DealDash Reviews | Glassdoor

DealDash CEO Pasi Lohi
Pasi Lohi
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place for those who can adapt quickly, be responsible and help shape the face of a company"

Pros

I've worked at DealDash for nearly a year now, and it outpaces and outperforms my prior employer of 10+ years by a long shot. Initially, I was hired for a somewhat specific position and since I have been able to delve into many various areas outside of my job title, such as design, customer acquisition, coding, etc. giving me the opportunity to get outside of my comfort zone and learn some new skills that will lead to further positions within the company. The hiring process here has been refined to cultivate only the best talent as these are some of the best colleagues I've had the pleasure working beside. Aside from these amazing attributes, DealDash also allows employees to work where they choose, has excellent health benefits and vacation time, and you even get a Kindle upon joining the company!

DealDash is a fast-paced company, and if your like challenge, responsibility and watching a company flourish, then this is place I can highly suggest to you.

Cons

The largest downside is the occasional breakdown of communication. New employees are often joining the company as other people are being promoted and this sometimes leaves a void for a brief time where new information might not make it through. That being said, it doesn't last long because everyone at DealDash tries to overcommunicate so nothing goes unsaid for long. A proper compensation structure is also needed, but management is aware and has been working on a plan for this.

Advice to Management

Maybe relax hiring standards just a little to fill the gaps a bit quicker.

"Young, Fast moving, Customer centric"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DealDash full-time

Pros

Results are rewarded. Pretty decent benefits. Straight forward candid culture.

Cons

Folks here are serious about getting results for the customer and growing the business. Unfortunately that also means that working 9-5 will not get you promoted here.

"Fun, young and rapidly growing company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at DealDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company atmosphere allows for exposure to all aspects of the field. Friendly management creates a comfortable atmosphere and many young employees work together, learning from each other.

Cons

Constant changes due to the rapid growth of company. Because of the changes, there tend to be vague and changing company policies that make it hard to know what to expect.

Advice to Management

Clarity and solid policy so nothing is left to be questioned!

"Amazing working culture and colleagues!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I have been working at DealDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Considerate, smart and fun colleagues. Communication is really easy, even with people working remotely. Everyone loves his/her job and is passionate about what he/she does, making it much more interesting.

The management is open minded, open to change and feedback. Teams are international with people from many different places.

Really fun working culture, the company invests in the employees (conferences, company retreat, company events) and gives opportunities to learn and grow.

I love going to work every day!

Cons

Have not found any yet!

5. "Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England (UK)

Pros

Amazing team who let you get on with the work with autonomy.
    Employees encouraged to take ownership of ideas and pursue interests within the company.
    Always paid on time.

Cons

Inflexible with salary for this particular role - undervalued.

"Fun and strange"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist

Pros

Interesting and useful internship I am glad that the sex, age, race and religion have no effect on employment in the company.

Cons

No communication between employees and your believers affect on a fact are you employed or no.

Advice to Management

Behavioral interview questions are bad because that treat the job applicant as a supplicant, or someone who has to beg for the job. If a person doesn’t have great answers to these questions, that doesn’t mean they won’t make a great employee.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I worked at DealDash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DealDash's very strong company culture promotes constant learning, meritocracy, data driven decisions, and candid feedback. For people who are looking to be challenged, who want to learn, who have a "can do" attitude, and embrace data over expertise, this is the place for you. Some of the most intelligent people I have ever met, these teams are open, honest, give fantastic feedback, and are pushing everybody to constantly learn. Unlimited opportunity for growth for those who embrace the company culture, think outside the box, and who aren't afraid to take risks and fail as long as you learn from your mistakes. Truly customer centric, the customer service team is top notch and all other employees speak to customers once a week to ensure the entire company understands who our customers are.

Cons

Not a suitable place for anybody who doesn't embrace change or appreciates solidified job descriptions.

Advice to Management

The executive team could spend more time building up the operations/administrative support functions.

"Customer Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I have been working at DealDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. My work so far hear shows that efforts are respected and valued, if you have good ideas you can advance quickly in the company. It further gives you exposure to innovative business model, and ongoing formation in fields related to your work.

Cons

As a customer rep, the shifts can be either in early morning or late evening, sometimes at night. This not not a classical 9-5 position.

"A Picturesque Anomaly for Those Who Think Differently."

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist - Remote in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist - Remote in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at DealDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DealDash is the best place I've ever worked in my entire life.

There is a firm focus on freedom and entrepreneurship in decision making and problem solving - You are able to run with your ideas as long as they are viable. Mistakes are seen as learning experiences - You are never downcasted for making an error, and disagreements are welcomed.

DealDash is a group of immense combined intelligence. This truly feels like a bigger sum together then it's parts individually. Everyone here brings something unique and different to the table within the Family Environment.

I feel like I'm in an incubator of Personal Development, there's room to advance and everyday you are pushed to bring your full potential to the table.

For those who found themselves with shivers reading the chapter in Steve Jobs biography on creating the MacIntosh. That is the only way in words I can describe how I feel about my work at DealDash.

Cons

There isn't any Cons in my eyes - But when others do have concerns they are addressed quickly and changes are made.

Advice to Management

Tolerate the growing pains and stick tight and hold on to this beautiful culture as the company scales and grows.

"Perfect company for those who are not afraid of responsibility"

I have been working at DealDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DealDash is an amazing place to work at. On the one hand, it feels like working at a start-up, since every day is exciting, all the information is shared openly and you get to learn a lot of stuff on any area you're interested in (finance, logistics, marketing, development... the list is endless). On the other hand, it has the security of a financially strong company.

You can really take on any task or project you're interested in, and keep doing it as long as you deliver. Management is not afraid to delegate responsibilities, and your work definitely feels meaningful.

Cons

It can get quite hectic at times. However, management is always open to feedback and take action if workload is disproportionate.