DealerSocket Reviews | Glassdoor

Sejal Pietrzak
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Health insurance cost is too high and no 401k match (in 20 reviews)

• They should consider a 401k match (in 29 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Implementation Specialist in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Data Implementation Specialist in Provo, UT

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is one of the best I've ever experienced. There's no "fake enthusiasm" like other offices I've worked at. There's tons of places I can go within this company to further my career and get experience for in the future. If I voice a concern or have an idea to improve a process, the management takes the time to listen. It might take a while before it's implemented, if it can be implemented, but they really try to listen and take your opinions to heart. They're here for you!

Cons

Lack of communication between departments sometimes hinders progress. It's hard to know who does what because job titles are sometimes vague, so it can be difficult to know who to turn to with questions. Support is overworked and underpaid, so a lot of the excess work falls on other depts if they have time to help customers/backlog. Although there is a sense of community within our office, I feel like it's lacking when it comes to our other offices across the US. I talk to people in different offices all the time over the phone, but it would be nice to meet them in person.

Advice to Management

Pay Support more. Maybe we'll get/keep our reps if they're happier. Make good on promises. Giving an ETA goes a long way.

"No growth. Incredibly boring. Low pay"

Current Employee - Designer
    Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. The people here are great. Lower management is fantastic.

Cons

Upper Management talks to you like you're 5. There is no potential to move up. It's a factory like atmosphere. Incredibly boring. The pay is absolutely insulting.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees.

"stay away"

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Hard to find any good reasons to work there, perhaps the new CEO will make a difference. If you do work there or are considering to join us, stay away from Sales.

Cons

Worst benefits you can find. Better if they just gave you $100 to help fund your own benefits. Sales leadership is stale, unbending, and driving the company off a cliff. Future of the whole business is very unsure given its ownership structure.

Advice to Management

Replace your sales leadership immediately. Study the data, since that leadership has been in place, your trends are going down, opposite of the industry. Why don't you make a change? Your inaction and lethargy impacts those of us in other departments and ruins are morale.

"CSM"

Current Employee - CSM in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - CSM in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people. Respected company

Cons

low pay. bad benefits

"Could be better"

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

People around you are great.

Cons

Underpaid comparative to market values

Advice to Management

Get a sense of direction.

"Day-to-day is enjoyable, long-term is unclear"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The day-in and day-out work is enjoyable. You learn a lot and I love the people I work with.

Cons

Morale is a bit low. Growth is unclear in the company.

Advice to Management

The bonus structures need to be reconsidered thoroughly. There needs to be a clearer outline as it pertains to growth in the company. The benefits programs have been lacking for a long time.

"Flexible schedule is the best part"

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, and freedom to travel to assigned territory

Cons

Little to no growth potential. The benefits are lacking, the commissions are not as good as I was promised when interviewing.

Advice to Management

restructure the commissions, and get better benefits.

"Avoid..."

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

relaxed atmosphere. good work life balance. located in san clemente, which is nice. bagel Fridays. no 401k

Cons

bad product support. serious issues with product reliability. company is on a downward trend. customers treated badly.

Advice to Management

make good products again. treat customers better. hire better support staff. we shouldn't have 1 hour wait times.

"Direction? Benefits? Misleading Compensation?"

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly phenomenal people work here. Really thought my Sales Director was an amazing leader and did what he could to help me succeed. Always there when I needed him.

Excellent training. Though it is in Cali and Utah it was excellent.

Cons

Leadership is completely disconnected from the virtual team.

The direction of the company is as ambiguous as it can get. Really poor integration of acquisitions has led to instability and a revolving door of employees.

Benefits aren't even tier 2. They are the worst benefits I've had the option of getting in over 20 years. So bad that my wife, for the first time in our marriage, was forced to carry benefits for our family. No 401k match at all. How can you expect to keep anyone outside of CRM with lower class benefits and no match? You can't, thus the revolving door.

They literally lied to me and others about expected compensation. Granted, the person who did this is no longer at the company but gave false quota information and was off by more than 40% for the average compensation for the position hired for. Is that ok? Is that fair to professionals you are bringing in?

Advice to Management

Involve your virtual people. Get some benefits that make people want to stay. You can attract talent but can't keep it. Get a handle on what your hiring directors say to falsely entrap people to work there.

"A mostly wonderful experience!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with! The team I was involved with were top notch professionals and we were able to accomplish great things. I felt appreciated and respected. There are some very quality people at DS.

Cons

As many have mentioned, the benefits aren't great and the salaries are under-market. If not for that, I would still be there. Additionally, at times, communication has been lacking.

Advice to Management

Invest in your good people! It pays manifold returns to pay your people what they are worth. Strive for transparency and open communication. Your people want to know what's going on and when trusted with the details, will work harder to achieve the desired goals.