Dealertrack Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dealertrack President, Software Solutions Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek

Pros
  • Great Security team, good work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Great company with excellent benefits (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does nothing about it because seemingly they are too busy or just do not care (in 16 reviews)

• Was just acquired by Cox Automotive - fingers crossed (in 13 reviews)

1. "Figure out what you are supposed to do by yourself slave!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people there are genuine and not backstabby.

Cons

If you are not found attractive by your colleague, good luck getting help trying to figure out what to do on your job. You are also punished by having a native level of English with some on the team there. Also, don't count on your manager letting you know if he/she has a problem with anything you are doing, you just have to figure it out yourself.

Advice to Management

Your facilities are awful, upgrade them....hire people who aren't so wound up and tight

2. "Cox starts changing some leaders at Wilmington Ohio. They have to change all Directors Operations."

Current Employee - DDS in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - DDS in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Waiting for some general changes after Cox bought Dealertrack

Cons

Very bad management, do not care of employees at all

"Do yourself a favor, don't even interview"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes there are donuts. A few of the people are okay. Other than that, they also had oxygen and coffee.

Cons

The Portland office is a satellite office and is ignored by the NY office for the most part. Upper management has no idea what to do with half of the Portland teams, so the teams are constantly jumping from project to project as Management tries to figure out what it's doing.

Management in general is made up of classic Pointy-Haired Bosses, and management also shows a strong desire to actively provide embodiments of the Peter Principle; their management surpasses useless and strides boldly into the realm of actively harmful. If your life includes their "coaching," expect your self-esteem to plummet. Dealertrack also cares more about the *appearance* of work than they care about seeing your actual work; they would rather see you filling a chair in the office for eight hours than believe you've done any work where they can't see you.

People are leaving the sinking ship left and right, so if you're seeing lots of juicy-looking jobs at PDX Dealertrack, be aware that a) the job probably won't be as interesting as the projects in the job description, because management keeps changing directions (in the last 15 months I was there we had to "pivot" more than six times), so whatever position you're interviewing for will drastically change by the time you get on board, and b) you'll be joining a team which has serious morale issues.

Advice to Management

Start treating Portland better, especially infrastructure-wise. Pay better, so you attract better people. Give the developers MEANINGFUL and CONSISTENT work.

4. "capacity planner"

Former Employee - Senior Capacity Planner in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Capacity Planner in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Dealertrack (More than 3 years)

Pros

friendly coworkers, willing to help other coworkers

Cons

lay-offs constantly. Very poor moral among the employees

"They are just horrible."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're sitting down all night/day.

Cons

Restrooms are DISGUSTING and SMELLS HORRIBLE.
    Management is so unprofessional.
    They work you like a slave with little pay.
    There are hardly any raises.
    You only get a 30 min lunch break.
    They are not organized at all.
    Management show favoritism.
    And the list goes on......

Advice to Management

Hire new, better management!

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Call Center Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made a lot of friends...very diverse team of people. Pay is good. The other departments seemed pretty cool. That's about all I can think of so, on to the cons section.

Cons

HORRIBLE supervisors. Out of the two team leads that I had, one was not only the worst I had ever had, but she was also one of the worst people I've ever had to experience in my entire life. The other team lead was constantly having mood swings that would confuse her team. The changes are constant, per most companies, BUT nobody was on the same page at the same time, and the higher-ups seem to think it's ok to just make things up as they go. As stated before...the pay is good...but obviously its that much because they need something to try to keep you. The team leads will use it against you as well. They send you home when there isn't work, and it's unpaid unless you want to use PTO. The hours are terrible for no reason because you are contacting people really late and they don't want to talk to you anyway. They will take something they know makes you weak, and they will use it to their advantage. In my experience, this place is very unprofessional, very vindictive, and the team has discussed quitting numerous times.

Advice to Management

Throw it all away and start all over again. Get it together.

"You ARE just a number"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dealertrack prior to the Cox integration was great. They valued their employees and did what they could to help them out.

Cons

After Cox took over we all became just a number. Numerous layoffs happened and no help was given to bright, smart and great employees. The layoff was poorly put together and made everyone feel like all their hard work and time they put into their roles was useless and for nothing. Numerous employees leave DT to find better jobs at better companies with better pay. While the benefits are great and the company is laid back, tattoo and piercings and casual clothes and flips flops are allowed. The fact that we were treated like nothing is a huge upset. Also upper management is not very skilled and no one at the company is willing to help and mentor people like they say they do. I wasted time in a company that didn't care about me and didn't value me. Find a company who wants to see you excel and do your best. DT and Cox do not.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't hire management who has never managed before. Just because you know someone does not mean you should lead a team of people.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Digital Advisor in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Digital Advisor in Burlington, VT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fitness Center, Cafe, Massages, and great receptionist.

Cons

Digital Advisor and Specialist are treated very poorly. Lower management is poor and unorganized.

Advice to Management

Clean house, get rid of the poor managers, and attract some positive local talent.

"Ship is Sinking"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Lake Success, NY
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

It used to be a great place to work with many opportunities for exciting projects.

Cons

Since Cox bought Dealertrack, they have been letting go of many key people. No one at Cox Corporate knows what they are doing or what they are getting into. They let go of key people with years of experience and don't even care about transferring knowledge to their direct reports or replacements. The ship is sinking. If you enjoy working with technology, don't work here.

Advice to Management

The company is too political. If you are seen as a threat to upper management, you get the axe.

"Run! Run Far, Far Away From This Company"

Current Employee - Advertising Analyst in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Advertising Analyst in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close to the beach, great restaurants nearby, beach volleyball, yoga, paid volunteer day, on-site cafe for breakfast, lunch and snacks

Cons

Horrendous management, extremely hostile and volatile environment with priorities changing daily and/or weekly. There is no respect or regard for the employees who actually do all of the work. Managers are the only people who matter, and mid-managers are used to suit the objectives of upper management. I grown to hate this company and everything it stands for. Clients are all car dealers and the worst people you would ever want to encounter.

Advice to Management

This job is a hard grind, management should be supportive and appreciative toward their employees who are on the front line with the clients. Instead, they are cowards and bullies who tear you down and control you at every turn. Stop micro-managing and respect your employees or your company will continue to go downhill.