe in treating people like adults and rewarding hard work and effort, whether it be in the form of compensation or Free Lunch Fridays.

Cons

The company has been and will continue to go through major growth, which typically leads to changes, both big and small. I think the biggest challenge the company faces is holding on to that "family" dynamic while that family continuously gets larger and larger.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the open communication. Sometimes all people need, when faced with change and uncertainty, is a little insight into where things are headed, and some assurance that the changes that are coming WILL lead to bigger and better things!

"GREAT TEAM, DEPENDABLE LEADERSHIP, CARING CULTURE"

Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Deacom full-time

Pros

The team around you is super supportive in making sure the group is successful. Leadership is mostly hands off allowing teams to operate with flexibility. Salary is fair with a bonus at the end of the year that is healthy if the company is healthy. The culture is caring with everyone looking out for each other's back. For a erp system the company has remarkably happy customers. Combined, these make it a great place to work.

Cons

Busy times does mean there is a copious amount of work to go around. You can manage to keep it around 45 hours per week without a problem. The new office has some a/c problems and is still in desperate need of additonal furniture. Oh and maybe the benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring and strive to promote from within. Share more thoughts on company strategy. Maybe fire a person or two that just aren't cutting it on a team. How about more games for the breakout areas? Last part is most important.

"Good Company, Great People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Churchville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Churchville, PA

I worked at Deacom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Deacom is a rapidly growing organization doing great things at a quick pace. The sense of community and the workers keep the company afloat

Cons

Leadership seems to have a large ego and deters workers from putting in the extra work. Leads to little promotion within organization

Advice to Management

Give employees the opportunity to prove their capable of advancing. Often overloaded with unnecessary work