DealerRater Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DealerRater Chief Executive Officer Gary Tucker
Gary Tucker

1. "Great company to work at"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Dealerrater is a great company to work at. Most of the employees are nice and friendly. Management has no complains with the flexible schedule of their employees as long as the work is completed in time. The company provides lunch to employees each Monday and hosts happy hour once or twice a month. The company also has a matching 401K plan up to certain %. The office is located by the side of Charles river and there is a river walk.

Cons

I do not see much downsides of the company so far. With some of the management activities shifted to the HQ Chicago, some of the process might not be as smooth as it used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I hope the acquisition of the Dealerrater by Cars.com does not undermine the core values of the Dealerrater and its employees.

2. "Its an awesome place. I love my job."

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here as contractor then became full time. They offered generous salary while taking me as full time employee. I don't need to negotiate. Salary is based on market and experience. As part of highly advanced and intelligent people in dev team..i enjoy my job. I always get to learn something new which is exciting. Managers are generous and flexible. I never felt hungry at office.. :-) Because there is a snack rack in the kitchen stocked up with healthy snacks. There is free GYM. There is river side walk behind the building with spectacular view where i always go for a walk when outside temperatures are good . Its a great place to learn and enjoy your work.

Cons

Only concern is..building is cold. Might be because of high ceilings!!

Apr 13, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

I love your tag line and agree that this is an awesome place and love my job! I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your experience transitioning from contractor to full time team member. We ... More

3. "DXT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Innovative Growing Company
    Talented People
    Advanced Technology
    Great Benefits and 401K

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons ;)

Advice to Management

Change means Growth

Mar 25, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on Glassdoor. The DXT team is going through a lot of exciting changes right now and I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience. ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

I've been at DealerRater for 3 months now and really enjoy working here. I think it really comes down to the leadership team and our office culture, in addition to liking what I do and knowing there are opportunities for growth.

- Amazing leadership team: Our leadership team works great together and are always in the office to answer questions. I feel comfortable asking any director, VP, or our CEO any job related questions or just about how their weekend went. They truly make the office a great place to work.
    - Office culture: Weekly catered lunches on Monday's, monthly happy hours, stocked snack rack and fresh fruit, and great events such as our holiday party in Boston or our 2016 kickoff meeting (we went to F1 racing last Friday!) Everyone here is friendly and great to work with. I can't wait for more Fitbit office challenges and for a kickball league in the spring.

Cons

I have no complains and have really enjoyed working here so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! It's just as important to hear feedback on the things people are enjoying so we know what to continue as it is the for improvement feedback. We ... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, training and leading product in exciting space, company is very transparent and fast moving. Excellent place to make an impact and become a big fish in a small pond in month one.

Cons

Tolerated underperforming employees in different roles and departments. It is hard for entry level employees to see a realistic path to growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and allow the open door policies and open communication glow.

Sep 23, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at DealerRater! We have made some recent leadership changes and are eager to focus on putting more formal learning and development programs in ... More

"Excellent Company Positioned for High Performance and Growth"

Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

Pros

DealerRater is a fantastic company. It is laser focused on providing a superior product and service to its customers and it is predominantly filled with people who consistently go above and beyond. Sure, there are long hours, but the company makes real effort to help with work/life balance. Weekly lunches, a free and fully stocked snack bar, an incredible work environment with an onsite gym (in the Watch Factory in Waltham), and a new summer program that allows for "Flex Fridays." Basically, every other week you get 5 days of work completed in 4 days and then take that Friday off. Excellent benefits, too. Culture is relaxed but intense, and overall, fun. A priority is placed on training and personal development.

Great people, great products.

Cons

Can't really think of much in terms of downside. Worst I can come up with is sometimes the traffic in Waltham can be rough, but it's not too bad.

8. "Great company, Amazing People"

Pros

- The people you work with are some of the best.
    - The Compensation and Benefits offered are incredible
    - Office culture is relaxed but professional.
    - Plenty of room to grow and progress your career as long as you work hard for it.

Cons

- Some departments are not held to the same standard as others.
    - At times, senior management can seem like they don't care as much about those below them.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep considering the ideas of those who interact with the customer on a daily basis.

Aug 16, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It delights me to see your positive comments about our people, compensation, benefits, office culture and career growth opportunity since we have worked very ... More

"Love my job"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

I started working here less than a year ago and in all honesty, I was a little hesitant to accept my offer based on other reviews I read on Glassdoor. What ultimately convinced me were the people I met during my interview process. In the end, the job I was interviewing for seemed to match the job description, and my wants, very well, and the people I met seemed genuine and exciting. I can say with the utmost confidence, I love my job at DealerRater. I've read other reviews and just don't see what others have seen. The work that I'm doing is exciting and cutting edge. I'm working with awesome people in many different stages of their careers. The office environment is fun and engaging. And the work I do matters. I'm not getting paid for this review, I don't work in HR, and I'm not in a managerial position. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and like I said, I've been here for less than a year. I can only assume the negative reviews here were left prior to some major changes that had to have taken place. Because I don't regret my decision to work here one bit.

Cons

The temperature in the office could be regulated a little better.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent. It's always nice to see an office where management trusts its employees sensitive information.

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. I'm so glad to hear you have had a good experience during your first year. Thank you also for pointing out that you are not in a ... More

10. "Accounting Department"

Pros

Working for this team changed my life and opened doors for me that I couldn't have imagined. I am sincerely grateful for the management in this team, specifically Dana, who gave me the chance to start my career in accounting. Not only did they take care of me, they taught me everything I know. If you work for this team, consider yourself lucky as they don't take in everyone. They will take care of you and teach you things that are required for a future accountant.

Cons

Some meetings weren't necessary and the trophy award based off performance were kind of off. Thank god Dana gave us our own performance reviews because she knew about the hard work accounting actually did.

"Amazing company"

Pros

I still would not change a thing about the experience. There are no mistakes only experiences. It is a private company run by a visionary so if his vision does not match my own and the efforts I put in, it was best we parted ways.

Unfortunately, and sadly enough if the management is not doing it intentionally it is quite telling about the culture created to see all the success franchise markets have while you bask in the glory of looking for a crumb or two - not of pizza though - thankfully there is enough of that to relieve frustration.

Cons

I wonder though if the CEO and owner realize the incessant rubbing of ones nose in others' victories in the franchise market is not really affirming and breeds contempt against those who do less intense work or come and go at their leisure but poke fun at you.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words - mine as well as yours.