Dealer Tire Reviews in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

3.6
Dealer Tire CEO Scott Mueller
Scott Mueller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They believe in work/life balance as well (in 8 reviews)

• Great company to work for with good benefits and a play to win attitude (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, inefficiencies galore (in 13 reviews)

• As a DBA you will work constantly with almost no work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Instructional Design"

Former Employee - HRBP in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - HRBP in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This team promotes creativity, strategic thinking and idea sharing. They have a strong customer-centric approach to project delivery.

Cons

High volume of projects but they were managed well.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the voice of the internal customer.

2. "Fast and Fun"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, Fun, Expanding, Self Empowered, beautiful new building, set in Midtown - community minded

Cons

Can't think of any - love working here

Advice to Management

Don't stop!

3. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - Intern in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire as an intern

Pros

Friendly work environment, awesome people, open culture.

Cons

I would have loved to have projects with fellow interns or have more activities where we were able to work together. Besides this, it was an amazing experience--the intern program they do have planned meetings, activities, and trips to warehouses--overall great time.

"High School Clicks in a Corporate Environment"

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that I work with were the best part of my job. We make the company. I was not micromanaged and I ability to make my own schedule. My direct manger listened to my concerns and gave advice on career development.

Cons

If you aren't in the right 'click', you'll never advance. Positions are given to favorites, most often they're not even posted or if it is posted they already have it filled with the person they want. Everything is about who's butt you're kissing to get what you want. Too much work for little and/or unequal pay.

Advice to Management

Nothing is going to change because the partners are in charge of everything. If they like you, you'll do well and succeed, if they don't you won't.

5. "Student Consultant"

Former Employee - Graduate Student in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Graduate Student in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Might be intimidating sometimes
    Slow to get information through

6. "Great Culture! Great People!"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love coming to work. The IT team is fantastic. Everybody helps each other and has fun at work. The projects are engaging and challenging. You get a big bonus during the first quarter of every year. The pay is great. Fantastic work-life balance.

Cons

It is fast-pace and it never stops. The list of initiatives is endless.

Advice to Management

We need more resources. Please hire more people.

"Lots of Pros and Cons"

Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great colleagues to work with, some of the hardest working, nicest people I've ever met. If you want a job with great benefits, that you can come in at 8 and leave at 5 (generally) this is the place for you. However, don't kid yourself that the Core Values are something management will adhere to, and don't kid yourself that you'll get promoted. They hire higher level people from outside the company rather than promote.

Cons

Your success or failure relates specifically to who your manager is, and a lot of the managers suck, are petty and play political games. I had a director tell me flat out that he didn't have to adhere to the Core Values because he was a director and he wanted his way.

Advice to Management

Get rid of dead weight, listen to the smart people you hire and let them do the job you hired them to do.

8. "Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire part-time

Pros

Great working environment
    Positive company culture/attitude
    Progressive, Forward-looking mindset
    Diverse employee community

Cons

Like with most companies, there is a steep learning curve if you're new to the industry

"Experience as an analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to start your career

Cons

Bad benefits, below market pay, no transparency in pay. Reason I left was the lack of career pathing for analysts. They prefer to hire outside talent and/or internal candidates that are connected via internal politics vs the most qualified candidates. Also poor managers who are internally connected are NEVER fired, just moved around. They bleed analyst talent. I was passed over for promotions several times despite winning several awards for my performance. Funny how a larger more respected company thought I was worthy of a promotion and a hefty salary increase at the same time, SEE YA!

Advice to Management

Too much to name.

"nonexistent communication/dead end job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very flexible, good work/life balance

Cons

promotions do not happen within certain departments. you will be in the same position for years working as a robot and making pennies. if you want someplace with a defined career path for your position, do not apply/accept a job offer. no position has a career path because vertical movement doesn't exist within the company and certain departments.

management will not communicate with you. your direct boss will only provide minimal compliments and then talk behind your back about how bad your performance really is. direct management gives you false hope that you are actually doing a great job and improving. my direct manager actually told me to my face I was improving my performance and then he fired me. most managers do not belong in a management position because they do not know how to interact with their peers and team.

if you want to be lied to and treated as a child, this is the place for you. if you don't want a successful career with a company who doesn't value your intellectual skills, this is the place you.

Advice to Management

do a better job at hiring qualified managers. being qualified goes beyond the resume. if a person is disrespectful to your face, talks behind your back, and makes comments regarding your race/gender THEY SHOULD NOT BE A MANAGER.

have a manager that actually makes sense when he/she speaks. I was told in a meeting, "your performance has improved but we're going to have to let you go". look beyond the resume and look at the individual when you hire.