Dealer Tire Reviews in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dealer Tire CEO Scott Mueller
Scott Mueller

Pros
  • Benifts are great work/life balance is excellent (in 7 reviews)

• Monthly bonuses and yearly profit sharing (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, inefficiencies galore (in 12 reviews)

• Middle management wants people in place that they can control, not people who will manage (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Culture! Great People!"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love coming to work. The IT team is fantastic. Everybody helps each other and has fun at work. The projects are engaging and challenging. You get a big bonus during the first quarter of every year. The pay is great. Fantastic work-life balance.

Cons

It is fast-pace and it never stops. The list of initiatives is endless.

Advice to Management

We need more resources. Please hire more people.

"Lots of Pros and Cons"

Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great colleagues to work with, some of the hardest working, nicest people I've ever met. If you want a job with great benefits, that you can come in at 8 and leave at 5 (generally) this is the place for you. However, don't kid yourself that the Core Values are something management will adhere to, and don't kid yourself that you'll get promoted. They hire higher level people from outside the company rather than promote.

Cons

Your success or failure relates specifically to who your manager is, and a lot of the managers suck, are petty and play political games. I had a director tell me flat out that he didn't have to adhere to the Core Values because he was a director and he wanted his way.

Advice to Management

Get rid of dead weight, listen to the smart people you hire and let them do the job you hired them to do.

3. "Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire part-time

Pros

Great working environment
    Positive company culture/attitude
    Progressive, Forward-looking mindset
    Diverse employee community

Cons

Like with most companies, there is a steep learning curve if you're new to the industry

"Experience as an analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to start your career

Cons

Bad benefits, below market pay, no transparency in pay. Reason I left was the lack of career pathing for analysts. They prefer to hire outside talent and/or internal candidates that are connected via internal politics vs the most qualified candidates. Also poor managers who are internally connected are NEVER fired, just moved around. They bleed analyst talent. I was passed over for promotions several times despite winning several awards for my performance. Funny how a larger more respected company thought I was worthy of a promotion and a hefty salary increase at the same time, SEE YA!

Advice to Management

Too much to name.

"nonexistent communication/dead end job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very flexible, good work/life balance

Cons

promotions do not happen within certain departments. you will be in the same position for years working as a robot and making pennies. if you want someplace with a defined career path for your position, do not apply/accept a job offer. no position has a career path because vertical movement doesn't exist within the company and certain departments.

management will not communicate with you. your direct boss will only provide minimal compliments and then talk behind your back about how bad your performance really is. direct management gives you false hope that you are actually doing a great job and improving. my direct manager actually told me to my face I was improving my performance and then he fired me. most managers do not belong in a management position because they do not know how to interact with their peers and team.

if you want to be lied to and treated as a child, this is the place for you. if you don't want a successful career with a company who doesn't value your intellectual skills, this is the place you.

Advice to Management

do a better job at hiring qualified managers. being qualified goes beyond the resume. if a person is disrespectful to your face, talks behind your back, and makes comments regarding your race/gender THEY SHOULD NOT BE A MANAGER.

have a manager that actually makes sense when he/she speaks. I was told in a meeting, "your performance has improved but we're going to have to let you go". look beyond the resume and look at the individual when you hire.

"Company declining and many dis-satisfied employees"

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great people.

Cons

Management plain sucks. They put people into management positions that are not qualified and as a result employee satisfaction goes down and people leave to find a better working environment. This company use to be great 8 years ago.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP!!! These reviews are REAL. Make Dealer Tire GREAT AGAIN!!

"Good People, Good Team, Good Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are great, and easy to work with. There is a strong commitment to technology and to continually improve both our skill set and what the company can do. Most people tend to stay and work for a real long time so there is a lot of continuity.

Cons

Change can be painfully slow. They are almost risk averse to a fault. We sell tires, we don't save lives. We can definitely move faster than we do. Moving up can be painfully difficult too. The downside of no one leaving is you almost have to wait for someone to die to move up.

Advice to Management

We don't need to go full on "Go fast and break things" but there is a real lack of urgency to update some of our decrepit software.

9. "Associate Web Development Programmer"

Current Intern - Associate Software Developer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Intern - Associate Software Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, and wonderful people. A lot of great minds and support. Fast paced, a little confusing as far as all the documentation you need to keep track of everything.

Cons

They require you to be a contractor for a limited time before they consider to hire you. They require a lot of documentation and project tracking, including 4 websites to log in hours and projects

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Company is innovative, culture is young, new building coming next year, flexibility in department

Cons

Salaries lower than expected

11. "Perfect for Growing"

Former Intern - Supply Chain Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - Supply Chain Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was willing to help, work was within my ability, great environment. Dealer Tire took great care in helping its interns to learn. My supervisor specifically taught me a lot.

Cons

Work can be slow, sometimes you just have to ask others what you can do rather than being handed work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You guys helped me learn a lot! Like I said, I did not always have something to do which would have helped.