KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dealer Car Search

Is this your company?

Dealer Car Search

Add a Review

Dealer Car Search Employee Reviews about "dealer car search"

Updated Mar 19, 2019

Found 7 of over 73 reviews

4.5
Dealer Car Search Chief Executive Officer Rick Wilson (no image)
Rick Wilson

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Management is approachable and willing to listen to concerns, and the sales teams consist of individuals who are ambitious go(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great team to work with throughout all departments.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Managers emphasize hard work & integrity.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The CEO and the VP of acquisition are some of the best in the business.(in 4 reviews)
  • "It's nice working for a company that supports their staff and gives you the opportunity to write your own paycheck.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "a) Complaint: 'A company policy where seasoned employees are forbidden to help others.'(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "dealer car search"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Warning- Do not trust the reviews

Dec 28, 2016 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros for Dealer Car Search.

Cons

Don't trust the reviews! The CEO forces employees to write only good reviews on here, and it is apparent by the lack of genuine responses. The CEO will have a refutation for this reviews, but please do not dismiss this review flippantly. I have nothing to gain from this review, my only intention is to inform future curious job seekers. STEER AWAY FROM THIS FIRM! The CEO is abusive and power hungry. He brags constantly about how well he is doing, and what he has just recently purchased. He doesn't care about employees nor does he care about the profitability of his company in the future. The retained earnings go straight to his pocket and it is not returned to the business nor the overworked employees. The platform for the Dealer Car Search is a good platform, but that doesn't come from the CEO's brain trust. I don't want to speak to harshly about the CEO or other levels of management. My biggest concern is to inform job seekers about the facade that is Dealer Car Search. Stay away from here as far as you can because the leadership is toxic. Like I said previously, I have nothing to gain from this review, I just want to be the beacon of light the for job seekers. Stay away from the CEO and stay away from Dealer Car Search.

14 people found this review helpful

Dealer Car Search Response

CEO

First of all I do not force anyone to leave any reviews. This review has been left by the same FORMER EMPLOYEE three different times. He changes up the review every time to make it look new. So if you see any other 1 star reviews on Glassdoor they all came from one person. Glassdoor needs to come up with a way to screen and verify these reviews so the public can get a true picture of what is actually going on inside a company. This person has an ax to grind with me personally and is completely misinforming folks with lies and completely false information. I reinvest large amounts of money back into the company every single month, we have substantial cash reserves, I give generous raises, I pay more than any similar company, I give back to numerous charities, Kids Cancer Alliance, Habitat for Humanity, and Homeless Shelters just to name a few, and I also give lots of money to my church. This person no idea what he is talking about.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Experience in Sales, Entrepreneurship & Online Consulting.

Jan 28, 2015 - Account Executive in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Working for a company that is highly successful and is positioned for even greater success. Products and services cater to all segments of the dealership website market and are far superior to the vast majority of competitors and in many cases more affordable. * Company continuously and vigorously reinvests its resources into developing and/or implementing cutting edge technologies, superior products & outstanding services. * For most of my career I have worked in environments where I have not been surrounded by people who inspire me to do better. In every department of the company I honestly feel that I am surrounded by some of the top people in their respective fields. * Their culture, compensation & work-life balance create the necessary balanced conditions to attract and maintain top notch talent. Working as a Sales professional I have always been amongst the top guys in every company I worked for previously. Here I am only starting to scratch the surface my sales potential (and that is a good thing). Hard work & dedication is deeply appreciated and as long as your resolve exceeds your complacency then they will do whatever it takes to help you get better. * I thought I was a great salesman until I came to work for this company. I have learned more about the art of selling in 10 months than I have in all my education and prior 16 years working in multiple and varied sales position. The CEO of the company, the VP, the senior executives and even some of the newer executives are all outstanding sales professionals who are willing to share their knowledge and help you get better every day. * As a bonus I also learned more about how to run a successful internet department for a major dealership than probably 85%-90% of the owners and Internet Managers I speak with. Not being conceited, simply that we are continuously being trained. (3 weekly 30 morning meetings that keep us fresh, focused and updated on all new events/products, trends and best practices related to our field).

Cons

I want to take the time to give the most honest and helpful insight to sales professionals considering a career at Dealer Car Search. Read all these reviews on this community and consider this; Sales is hard, and selling to people who sell for a living is harder. That being said, I love what I do and welcome the challenge. If you want a serious career in sales this is it. The Two negative reviews on this community are diametrically opposed to what the vast positive majority of reviews are saying, that to me is a red flag. The hard workers never complain, they either get it done, work until they get it done or end their employment holding their head up high knowing they gave it their utmost effort. There are a few comments from the lengthy negative response that are absolutely either a matter of personal opinion however in many cases, simply untrue. I am being as honest as possible for the benefit of future candidates, so here are the most outrageous complaints I feel the need to address: a) Complaint: 'A company policy where seasoned employees are forbidden to help others.' How I see it: ' Our most tenured Senior Executive is always available to help out on a potential client. Prior to this our VP would always mentor and assist on deals. The Senior Exec works 2/3rds of his day with newer executives to help develop them, I know because I am one of them. There is no such policy, this complaint is an utter fabrication. b) Complaints: 'Inferior service which trails other competitor offerings for less cost.', 'A market which is saturated with better equipped, friendlier competition' & 'Seasoned employees have high residual income, so lower stress' How I see it: 'Poor salesmanship followed by multiple rejections can lead to this type of rationalization, the key is to seek positivity and hard work. The complaint reeks of classic excuse making and envy. We continuously have grown in size while solidifying our market share while many of our competitors are seeking to entice customers with price and very little in terms of innovation. ' c) Complaint: 'Sales focus in script on minute details of no interest to dealers.' & 'Hours of unproductive sales meetings/yelling sessions.' How I see it: 'The employee rarely displayed enthusiasm and a true understanding of the potential of our product. If you only read the script but don't put in the time to understand how these details benefit the customer, then why should your customer express interest? The sales meetings are there for one reason, to keep us informed, on task and best of all motivated, the employee never seemed motivated in my opinion, that's on him. d) Complaint: ' An abusive, seemingly bi-polar CEO who micromanages sales' & 'I'm only here for the salary, small monthly residual, and occasional commission'. How I see it: 'CEO is very aware he pushes his employees very hard to fulfill their potential. I consider myself lucky he takes such an interest in my personal development. He is not there to be my buddy, he is there to help me sell and make money for our dealers, myself and the company, its called being an adult, the reviewer needs to grow up. The fact he was there only to collect a paycheck show his level of commitment.' e)Complaint: 'Investment in an outrageously expensive new building, higher sales goals to pay for it' & 'An early-90's boiler room management style.' How I see it: 'Employee consistently underperformed and yet was kept employed for well over a year. his quota never went up, neither did anyone else for that matter. That does not seem even remotely similar to a Boiler room style of management. f)Complaint: 'Forced harassment of car dealers' & 'Constant berating of employees by yelling/threats/emails' and 'Little to no diversity in sales force; minorities need not apply' How I see it: 'Employee is blatantly lying at this point. We are all supposedly adults and should be able to handle calling a business especially if working in sales. I was never instructed to repeat calls to a dealer who I can't close or who has asked to not be contacted. In fact the CEO is known for his motto: 'Some will, some won't, so what? Move on!' He in fact asks us to do quite the opposite and make fresh calls. I am a white Brazilian American born in England, I may be the most minor minority in the world. Race and Gender do not play a role into who is selected for the job. Working as a Sales professional I have always been one of top guys in every company I worked for. Now I am only starting to scratch the surface of my potential and that is because from the CEO down to the new executive that just started at the company, everyone to some degree or another wants to see you succeed and will do whatever they can to help you so long as your drive to succeed matches theirs. If the 30K salary is the main reason that attracted you to consider Dealer Car Search, you most probably are not the right person for the job, don't apply. If you were looking for a career in sales that is well compensated and keeps you motivated, I can't think of a better scenario. I have struggled at times to hit my numbers in these 10 initial months and I have had some really good weeks, but every time I don't hit my quota for the week, I know there was more I could have done or an area of performance that I need to improve upon to hit it the next week. At the end of the day you truly get what you put into it.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Forward thinking company & ceo

Feb 24, 2016 - Quality Assurance in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Knowing Dealer Car Search and Rick Wilson are thinking about tomorrow and never satisfied with where we are makes me proud to be a apart of his team. Time and time again I notice that Management is working after hours analyzing the company progress, this gives me great confidence that Dealer Car Search is striving for industry supremacy. Dealer Car Search has put together a strong talented team in all areas of the workplace, and invest in its employee's. Personally my job presents to me new challenges constantly, from hardware to software. This helps keeps the job satisfaction on a high level. My role allows for me to always be learning about something new, from troubleshooting hardware, to assisting in development of products & features.

Cons

Development resources were an issue but Management is addressing this area by creating a Junior Development Team that is assisting the Senior Developers with alleviating workload.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fun Place To Work

Jun 7, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dealer Car Search is a fun place to work and there are lots of great co-workers. Work hard but have fun doing it.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a very stressful environment to work in if deadlines are approaching or if things are not going well.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dealer Car Search, the best job I've ever held!

Feb 12, 2016 - Customer Service in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I head into work each day with a smile on my face, and I leave every day with another smile. Soon after I began working here, Dealer Car Search quickly became my favorite job that I've ever held. My talents were recognized, and the respect was shown. I've been told and shown on a few occasions that I'm a valued employee. Hearing that makes someone feel good about themselves. I feel good about the place I call my job. What can I say about the benefits? They are great. Top notch. Shortly after starting I had already accrued some PTO, as well as eligibility for health, dental, and vision. One of my favorites, are the cakes that are brought in each month for celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. :) There is always coffee brewing in the kitchen area, and even lunch is bought for us on occasion. A week before I started, Dealer Car Search moved into a brand new building. State of the art facility. We each have our own large work space or office, top notch conference rooms and even an upstairs walking path. I can finally say I am proud to work for a company that stands behind their employees, and what they do. I am proud to be apart of Dealer Car Search.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any downsides to working at Dealer Car Search. I am respected, my skills are recognized, and I feel as if I am apart of the bigger picture. I feel like my job leaves an impact on our customers as well as my team here at Dealer Car Search.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Tremendous Growth, Great Compensation & Culture

Jan 31, 2018 - Senior Account Executive in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dealer Car Search offers a Winning Culture, Outstanding Income Potential & Exceptional Leadership at all levels. After 4 years with the company I can affirm this is an incredible opportunity for ambitious and driven individuals. This is a top tier employer that offers all the tools for career minded professionals to attain their goals. Cutting edge technology and forward thinking from our CEO and leadership team are present in our products, customer support and culture.

Cons

Nothing that I would consider negative, sure there are challenges in meeting ambitious goals, but I see that as confidence from our leadership team in the skills and work ethic of the employees at Dealer Car Search.

3 people found this review helpful