Dealer.com Digital Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Digital Advisor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Dealer.com Digital Advisor Reviews

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1
Dealer.com General Manager Wayne Pastore
Wayne Pastore
0 Rating
  1. "Best place I've ever worked."

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance perks available if you can take the time to take advantage of them, great rewards for hard work accomplished (fun parties, social hours, beer Fridays, etc) and love the casual/silly work culture. There is a clear career path that excites me, and management seems interested in fostering that talent.

Cons

The expectations for the metrics of my job are often overwhelming, sometimes there is no way to know how your success will be measured. I don't feel like I can take a vacation without worrying about my workload getting out of hand.

Dealer.com2014-04-07

"Digital Advisor- Subaru of American Team"

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

gym, cafe, life team, supportive work environment, living in vermont, beach tennis, ski passes

Cons

cons: selling my soul to the auto industry, encouraging more cars on the road when I'd rather live a green life, not feeling like I was actually 'helping' anyone at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

The management is pretty great there.

Dealer.com2017-03-20

"Great place to work, client portfolios too large"

Current Employee - Digital Advisor in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beer Friday, events nearly every other week, gym onsite, smart co-workers, no micro-management. Cafe onsite. Offices all over the country.

Cons

Client load for each individual team member makes giving every account the detailed attention it needs impossible. Many employees rush through work with no attention to detail simply to say it's complete (because of the heavy caseload).

Advice to Management

Lessen the load, make career paths more visible. There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Dealer.com2016-08-28

"3.5/5.0 is very accurate, but more so 4.0 in the past and 3.0 today IMO"

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome benefits, open and tech savvy environment with fun young, coworkers. Gym, masseuse, chiropractor on site you name it. Organic cafes, beer fridays and community presence. If you are from VT you know DDC! Pay is on-par or higher end for BTV especially if you've been around a few years, may not be if you've just started but they do promote rather quickly. Business is booming, which means job security. Very little micro-management or evaluation of KPI oddly enough while I was there, a good and a bad. Definitely the best middle-management I've worked with by far. Most coworkers crush it, we play sports together and they get the job done. Many still go above and beyond for you, and then you have a drink with them after. They treat people well and treat people like they should. Overall a fun environment!

Cons

Where do I even begin? It's always been very chaotic and the work load insane however in more of it's startup days before the buy out everything was possible as long as you had a good idea or reasoning behind it. Employees had the freedom to excel and were incentivized for their hard work including quarterly and annual bonuses. Not so much anymore. Granted that it's no longer a 600 people company when I first started, it's actually 1200 internally at DDC and more like 55000 with Cox Enterprises. Although visually it looks the same, the term people are afraid to acknowledge is "corporate" as DDC got bought out not once but twice recently, it's become increasingly so in its work function. There's become more "no"s than "yes". And it's when corporate policy or politics gets involved, hindering talented individuals from moving up, or doing a stellar job and being recognized, where good talents goes away. Not to mention burn out. We always had a high churn rate, but everyone moved on up internally, a win for DDC. Although DDC is still booming, we are starting to see more churn externally. The scalability is also a word of caution as the digital marketing business is booming, and there is money in auto. Just check out NADA. However car dealers are not the most rational or pleasant to work with and have unrealistic expectations. Without being able to manage the chaos, we may lose some big clients including OEMs. Clients see Cox as a all-in-one solution, which it really isn't, at least not this point in time, integration with other sister companies and new product development has always been slow for clients and everyone in software operates independently.

Advice to Management

Hire the best talent, you do have that option still, pay them well, train them well and let them crush it. Fix products first before rolling out others and work on a true full integration of cox auto products.

Dealer.com2016-04-07

"Beware DDC was acquired and culture is very different"

Former Employee - Digital Advisor in Burlington, VT

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great fitness and Cafe at the location. The people in higher manager are great.

Cons

The middle level managers should be replaced with more progressive management style. Kind of dirty, and no privacy everyone sits in a room and are all on the phone at the same time. One of the managers is very poor, she should retire. Very negative and abusive, expect one person to do the work of 2.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the negative lower level manager, causes turn over and low employee moral. Also behavior could be considered as harassment. Clean things up, give people some more privacy so they can focus on customers.

Dealer.com2016-01-20

"DDC"

Digital Advisor

I have been working at Dealer.com

Pros

cool atmosphere, good benefits, great amenities, great people, decent upward mobility opportunity

Cons

over worked and underpaid. Company culture and employee happiness seems to be constantly declining. Expected to complete an almost impossible amount of work in a short period of time. Limitations on moving departments even if you have voiced you are not happy in your position. People often get hired for positions that pay more even though you may be equally if not more qualified than they are. Its all about who you know at this company. People are given great opportunities just because they have become buddy buddy with another higher up employee.

Dealer.com2015-09-16

"Vision vs Reality"

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, atmosphere. Many benefits, great coworkers. Fun place to be. You could not ask for more perks.

Cons

Car dealers are the worst. Thankless job, task/order taker. Leadership has a unicorns and rainbows vision for what the job should be. However, there is no chance that could be come a reality.

Advice to Management

Call it like it is, account management. Add back incentives, increase morale, get folks to stay a bit. Hire some more people, create a reason to stay. Otherwise people will continue to jump ship.

Dealer.com2015-07-09
  8. "Constantly Changing & Growing"

Digital Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dealer.com for less than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity with constant growth (acquired 2x in under 3 years) Work life balance is a priority Great benefits Friendly Team

Cons

Growing larger, losing the family-like feeling Internal communication is not the best

Dealer.com2015-07-11
  9. "You are worked very hard but get tons of benefits"

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of health and wellness benefits, has gym, tennis court, free classes. Tuition reimbursement and partnerships with universities for higher education. Good career planning if you take initiative to work with your manager.

Cons

Going through being acquired so there is some uncertainty about the future and what changes will be made. As with any company some processes need improvement to increase efficiency

Advice to Management

Share the reasons changes are being made. More consistent training for new hires.

Dealer.com2015-01-24
  10. "Great Place to work but Management Makes Poor Decisions."

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great facility, organic cafe, gym, ping pong, putt putt, Skii Passes awesome parties.

Cons

Terrible interdepartmental communication, cliques, who you know not what you know gets you promoted. Too many clients to manage and too little time. Need more employees to balance work load until then customer service will suffer.

Advice to Management

Improve Communication and improve work flow. This has started with the Digital Advisors and needs to happen in every department.

Dealer.com2013-02-15