DealerSocket Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jonathan Ord

Pros
Cons
  • Health insurance cost is too high and no 401k match (in 16 reviews)

• They should consider a 401k match (in 25 reviews)

"Strong Position in the Automotive Space"

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

DealerSocket is in a strong position with their products to compete at a very high level. Work/life balance is pretty decent. Work near the beach/opposite traffic on the 5 freeway!

Cons

A lot of red tape can cause things to move very slow. Benefit package is probably the worst I've seen in a long time with the exception of time-off.

2. "Once great in California."

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has steadily been growing from 500 employees in 2014 to over 1,000+ in 2016. Employee can be proud to be part of Leader in the automotive space. The C-Level team appears to have a sincere desire in the promotion of their employees as well as clients.

Cons

The fast growth has resulted in mass exodus of positions originally housed in California.

3. "Performance Advisor"

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Full suite of dealership management tools

Cons

Limited engagement with upper management, leaving you unsure if your hard work is noticed

"Low Wages, Highly Disorganized, Terrible Internal Communication/Lack of Transparency"

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Awesome co-workers, fun events, can wear street clothes

Cons

Extremely low salaries & raises, no incentive for people who have been with the company for years, extremely disorganized, TERRIBLE communication, poor training for new employees, utter lack of transparency, lack of appreciation for hard work, always pushing for more out of already overworked, severely underpaid employees, bonus metrics based on factors out of employee's control, low employee morale, unhappy customers, a lot of things fall through the cracks, poorly trained sales teams.

Advice to Management

1. FOCUS MORE ON EMPLOYEES - A significant amount employees in a multitude of areas are more unhappy with their job, work load and compensation than you think - they're just too polite to verbalize it after seeing how similar discussions were handled with other co-workers. PLEASE start to put more effort in to your employee's happiness, compensation and work/life balance. Happy employees yield happy customers which will increase retention. DON'T be afraid to invest money and time back in to your employees.

2. IMPLEMENT FAIR COMPENSATION - We know a salary analyst came in. We know their results determined that many departments were astronomically underpaid (by 20-30k). PLEASE don't risk losing good employees over spending a few extra bucks. Not worth it in the long run and for the health of the company. Too many good people have already left.

3. STOP THE FAVORITISM - It's quite obvious that employees who make the company money directly are favored; it's apparent in the company emails, calls, etc. Don't tell non client-facing employees to sell products, it's absurd and embarrassing. Appreciate each employee fairly for what they bring to the table in their respective role. Not everything is about sales and money.

4. NO MORE ACQUISITIONS - Please refrain from more acquisitions for a while and focus on integrating the companies that you already have. Everything is a mess right now and needs attention before adding more chaos to it.

5. WORK ON TRANSPARENCY/COMMUNICATION - We're your employees. We work for YOU. You need to be honest and open with us and talk to us about things that are going on or will happen in the future. Leaving people in the dark leads to fear, rumors, etc. and only adds fuel to the fire that's already started with the other issues mentioned above.

Bottom Line - You have a lot of very unhappy employees.

6. "Director"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DealerSocket is a great place to work and am so thankful for my role every day. I am constantly impressed with the thought leadership among our Executive team and upper management.

Is everything perfect at all times? No, we have some work to do. However, driven colleagues and clear project direction help us manage risk, communicate impact and ultimately come through for our customers. The team interaction is excellent between departments and I feel my voice is always heard.

Our customers are first. We have a treasure trove of experienced people that are constantly looking at feedback from our customers in order to make sure their needs are met and when they are not met, we go to work!

We have an executive team that is willing to make the tough decisions in order to grow the business and ensure the customer experience is in the forefront of the minds of everyone.

Our mission statement drives us and we are growing! Our cultural values speak volumes to the community you will find here.

You can expect quarterly goals and reviews which keep us on track. What gets measured gets done!

Come join us!

Cons

Improve goal tracking software for quarterly reviews.

Advice to Management

Continue to cross train teams on job functions

7. "Awesome"

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

fun, cool people, good management, forward thinking

Cons

always changing, management always changing

8. "Project manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Environment, Great people to work with, Some growth.

Cons

No 401k Match, Shoddy benefits. Unclear direction of pay for new positions

Advice to Management

More Transparency

"Great people, poor leadership"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Clemente, CA

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some extremely skilled people working for Dealersocket. Overall, some of the best I've worked with, and and most of them try very hard to accomplish their goals.

Also, there are bagels every Friday.

Cons

The only way to advance is to get in good with the right people. And those people might change. Also, even with the new goal tracking system, the direction and results of those goals is very vague. . It's pretty much a black box where you actually don't know where you stand.

Pay is lower than other companies for similar positions.

Benefits are an absolute joke, from PTO to medical coverage.

Advice to Management

None, other than might be a good idea to warn off potential hires.

"Great People, but Serious Culture Problems"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved (and miss) a lot of the people there. Communication between teams was generally really good and almost everyone I worked with was quick to help wherever they could. Management structure is relatively flat until you start looking at the investors that often make the real decisions.

Cons

The company itself does not seem very people-centric. Some of the division of power falls squarely into what I would call nepotism. There was at least one person that was good friends with executive-level leadership that was very poisonous to the culture but basically given free reign over anyone and everyone. I saw very little upward movement. Most people that progressed in their careers did so by moving to another company. The approach to development is far less agile than they preach. They say work/life balance is important to them until something goes wrong, then your family and life takes a back seat to deadlines. Poor business decisions by upper management lead to a lot of customer attrition in 2016. Their answer was to lay off 7% of the company.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people or someone else will. Refocus your culture to be more people-centric and take your corporate values seriously.

11. "Executive sales manager"

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Not bad at all. You have a bit of freedom.

Cons

Not to much that I can speak of.