Cover image for Dealer.com

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dealer.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

salary

Sep 4, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Burlington, VT
    Business Outlook

Pros

work-life balance, good people, learning opportunity

Cons

dont see any cons, all good

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great gig!

Aug 8, 2022 - Copywriter II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work is super flexible

Cons

The isolated nature of remote work can be a bummer.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

It's Fine

Jul 29, 2022 - UI Engineer in Burlington, VT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, nice workplace (office).

Cons

Pay. Promotions are few and far between and pay hikes with the promotions are underwhelming.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent place to work!

Jul 19, 2022 - Performance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, compensation and remote work!

Cons

None that come to mind, it’s really a great culture and place to grow.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Bad pay but good coworkers!

Jul 24, 2022 - Campaign Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The remote work, the PTO, and the people. Health insurance is fine - costly for what it is. There's a 401(k) match after 3 months of employment. A max of one week of PTO is paid out at the end of the year if you don't use all of your days. You cannot carry days into the new year, which is a bummer. However, 24 days of PTO (which is for vacation and illness) is good. They tell you they want to get you into the next role. I believe managers do want that, but it's tied into the con.

Cons

The cons are why I know 2-4 Campaign Specialists who are in the stages of seriously weighing leaving, applying to other companies, or interviewing at other companies. Those who stay will be required to work harder for the same wages while their former co-workers go on to make significantly more (50-60k) somewhere else. I don't blame them and I am waiting until the end of the year to either get a raise or jump ship. An extra 10-15k a year would go a long way in retaining employees. DDC used to be cutting edge, but it's lost that over the years. I fear they don't think they need to raise wages because they used to be the hottest company in town. They've lost that and they need to offer more if they want to retain and attract more talent. What's the point of all that vacation time if you can't afford to go on a vacation?

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not Bad, Not Great

Jun 21, 2022 - Digital Campaign Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were many Pros while working here. Everyone is willing to help each other out, really! The culture is very light, energetic, and upbeat. DDC Really tries to have fun things for us to do in order to boost morale and I really appreciated that. Cox Has great PTO, and 401k Match and the insurance is Doable. Great Place to get your feet wet in the industry.

Cons

Many Cons.. The biggest Con for me was the lack of diversity within the managed services department. As a minority, I'm used to being in spaces that don't look like me, but this was the first time I ever experienced such low diversity. It was hard to connect with the teams at times based on significant cultural barriers. I would highly suggest hiring more minorities! Now, the PAY. Extremely low, like I started out making $19... and my "Pay raise" was $1.25. For the amount of work that this job requires and technical aspects we 100% should get paid more. Also almost impossible to get promoted unless you are apart of the Burlington crew. Finding coverage for PTO is also super annoying. Lastly, the reason I ultimately left is that the Campaign Specialist job position is really a Scam. Even after reading the job description, I am confused about what the job is. The expectation of a specialist is to transition into a Campaign coordinator but they hire outside to fill that role so there are many tenured specialists "waiting" for that coordinator transition. Coordinators will abuse specialist workload and pass everything off to them. Even managers are unsure of what the specialist does, I've sat in many meetings that did not pertain to me or my job title. This position needs to be heavily restructured if they want specialists to feel productive.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

SEO

Jun 18, 2022 - Senior SEO Analyst in Burlington, VT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constently learning from peers, great culture and posative work environment

Cons

Under paid, over worked and soft leadership (SEO)

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Team and Great Benefits!

May 24, 2022 - Performance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance is fantastic. If you’re lucky enough to be in Vermont and work at the Burlington office, there are so many wonderful perks and a really great energetic feeling.

Cons

The clientele can be very difficult to work with. Being able to separate yourself a bit from the emotional side of working with car dealerships is beneficial.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work, Flexible and Opportunities to Grow

May 19, 2022 - Campaign Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

awesome culture, benefits, work-life balance

Cons

has changed significantly due to COX Auto's more corporate culture

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good for an entry level career, not so great for advancement

May 24, 2022 - Performance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for an entry level career. Insurance Benefits

Cons

Not so great for advancement. Pay bonus structure constantly has been changed. If dealerships cancel due to money and inventory issues, the employee gets marked down for it no matter what.

Dealer.com Response

VP, Ops Dealer Marketing (Websites, Managed Services, Advertising and Automotive Marketing Platform)

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Fostering an open and inclusive environment is a core focus for our company. We continue to offer enrichment to support our team members and so that each employee feels valued and supported. As our industry continually evolves, we strive to ensure our managers also continue to deepen their understanding of our business and our customers. We encourage all team members to reach out to Leadership as issues arise in order to address and resolve them. Thank you again for your feedback

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Reviews
</>Embed

Dealer.com Reviews FAQs

Dealer.com has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 347 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Dealer.com to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dealer.com employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dealer.com. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

66% of Dealer.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dealer.com 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dealer.com to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.