Dealer's Greatest Assets Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 4, 2019

3.4
Karen Winterling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great team and managers"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bonita Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bonita Springs, FL

I have been working at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really nice here. Floor supervisors are always there to help and fellow employees are always fun to chat with. Nice break room with TV, free Breakfast EVERY Monday and Pizza Friday is done monthly. Also, really flexible with hours. I definitely feel like I have an opportunity to make this into a career.

Cons

I do not have any concerns at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

2. "Waste of Time"

I worked at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time

Pros

You can reach out to supervisors for help if you are struggling to meet metrics.

Cons

They change the metrics by which they grade and pay you frequently.

Extremely menial and boring.

3. "Call Center Agent"

I have been working at Dealer's Greatest Assets part-time

Pros

Choose your own schedule, convenient for school schedule and working from home

Cons

Pay rate, management is terrible and easily can get laid off

4. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

I have been working at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best family owned business you could ever imagine working for. The opportunity this company gives you to succeed and grow within is astounding. Everyone here is extremely friendly and helpful. The culture and environment you experience the second you walk through the door. It is friendly, close knit, caring, and overall just the most amazing place you could work. There is breakfast every Monday along with pizza Fridays. Management here really takes care of you and takes the time to really get to know you. If you are looking for a job you might be able to make into a career here is the place to start.

Cons

Back to back phone calls when you are an agent, but it is so fast passed that the day just flies by. Training needs to be much longer but they are working on that. Besides that there is really not much else negative you can say about the company.

Advice to Management

Extend the training, buildup the management, and prove why you will be the best B D C call center in america.

5. "The job was easy"

I worked at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time

Pros

Decent pay, flexible hours, co-workers

Cons

favoritism, training was too short, call volume and pace is ridiculous because the scripting and volume of incoming calls create a high-stress environment that will bring productivity down.

Advice to Management

Hire less, train more. Pizza day is a great day to have company meetings.

6. "Great work experience"

Current Employee - Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Dealer's Greatest Assets part-time

Pros

I am a college student working from my dorm. working as a virtual agent may be scary for some people but at DGA you'll get the help needed to succeed. I haven't been working here for a long time, therefore i do have a lot of question in regards of scheduling appointments, however the floor leads and management had answered my questions fast and accurately .

Management is very helpful when it comes to your schedule. They are understandable and will work things out with you.

The company is growing very fast and i'm sure i will personally grow along with them to help them they way they have helped me.

Cons

You will get call after call through your shift but don't worry because time will pass by extremely fast.

Advice to Management

Keep getting better.

7. "Call Center Reps get Fed up Quickly"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great entry level position for those who are friendly with good phone etiquette who interested in customer service and possibly working in the automotive industry. Also, a good job for those re-entering the work force after retirement or having children. Easy job if you are good a following directions and sticking to a script. Free coffee, pizza Friday, free breakfast Monday's, and holiday parties. The training program is excellent.

Cons

The starting pay is lousy with not very many benefits. Turn over is high, agents are constantly cycling in and out and morale is low. It's easy to move up but, if seen quite a few of them get quit, get fired, or demoted if they make a mistake. People get bored and disenchanted quickly. You are critiqued almost daily on your phone calls but, after being employed there for well over 8 months as well as being among the top agents, I was never once evaluated in order be considered for a pay raise which was promised would occur every 90 days. There isn't much downtime particularly if you are hybrid and do both inbound and outbound calls in part because they are perpetually under-staffed in order to handle the work load. Many of the strong agents who are efficient fully trained move up are off the phones with in a year but, a majority of them leave the company. You are not compensated for using bathroom and if you don't go into ready mode with in 20-30 seconds after a call has ended. The policies constantly change.

Advice to Management

Be more honest and forthright when during the hiring process. Also, worry about retaining enough agents in the Call Center to handle the current work load before taking on new accounts.

"Call Center Representative"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing I can say, that will be nice .

Cons

Give people clear cut reasons for decisions you make. It's pathetic I was hired under false pretenses, like how does the handbook change everyday. You literally have suck up to move up , and that's not something I am going to do. When you do move up the pay is still pathetic. Also what happened to a workplace environment everybody is in a relationship with everyone. Half the Employees are high most of the time, it's just a horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Better Indeed ads! The lies you guys tell.

9. "Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a bit much to take in at first but after a few weeks it was very easy. Extremly friendly staff. Breakfast every monday. Pizza every other friday. The pay is alright at first but you do get raises very often.. Unfortunately I had to relocate and they couldnt hire in the state I was in so we had to part ways. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in the auto industry. They teach you everything you need to know to work at any car dealership.

Cons

Doesnt hire virtual agents in my current state.

Advice to Management

I know you guys are growing rapidly. When you are able to hire in Texas, PLEASE let me know :)

10. "Decent, comfortable, Call Center position"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Dealer's Greatest Assets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Expectations are clear for Call Center Agents, overall the job very simple and finite if you stick to the scripts/formats while making and taking calls for over 200 car dealerships nationwide.
    -There are frequent opportunities for promotion from within for Call Center Agents.
    -There are oppurtuities for overtime and to earn performance based bonuses.
    -What better way to boost morale than with food? There's free coffee everyday. There are frequent pot luck meals, a monthly pizza party, and bagels once a week.
    -In house staff never has to work Sundays and has some holidays off
    -There are oppurtunitues to work from as a Virtual Agent
    -2 paid designated breaks for agents each day as well as an unpaid 30 minute lunch, work day is comprised of 8.5 hours instead of 9. Management is understanding that employees need meals and breaks in order to rejunventate and maximize their productivity.
    -Saturdays are on a rotational basis
    -Excellent work, life balance
    -Training is paid and there is a strong emphasis on comprehensive on the job training with continuing coaching to help agents grow

Cons

-Starting wages are not excellent however the wages are comparatively higher than in the retail and Resturant business especially because the pay is steady. The oppurtuinty for a pay raise occurs after first 30 days and every 90 days afterwards.

-If someone is not accustomed to repetetion and being sedentary for 8 hours/day this job could be rather boring and tedious for them

-This may not be the place for someone who won't be able to handle constructive criticism from supervisors and customers who might be a little impolite or impatient

Advice to Management

No complaints, keep up the good work!