DealerSocket Reviews | Glassdoor

Sejal Pietrzak
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Health insurance cost is too high and no 401k match (in 20 reviews)

• They should consider a 401k match (in 29 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Implementation Specialist in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Data Implementation Specialist in Provo, UT

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here is one of the best I've ever experienced. There's no "fake enthusiasm" like other offices I've worked at. There's tons of places I can go within this company to further my career and get experience for in the future. If I voice a concern or have an idea to improve a process, the management takes the time to listen. It might take a while before it's implemented, if it can be implemented, but they really try to listen and take your opinions to heart. They're here for you!

Cons

Lack of communication between departments sometimes hinders progress. It's hard to know who does what because job titles are sometimes vague, so it can be difficult to know who to turn to with questions. Support is overworked and underpaid, so a lot of the excess work falls on other depts if they have time to help customers/backlog. Although there is a sense of community within our office, I feel like it's lacking when it comes to our other offices across the US. I talk to people in different offices all the time over the phone, but it would be nice to meet them in person.

Advice to Management

Pay Support more. Maybe we'll get/keep our reps if they're happier. Make good on promises. Giving an ETA goes a long way.

"Avoid..."

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

relaxed atmosphere. good work life balance. located in san clemente, which is nice. bagel Fridays. no 401k

Cons

bad product support. serious issues with product reliability. company is on a downward trend. customers treated badly.

Advice to Management

make good products again. treat customers better. hire better support staff. we shouldn't have 1 hour wait times.

"Flexible schedule is the best part"

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, and freedom to travel to assigned territory

Cons

Little to no growth potential. The benefits are lacking, the commissions are not as good as I was promised when interviewing.

Advice to Management

restructure the commissions, and get better benefits.

"No growth. Incredibly boring. Low pay"

Current Employee - Designer
    Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. The people here are great. Lower management is fantastic.

Cons

Upper Management talks to you like you're 5. There is no potential to move up. It's a factory like atmosphere. Incredibly boring. The pay is absolutely insulting.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees.

"You are expendable"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

The people you work with in your department are awesome! Upper management is where you start to see friction.

Cons

You will be treated as expendable garbage. I have been at dealersocket for several years and it's time for me to leave finally. I have only stayed this long because of the great coworkers I've had. You will be told time and time again that "you work for DealerSocket, not the customer!" meaning gauge and squeeze customers as much as you can to get every penny out of them regardless of how much it hurts the relationship or how little sense it makes at the time. There is rampant favoritism that goes on with management and you will not get anywhere based on how well you perform, you will have to brown nose and buddy up with upper management if you'd like to get anywhere which has lead to managers being put in positions they shouldn't be and having them lead with no experience and eventually become hated by virtually everybody they manage. There are a few great directors but the majority of upper management are tools who got where they are by getting buddy buddy with their managers. Leadership style is chaos and there is no uniformity anywhere from work flow to bonus structure. You will be paid less than someone with less experience than you much of the time, and you may out perform others and receive less compensation. You will be told constantly that there is no wiggle room anywhere and constructive criticism isn't even possible because management tells employees all the time that they can just leave if they don't like it.....and they do.....all the time. DealerSocket is bleeding employees like crazy, and they're employees who have been there for years because they see what's going on and they're sick of it. Most of the current employees you'll see have been here for a year or less. They're also bleeding customers because of poor implementation of software tools that don't work as promised (blackbird).

Advice to Management

Treat you employees like gold and they will in turn treat your customers like gold leading to higher retention and greater revenue.

"Could be better"

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

People around you are great.

Cons

Underpaid comparative to market values

Advice to Management

Get a sense of direction.

"Direction? Benefits? Misleading Compensation?"

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly phenomenal people work here. Really thought my Sales Director was an amazing leader and did what he could to help me succeed. Always there when I needed him.

Excellent training. Though it is in Cali and Utah it was excellent.

Cons

Leadership is completely disconnected from the virtual team.

The direction of the company is as ambiguous as it can get. Really poor integration of acquisitions has led to instability and a revolving door of employees.

Benefits aren't even tier 2. They are the worst benefits I've had the option of getting in over 20 years. So bad that my wife, for the first time in our marriage, was forced to carry benefits for our family. No 401k match at all. How can you expect to keep anyone outside of CRM with lower class benefits and no match? You can't, thus the revolving door.

They literally lied to me and others about expected compensation. Granted, the person who did this is no longer at the company but gave false quota information and was off by more than 40% for the average compensation for the position hired for. Is that ok? Is that fair to professionals you are bringing in?

Advice to Management

Involve your virtual people. Get some benefits that make people want to stay. You can attract talent but can't keep it. Get a handle on what your hiring directors say to falsely entrap people to work there.

"Day-to-day is enjoyable, long-term is unclear"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The day-in and day-out work is enjoyable. You learn a lot and I love the people I work with.

Cons

Morale is a bit low. Growth is unclear in the company.

Advice to Management

The bonus structures need to be reconsidered thoroughly. There needs to be a clearer outline as it pertains to growth in the company. The benefits programs have been lacking for a long time.

"The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves"

Current Employee - Sales Group in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Group in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good. They are chill about how many hours you work even if you aren't making your numbers. Most work like 30ish a week.

Cons

Monthly CEO phone calls where JO makes things sound better than they are - we all get together and talk about how full of it he is. Customer retention is in the toilet. Products suck and are hard to sell, we have a bad reputation in the market, customer retention is in the toilet. You can make more someplace else, the benefits suck, and there's no opportunities for growth unless you are a friend of an executive. Management changes things every few weeks it seems like and managers need training. There is no real training for anyone, all the people who train have no idea how to do it.

Advice to Management

Go back and make better products that are easy to sell, stop with the reorganizations, and management needs training on how to be better leaders. It's obvious a bunch of guys who never really lead before started a company and can't let it go. The company has stalled because they won't hand it over to better leadership or try to become better leaders themselves. Leadership also seems greedy, like they are only in it for the money.

"A company culture that was once great and became stifled by an equity partner."

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

The CRM is one of the best in the automotive industry

Cons

It was difficult to grow and advance within the company.