DealerRater Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DealerRater Chief Executive Officer Gary Tucker
Gary Tucker

1. "Great company to work at"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Dealerrater is a great company to work at. Most of the employees are nice and friendly. Management has no complains with the flexible schedule of their employees as long as the work is completed in time. The company provides lunch to employees each Monday and hosts happy hour once or twice a month. The company also has a matching 401K plan up to certain %. The office is located by the side of Charles river and there is a river walk.

Cons

I do not see much downsides of the company so far. With some of the management activities shifted to the HQ Chicago, some of the process might not be as smooth as it used to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I hope the acquisition of the Dealerrater by Cars.com does not undermine the core values of the Dealerrater and its employees.

2. "Great company, Amazing People"

Pros

- The people you work with are some of the best.
    - The Compensation and Benefits offered are incredible
    - Office culture is relaxed but professional.
    - Plenty of room to grow and progress your career as long as you work hard for it.

Cons

- Some departments are not held to the same standard as others.
    - At times, senior management can seem like they don't care as much about those below them.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep considering the ideas of those who interact with the customer on a daily basis.

Aug 16, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It delights me to see your positive comments about our people, compensation, benefits, office culture and career growth opportunity since we have worked very ... More

3. "Its an awesome place. I love my job."

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here as contractor then became full time. They offered generous salary while taking me as full time employee. I don't need to negotiate. Salary is based on market and experience. As part of highly advanced and intelligent people in dev team..i enjoy my job. I always get to learn something new which is exciting. Managers are generous and flexible. I never felt hungry at office.. :-) Because there is a snack rack in the kitchen stocked up with healthy snacks. There is free GYM. There is river side walk behind the building with spectacular view where i always go for a walk when outside temperatures are good . Its a great place to learn and enjoy your work.

Cons

Only concern is..building is cold. Might be because of high ceilings!!

Apr 13, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

I love your tag line and agree that this is an awesome place and love my job! I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your experience transitioning from contractor to full time team member. We ... More

5. "From a Dev Perspective"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The VP of Technology is among the best supervisors I've ever had. His door is (actually) almost always open to talk about things. Suggestions for improvement are heard and often given the green light if you can back up your suggestions with a plan or proof.

There's a solid hiring process to make sure we have great people on our team.

Agile development process. Sprint retrospectives (2 weeks). Regular planning and estimation meetings (so you're not stuck in a single massive meeting every week or two)

Bonus structure for devs is good.

Passes all but 2 (#8 and #12) of the "Joel On Software Test" questions.

The personalities on the dev and product development teams are great, it's a wonderfully positive working environment.

Weekly "town hall" style meetings let everyone know how we're doing and where things are headed.

The Waltham area offers plenty of options for lunch/dining. This includes Moody or Main Street. If you're like myself, and you like stepping out of the office for lunch.

Cons

You accept certain cons as a dev when you join a small company. One of them is the lack of vertical advancement. Fortunately that's offset by the ability to expand your skill set with other newer technologies.

The dev area is located right next to the kitchen (speaking of Joel question #8 above).

Advice to Management

The goal/milestone structure you have in place works great. It lets me know that management is actively thinking about how to improve things internally as well as for my own personal growth. Don't be skimpy with vacation (commensurate with experience level). Offer equity to development staff.

Apr 6, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience here at DealerRater. It's great to hear your stellar recommendation for our VP of IT. We are very lucky to have him here on ... More

6. "DXT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Innovative Growing Company
    Talented People
    Advanced Technology
    Great Benefits and 401K

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons ;)

Advice to Management

Change means Growth

Mar 25, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on Glassdoor. The DXT team is going through a lot of exciting changes right now and I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience. ... More

"Updated situation at DealerRater"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to develop inside sales skills, ongoing training opportunities, desire on the part of management to improve and maintain a welcoming, professional work environment. Some terrific benefits; 4% match and immediate vesting in 401K plan. This company tries to get better every day.

Cons

Base salary and quota-based additional compensation below par (though recently improved). Sales has a limited career arc though several changes over the past year (team leads, creation of "senior RAM" position) offer more options than before.

Advice to Management

Accelerate the pace of improving overall compensation. Continue the "professionalization" of key positions within the company (as has been happening over the past year).

Feb 5, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback on many of the changes that have taken place recently here at DealerRater. As you mentioned, we did recently increase our base compensation for sales roles. We will ... More

"Love my job"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

I started working here less than a year ago and in all honesty, I was a little hesitant to accept my offer based on other reviews I read on Glassdoor. What ultimately convinced me were the people I met during my interview process. In the end, the job I was interviewing for seemed to match the job description, and my wants, very well, and the people I met seemed genuine and exciting. I can say with the utmost confidence, I love my job at DealerRater. I've read other reviews and just don't see what others have seen. The work that I'm doing is exciting and cutting edge. I'm working with awesome people in many different stages of their careers. The office environment is fun and engaging. And the work I do matters. I'm not getting paid for this review, I don't work in HR, and I'm not in a managerial position. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and like I said, I've been here for less than a year. I can only assume the negative reviews here were left prior to some major changes that had to have taken place. Because I don't regret my decision to work here one bit.

Cons

The temperature in the office could be regulated a little better.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent. It's always nice to see an office where management trusts its employees sensitive information.

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. I'm so glad to hear you have had a good experience during your first year. Thank you also for pointing out that you are not in a ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

I've been at DealerRater for 3 months now and really enjoy working here. I think it really comes down to the leadership team and our office culture, in addition to liking what I do and knowing there are opportunities for growth.

- Amazing leadership team: Our leadership team works great together and are always in the office to answer questions. I feel comfortable asking any director, VP, or our CEO any job related questions or just about how their weekend went. They truly make the office a great place to work.
    - Office culture: Weekly catered lunches on Monday's, monthly happy hours, stocked snack rack and fresh fruit, and great events such as our holiday party in Boston or our 2016 kickoff meeting (we went to F1 racing last Friday!) Everyone here is friendly and great to work with. I can't wait for more Fitbit office challenges and for a kickball league in the spring.

Cons

I have no complains and have really enjoyed working here so far!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Jan 26, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! It's just as important to hear feedback on the things people are enjoying so we know what to continue as it is the for improvement feedback. We ... More

"Regional Account Manager"

I have been working at DealerRater full-time

Pros

Not many. Good Benefits that start from day one.

Cons

Very poor training. In addition sales team leads are not from any management background. Offer always state 8:30 to 5. Not possible when the entire country is ran from one location, time zone changes make that not possible. In addition, if you enter in more than 40 hours it is considered a violation that can lead to termination.

Advice to Management

Put team leads in to management courses. In addition inform people of their territory prior to hiring so that they can understand what hours they really will be working.

Nov 23, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are currently investing and dedicating many resources to training and development, particularly with supervisory level roles which includes ... More

"Fake glass door reviews"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager Inside Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager Inside Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

honestly-nothing. This place only cares about their upper management and executive team and could care less about the people who actually do the hard work.

Cons

-management
    -pay
    -benefits
    -co-workers
    -program
    -gym
    -dishonest employees who leave FAKE positive reviews on this site to distract viewers from seeing the REAL issues at hand in the REAL reviews

Advice to Management

open your eyes to what you are doing to your current and past employees. you are only harming your reputation by further LYING and covering up the real issues at hand by paying off current employees to leave positive reviews on this website.

Sep 25, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

I think it's important for employees to have an opportunity to voice their frustrations and opinions in order to have a truly engaged organization. Feedback needs to flow in all directions to have a ... More