Dealertrack Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dealertrack President, Software Solutions Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek

Pros
  • Great Security team, good work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• The company is growing and has lots of career path opportunities (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does nothing about it because seemingly they are too busy or just do not care (in 16 reviews)

• Was just acquired by Cox Automotive - fingers crossed (in 13 reviews)

1. "Sr Billing Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Prior to the recent acquisition, working at Dealertrack was like working for family, a very welcoming inclusive environment.

Cons

There is now a very corporate feel, which we all understood is necessary given the the size of the organization we now work for.

2. "Dealertrack DMS Customer Support"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice pay, flexible PTO time scheduling, plenty of opportunities for overtime.

Cons

No room for advancement in the company, constantly busy, too much work for not enough employees. Company on a "hiring pause" at our busiest time of the year.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, and offer room for promotions and raises. This would reduce the stress of your employees if you hire more people, and get more work done in a timely manner. Offering promotions/raises will drastically reduce the turnover rate.

3. "ways to improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

close to home great hours

Cons

Not challenging and no room for advancement

Advice to Management

listen to your team members

"Software engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not much to share. A balance between work and meeting need to consider.

Cons

Struggling with agile. Everyone is the same, everyone is going to all meeting and nobody responsible exactly what they need to do. Everything is for the team. The result, nobody cares.

Advice to Management

give the employee more freedom to do what they want. Management should focus on productivity and quality only.

5. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - F&I Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - F&I Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management, salary, flexibility, benefits and amenities

Cons

New Ownership has shaken things up a bit, but it's still a fine place to work.

"Great company, needs to weed out terrible management."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Paid time off, great stock options and retirement. The company is backed by Cox Automotive, the group of Cox family products. Been around for years.

Cons

Terrible management that blatantly gets away with everything. I don't know how a manager who's supposed to be in the office 4 times a week and shows up for 2 to 3 of the days still had their job, especially when they're lying all the time about where they are and what they're doing. Not good ethics at all.

Advice to Management

Weed out the managers that continue break the rules and aren't held accountable. Managers cannot micromanage and set a double standard by not coming into work or showing up for their shift. It will catch up to them. Lots of unfulfilled promises and terrible management. Don't micromanage people when you can't even manage yourself.

7. "Company-wide restructuring."

Former Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Portland, OR

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Acquired by Cox Automotive in October 2015, Dealertrack salary and benefits are competitive.
    The vast majority of team members are great to work with.

Cons

Dealertrack is part of a much larger company (Cox Automotive) that has acquired many companies, so there's some churn as redundant products and solution groups are identified and rationalized throughout the companies.

"Racial Biased"

Current Employee - Electrician in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Electrician in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are hired and socially active you will have a decent time. Can take off whenever needed as much as needed without fear of a point system.

Cons

Not much diversity as far as race, religion, gender. Extremely biased and harsh work conditions. President is a hypocritical and habitual liar with little to no care for anyone working outside the office. Extremely discouraging work atmosphere.

"Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance in Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Finance in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Now under Cox Automotive family. Great benefits, 5 weeks off, immediate vesting in 401k.

Cons

A lot if key positions moved out of state. Corp will not hesitate to let people go for cheaper salaries in cities like Kansas city

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, give them peace of mind in job stability and your turnover will decrease.

"Title Vault Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours were flexible, and co-workers were supportive and awesome. The company is generous in taking care of their employees in terms of benefit options and worker's compensation. You also get a great cardio workout collecting documents, rather then sitting all day at a desk, although the supervisor does assign data entry duties as well.

Cons

While I cannot comment on other departments or the company as a whole, favoritism was rampant where I was assigned. I ended getting passed over for training opportunities in favor of new employees; there was one team lead who promoted solely on getting kissed up to. Another supervisor was also engaging in the same activities.

There was even a hostile work environment at one point for me, when another co-worker I was assigned to train with made false complaints to the team leaders about me lagging behind, and for some odd reason, did not want to work with me. The co-worker even got away with other job tasks that were not assigned to her.

The department does expect to meet high daily quotas, so that can sometimes put stress on other workers and even unintentionally encourage heavy competition between them, rather than foster a team work environment.

Advice to Management

The concern of the low-level employees matter as much as what's going on with upper management. Talk to your supervisors and team leaders about any concerns, BESIDES not meeting quotas or that 3:00 P.M deadline.

If favoritism, harassment or a sudden hostile work environment is happening, it is imperative to check with middle and lower management frequently. Listen, listen, listen! Resolve any disputes any or your employees may having, and hold those accountable for breaking company rules. You'll have a better, thriving department and perhaps even improved productivity among your targeted goals.