Dealer.com Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

0 Rating
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really care about their employees, lots of perks

Cons

I did not have any!

Dealer.com2014-11-03
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time

Pros

Great experience and coworkers at DeLer.com

Cons

Constant change and communication from upper management is lackluster.

Dealer.com2019-09-05
  3. "Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing organization with a lot of potential

Cons

Many silos of departments that didn't communicate well

Advice to Management

Drive the experience and not the numbers

Dealer.com2018-04-15

"It used to be cooler"

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For folks in Burlington, it's a solid place to land a job. Good pay, perks and people. Lots of bright and talented individuals that make great friends in and out of the office. Open work stations and environment. If you like tennis, there's a full court that is always open. Free parking too!

Cons

It used to 'be cool' to work at DDC, until they painted over those exact wors with some new corporate slogan. Lots of good people recently cut that helped build the company and the culture it was founded on. After two acquisitions, we were all placed in a sandbox together with some of our direct competitors and told to play nicely. It's been an interesting integration process to say the least!

Advice to Management

Bring back some real excitement and motivation to the company! Mark Bonfigli (original CEO) and Dean Evans (CMO) used to bring the energy to a company meeting, we'd make the walls shake but that left with their departure. It's like we were all blowing up a HUGE team balloon but then management lost hold of it and it quietly deflated as founders departed and we were left to deal with the after-party comedown. Management needs to step up and take over and get everyone to blow up that same team balloon in a concerted effort again.

Dealer.com2017-08-28
  5. "Digital Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Digital Sales Consultant in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office culture. Awesome coworkers!

Cons

Going too corporate. Difficult clients to work with

Dealer.com2017-01-02
  6. "Great culture for employees, not for clients"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people, great benefits, cool parties and great building

Cons

No sense of urgency to get things done for clients, hard to sell a company that has a reputation for not having a quick enough turn-around time. This is the car business, dealers expect everything done in minutes not weeks!

Advice to Management

It was sink or swim in sales. A little less time in orientation and a little more real world training would have been great. Also, do not hire under one pretense and change the job completely in 6 months. I didn't sign up for what I ultimately had to do so that's why I had to leave.

Dealer.com2014-03-17

"Excellent offer turns in to 5 month nightmare"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cafe is amazing, very nice facility in Burlington. You will meet some great people.

Cons

They lured me away from a 10 billion dollar company with an amazing offer back in Oct 2011. I was brought on to sell their new CRM that still seems to be in development. They give you a two week ORIENTATION and no job specific training. They want their employees to be in the dark. The senior management commented "if you need training you're the wrong person for the job". After two months everything about that amazing offer changed, still no training, charging me back for accounts they lost that I wasn't even involved in or paid for. After laying out the new pay plan the VP responsible left the country for two weeks. When I pressed them on training me and my concerns about the pay plan I was threatened and was told to shut my mouth. When I finally resigned after five months they ended up suing me for a non compete. They didnt live up to any part of my offer yet I am to be bound by a non compete? They hired me from a competitor and had no issue with that. On top of that while they are suing me for going to work elsewhere they hired a coworker directly from my new employer. They cost me and my new employer tens of thousands of dollars. Thats all behind us now and its time to collect.

Advice to Management

Your success has changed everything about you that got you to the position you are in today. The floodgates have opened on your employees and your customers.

Dealer.com2013-04-23

"Career Suicide"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great products, some of the best. - Some very great people as coworkers. - Some departments seem to have great stability and longevity. - Both Burlington and Manhattan Beach offices are amazing.

Cons

- Sales org is a sea of storm waves. - Sales org leadership is lacking at best. - Little to no proper customer service. - Constant flux and changes to comp plans, 4 different plans in 9 months. - Constant flux and changes to structure within the Sales & Customer Service organizations.

Advice to Management

Please wake up. You've been such an amazing company, until the last two years. You have lost some of your best players, hired others and lost those too, er, have pushed them away. Your sales reps should not have to be on the golf club to have and/or keep a career at Dealer. Most importantly, all of this flux just hurts the customers.

Dealer.com2013-04-22
  9. "Year and a Half review"

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment that Dealer.com has fostered has allowed me to have more success here than anywhere else in the auto space. Everyone is working toward a common goal - to provide the best products and the best service. While it's not perfect 100% of the time, and when there is an issue, everyone is open toward resolving the issue and I can get the issue resolved quickly. This is probably one of the best opportunities in Vermont.

Cons

Interdepartmental communication is still lacking a bit, but I think it's a byproduct of our growth.

Advice to Management

More parking! Buy the adjacent parcel and put in a new lot!

Dealer.com2013-03-04