DealerSocket Reviews | Glassdoor

Sejal Pietrzak
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Health insurance cost is too high and no 401k match (in 20 reviews)

• They should consider a 401k match (in 29 reviews)

"I LOVE MY JOB!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Pros

DealerSocket is the most friendly and ethical company I have ever worked for! From the top management through every position... it is just fun and challenging! If you like to learn and be treated fairly -- this is the place!

Cons

Growth pains... which are also opportunities. We are growing fast and it creates a ton of opportunities as well as some challenges that are hard to figure out (which actually makes it fun for me)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"A great Place to work, great people to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

They are awesome people to work with a challenging and exciting work environment, huge learning and professional growth opportunities and good pay.

Cons

There are very few things I would say that I don't like about dealer socket, they are fair to their employees. There is a lot of travel and they expect you to really work so if you don't want a real job then work at some paper pushing corporate mess.

"Great Company, Great People, Great Product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Pros

The people and the culture

Cons

Smaller company compared to others.

"Greatest company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DealerSocket has great leaders that actively engaged in the day-to-day, really care about their employees, ethical, open door policy and fun. DealerSocket is know for its Culture which has been formed by the leaders and continued by the people we have added. Almost 80% of employees come from referrals. Half of the current employees have been with company over 2 years and 25% have been with company over 4 years which should tell you people like to work here. DealerSocket is also know for its Superior Product in the industry.

Cons

As with any startup there are growth issues, not a clear define advancement ladder but advance comes to people who are successful and hard working. Majority of promotions come from within as needs arise. As the company grows space has also been an issue but has improved now they have 2 buildings and in future are moving into a larger building.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep us informed of company's results, current plan, and future goals. Have another all employee gathering.

"Awesome Place to Work!! Great People! Great Opportunities for Advancement!!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, Friendly, People! Lots of opportunity for career advancement or movement within the company. I love the casual work environment and easy commute for me down the 5 freeway; I live 20 miles north and I can get to work in less than 30 minutes! Management listens to new ideas and they really care about their employees and their customers. Compared to larger corporations, where you get lost in the shuffle or go unnoticed for a job well done, DealerSocket recognizes great work.

Cons

We're in three buildings which can sometimes be inconvenient. We'll be moving to a single building soon! Yay!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work!!! You guys Rock!

6. "Best Job I Ever Had!!!"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative Environment! Promote from Within! Great Training!

Cross-functional moves are very possible here...for example, moving from Inside Customer Telephone Support or Technical role to Engineering Quality Assurance, Field Installation, Sales, Product Management, etc.

And Great company functions!!!

Cons

No super fancy offices or abundant parking.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Fantastic work guys!

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Manager in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Manager in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DealerSocket is a great company to work for. Management really cares for its employees. Fun work environment. Easy to stand behind a product that makes a difference for dealers.

Cons

In 3 buildings but moving into a large new building in October 2012

Advice to Management

Tuition Reimbursement, Management Path Programs

8. "Newbie"

Current Employee - Administration in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Administration in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is great. Benefits for employees is great. Compensation isn't terrible but could use a boost. Overall a very generous company.

Cons

HR can be a little tough to talk to which is disheartening. Wish they would pay for some family medical benefits.

"Great company!"

Pros

I worked at DealerSocket for several years and appreciate all the company offered me on a professional level. From the upper management who were and are extremely easy to talk to, to the HR dept who made my life a little easier and was always there to listen or help out when needed - this company cares about their employees and it shows. Their marketing department is amazing and quite unique! Anyone in the marketing field would be lucky to work in that dept! The Sales department are in a class of their own!

Cons

Because it is a fast growing company there are a need for additional resources..

"A good place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Service Support Representative in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Support Representative in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DealerSocket is one of the leaders in the automotive cdm space.
    Has a lot of dealers on the product.
    Recently partnered with a Private Equity Firm and looking into future acquisition to grow company.
    Fun and Relaxed work environment.
    CEO is trusting and has open door policy.
    Long training.
    New Building, growing into other locations
    Bagel Fridays.
    Game room with Ping Pong, TVs and bean bags.
    24 hour fitness next door.

Cons

Could offer higher compensation and clearer instructions on pathways to climb ladder.
    Job satisfaction is based on department. Downstair is sales and looks like they are always having a good time and enjoy coming to work. Upstairs in a little different. Support is an entry level job that can get you into the company but you have to deal with customers on the front line which can be frustrating to some. Consultants travel a lot and get lots of business experience but often feel they are on their own out in territory. Development is doing a good job at building new code and features but because of old code often needs fixing. Saw a preview of DealerSocket 2.0 and it looks pretty good. Since they are building it on new code it should be pretty good.
    There is also a lawsuit going on with a competitor who thinks they have a patent on an automating a business process which 4 or 5 other companies do as well. It is only one part of our products and either way shouldn't affect us although management has told us it is something we should win.
    A lot of people seem to be leaving in a time in my oppinion most should be sticking around to see what the future holds. Not sure why the last couple reviews have been so negative. I enjoy my job and hope to have a long career here.

Advice to Management

If there is an issue at the company, I would suggest trying to figure it out and fix it asap before it grows. There are things we do really well at but there are also things that need to change and hope management is aware and willing to change.