DealerRater Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
DealerRater Chief Executive Officer Gary Tucker
Gary Tucker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. ""A breath of fresh air""

Pros

Waking up every morning and actually enjoying going to work. After working for Corporate America where you are just a number, DealerRater treats it's employees like valued contributors who are recognized for a job well done. There is excellent chemistry among the employees at DealerRater and a great sense of camaraderie.

Cons

The commute can really be a hassle at times. But hey, I'd rather have to drive a little to get to a job then not have a job at all.

Advice to Management

None.

"Leading edge, forward-thinking and fast growing company."

Current Employee - Humbled Contributor
    Current Employee - Humbled Contributor

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fast growing company that has many new employees this year. This is a company that very frequently promotes from within creating new career opportunities at a quick pace. The culture allows some structure while allowing employees to expand their creative talents. The company is well respected in the market and industry.

Cons

The building is so cool to work in, I love coming to work everyday. Being a nicely renovated older building creates temperature variances that require having a sweater handy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing upper management. The focus on growth will allow others and myself to advance our careers, compensation and utilize our talents.

"Love my job at DealerRater"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

I've been working at DealerRater over 3 years. The people are hard working, fun and inspiring. There's the ability to grow into new roles and we have a suggestion box that is taken very seriously. Management is always willing to listen to new ideas and they care about my growth and happiness.

Cons

It's a beautiful old building, very retro, with high ceilings, so it can get rather chilly in the building.

"Amazing company"

Pros

I still would not change a thing about the experience. There are no mistakes only experiences. It is a private company run by a visionary so if his vision does not match my own and the efforts I put in, it was best we parted ways.

Unfortunately, and sadly enough if the management is not doing it intentionally it is quite telling about the culture created to see all the success franchise markets have while you bask in the glory of looking for a crumb or two - not of pizza though - thankfully there is enough of that to relieve frustration.

Cons

I wonder though if the CEO and owner realize the incessant rubbing of ones nose in others' victories in the franchise market is not really affirming and breeds contempt against those who do less intense work or come and go at their leisure but poke fun at you.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words - mine as well as yours.

5. "Accounting Department"

Pros

Working for this team changed my life and opened doors for me that I couldn't have imagined. I am sincerely grateful for the management in this team, specifically Dana, who gave me the chance to start my career in accounting. Not only did they take care of me, they taught me everything I know. If you work for this team, consider yourself lucky as they don't take in everyone. They will take care of you and teach you things that are required for a future accountant.

Cons

Some meetings weren't necessary and the trophy award based off performance were kind of off. Thank god Dana gave us our own performance reviews because she knew about the hard work accounting actually did.

"Excellent Company Positioned for High Performance and Growth"

Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

Pros

DealerRater is a fantastic company. It is laser focused on providing a superior product and service to its customers and it is predominantly filled with people who consistently go above and beyond. Sure, there are long hours, but the company makes real effort to help with work/life balance. Weekly lunches, a free and fully stocked snack bar, an incredible work environment with an onsite gym (in the Watch Factory in Waltham), and a new summer program that allows for "Flex Fridays." Basically, every other week you get 5 days of work completed in 4 days and then take that Friday off. Excellent benefits, too. Culture is relaxed but intense, and overall, fun. A priority is placed on training and personal development.

Great people, great products.

Cons

Can't really think of much in terms of downside. Worst I can come up with is sometimes the traffic in Waltham can be rough, but it's not too bad.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, training and leading product in exciting space, company is very transparent and fast moving. Excellent place to make an impact and become a big fish in a small pond in month one.

Cons

Tolerated underperforming employees in different roles and departments. It is hard for entry level employees to see a realistic path to growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and allow the open door policies and open communication glow.

Sep 23, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at DealerRater! We have made some recent leadership changes and are eager to focus on putting more formal learning and development programs in... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

I've been at DealerRater for 3 months now and really enjoy working here. I think it really comes down to the leadership team and our office culture, in addition to liking what I do and knowing there are opportunities for growth.

- Amazing leadership team: Our leadership team works great together and are always in the office to answer questions. I feel comfortable asking any director, VP, or our CEO any job related questions or just about how their weekend went. They truly make the office a great place to work.
    - Office culture: Weekly catered lunches on Monday's, monthly happy hours, stocked snack rack and fresh fruit, and great events such as our holiday party in Boston or our 2016 kickoff meeting (we went to F1 racing last Friday!) Everyone here is friendly and great to work with. I can't wait for more Fitbit office challenges and for a kickball league in the spring.

Cons

I have no complains and have really enjoyed working here so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! It's just as important to hear feedback on the things people are enjoying so we know what to continue as it is the for improvement feedback. We... More

"Love my job"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

I started working here less than a year ago and in all honesty, I was a little hesitant to accept my offer based on other reviews I read on Glassdoor. What ultimately convinced me were the people I met during my interview process. In the end, the job I was interviewing for seemed to match the job description, and my wants, very well, and the people I met seemed genuine and exciting. I can say with the utmost confidence, I love my job at DealerRater. I've read other reviews and just don't see what others have seen. The work that I'm doing is exciting and cutting edge. I'm working with awesome people in many different stages of their careers. The office environment is fun and engaging. And the work I do matters. I'm not getting paid for this review, I don't work in HR, and I'm not in a managerial position. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and like I said, I've been here for less than a year. I can only assume the negative reviews here were left prior to some major changes that had to have taken place. Because I don't regret my decision to work here one bit.

Cons

The temperature in the office could be regulated a little better.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent. It's always nice to see an office where management trusts its employees sensitive information.

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. I'm so glad to hear you have had a good experience during your first year. Thank you also for pointing out that you are not in a... More

10. "DXT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Innovative Growing Company
    Talented People
    Advanced Technology
    Great Benefits and 401K

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons ;)

Advice to Management

Change means Growth

Mar 25, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on Glassdoor. The DXT team is going through a lot of exciting changes right now and I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience.... More