DealerRater Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 3, 2017

5.0
Jamie Oldershaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Environment to Work in"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are by far the best reason to work at DealerRater. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The environment is relaxed and fun which make it easier to do your hardest work without feeling unnecessary pressure. It makes a difference to the clients when they are dealing with a happy customer service person. Management, when I left, were down to earth and showed compassion for it's employees. The pay was good and even the dealer clients became my friends.

Cons

The commute is a major con. I would be back there now if the commute getting there didn't take me an hour plus.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your're doing and listening to your employees. Trust that your employees know best as they are on the front line talking to the clients everyday.

"Competitive salary, excellent work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience, great working environment

Cons

nothing really well these are five words

"Awesome Job"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

The size of the company allows for collaboration with people in departments that might not be available in a larger office. Work/life balance is great, any concerns or ideas that are brought to management are met with genuine interest and feedback. I've always felt that my voice is heard, which is incredibly important and that the company has the best interest of the staff in mind.

Cons

There aren't a lot of cons, to be honest. Some of the integration issues with the Cars acquisition can be annoying, but having been through other acquisitions I know that's normal. We've had it pretty good so far.

"Great company to work at"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Dealerrater is a great company to work at. Most of the employees are nice and friendly. Management has no complains with the flexible schedule of their employees as long as the work is completed in time. The company provides lunch to employees each Monday and hosts happy hour once or twice a month. The company also has a matching 401K plan up to certain %. The office is located by the side of Charles river and there is a river walk.

Cons

I do not see much downsides of the company so far. With some of the management activities shifted to the HQ Chicago, some of the process might not be as smooth as it used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I hope the acquisition of the Dealerrater by Cars.com does not undermine the core values of the Dealerrater and its employees.

5. "Great company, Amazing People"

Pros

- The people you work with are some of the best.
    - The Compensation and Benefits offered are incredible
    - Office culture is relaxed but professional.
    - Plenty of room to grow and progress your career as long as you work hard for it.

Cons

- Some departments are not held to the same standard as others.
    - At times, senior management can seem like they don't care as much about those below them.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep considering the ideas of those who interact with the customer on a daily basis.

Aug 16, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It delights me to see your positive comments about our people, compensation, benefits, office culture and career growth opportunity since we have worked very... More

6. "Its an awesome place. I love my job."

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here as contractor then became full time. They offered generous salary while taking me as full time employee. I don't need to negotiate. Salary is based on market and experience. As part of highly advanced and intelligent people in dev team..i enjoy my job. I always get to learn something new which is exciting. Managers are generous and flexible. I never felt hungry at office.. :-) Because there is a snack rack in the kitchen stocked up with healthy snacks. There is free GYM. There is river side walk behind the building with spectacular view where i always go for a walk when outside temperatures are good . Its a great place to learn and enjoy your work.

Cons

Only concern is..building is cold. Might be because of high ceilings!!

Apr 13, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

I love your tag line and agree that this is an awesome place and love my job! I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your experience transitioning from contractor to full time team member. We... More

7. "DXT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Innovative Growing Company
    Talented People
    Advanced Technology
    Great Benefits and 401K

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons ;)

Advice to Management

Change means Growth

Mar 25, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on Glassdoor. The DXT team is going through a lot of exciting changes right now and I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience.... More

"Love my job"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

I started working here less than a year ago and in all honesty, I was a little hesitant to accept my offer based on other reviews I read on Glassdoor. What ultimately convinced me were the people I met during my interview process. In the end, the job I was interviewing for seemed to match the job description, and my wants, very well, and the people I met seemed genuine and exciting. I can say with the utmost confidence, I love my job at DealerRater. I've read other reviews and just don't see what others have seen. The work that I'm doing is exciting and cutting edge. I'm working with awesome people in many different stages of their careers. The office environment is fun and engaging. And the work I do matters. I'm not getting paid for this review, I don't work in HR, and I'm not in a managerial position. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and like I said, I've been here for less than a year. I can only assume the negative reviews here were left prior to some major changes that had to have taken place. Because I don't regret my decision to work here one bit.

Cons

The temperature in the office could be regulated a little better.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent. It's always nice to see an office where management trusts its employees sensitive information.

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. I'm so glad to hear you have had a good experience during your first year. Thank you also for pointing out that you are not in a... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

I've been at DealerRater for 3 months now and really enjoy working here. I think it really comes down to the leadership team and our office culture, in addition to liking what I do and knowing there are opportunities for growth.

- Amazing leadership team: Our leadership team works great together and are always in the office to answer questions. I feel comfortable asking any director, VP, or our CEO any job related questions or just about how their weekend went. They truly make the office a great place to work.
    - Office culture: Weekly catered lunches on Monday's, monthly happy hours, stocked snack rack and fresh fruit, and great events such as our holiday party in Boston or our 2016 kickoff meeting (we went to F1 racing last Friday!) Everyone here is friendly and great to work with. I can't wait for more Fitbit office challenges and for a kickball league in the spring.

Cons

I have no complains and have really enjoyed working here so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! It's just as important to hear feedback on the things people are enjoying so we know what to continue as it is the for improvement feedback. We... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, training and leading product in exciting space, company is very transparent and fast moving. Excellent place to make an impact and become a big fish in a small pond in month one.

Cons

Tolerated underperforming employees in different roles and departments. It is hard for entry level employees to see a realistic path to growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and allow the open door policies and open communication glow.

Sep 23, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at DealerRater! We have made some recent leadership changes and are eager to focus on putting more formal learning and development programs in... More