Dealertrack "cox automotive" Reviews | Glassdoor

Dealertrack Employee Reviews about "cox automotive"

Updated 29 Mar 2019

3.1
Dealertrack CEO Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek
Cons

Reviews about "cox automotive"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company!"

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dealertrack track has thus far provided a fun learning environment. This company wants to help you achieve your career goals plus there is plenty of room for advancement. As a part of Cox Automotive, Dealertrack is on the fast track so it is a great time to be a part of an awesome team. The salaries are competitive, the team is friendly, advancement is probable, and the knowledge gained from awesome trainers... is valuable. Dealertrack also has an amazing culture/wellness program that puts together team building activities each month to engage existing and new team members. Dealertrack provides great benefits as well as ski passes, golf, gym reimbursement program, soccer team, softball team and many fun events. It feels good to be a part of a team and Dealertrack provides many programs to get involved.

Cons

We are growing at such a fast rate we are busting out of the seems of our current building. This may be a con to some but if you are a forward thinking individual this means the company is thriving!

Dealertrack2016-09-13

"Great Entry Level Position - No Opportunities to Grow"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros of working with DealerTrack is that they are owned by Cox Automotive. With the acquisition from Cox, the benefits are amazing and the compensation could be higher for the amount of job duties we possess. If you're looking for an entry level position to grow with a major company, try DealerTrack.

Cons

There really isn't much diversity in management or in the office, so a lot of culture isn't represented or understood. Communication from management is by far the worst. There is absolutely no structure in the field roles. They just make changes just to fit the moment instead of abiding by the promises they made prior to accepting the job. Also, with trying to advance to other business segments, management often... blocks what you're trying to do. This is definitely a company that focuses on who sucks up the most.

Advice to Management

Be more mindful of your remote employees. Communicate better. Focus on true talents of who possesses the qualifications to do the job, not who sits in your fast the most. Be equal to all employees, not to those who you personally know.

Dealertrack2018-01-18

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits Travel Experiences Travel Reward Opportunities Cox Automotive reputation

Cons

1. Unfulfilled promises consistently since initial hire contract signed September 26, 2016: - 50% travel; I have only traveled 17 days total out of the 10 1/2 months of my employment - 50% working from home became 90% or more of my time in a call center environment There was once discussed an opportunity to earn bonus pay from weekly call averages, first contact resolution, and case closures but nothing was... heard about this since. On several occasions I have ranked high in call standards and only received an email saying "great job". 2. Consistent changes with training and job responsibilities: - I and my class was hired for the parts and service department according to our contracts, however after 2 weeks into training in South Jordan, UT under short notice we were informed we would instead be trained on accounting because of the company's current demands per manager. Instead of staying in South Jordan, UT for 9 weeks of training we were informed with late notice that we would be trained for 11 weeks instead per Alison Troff. - During the middle of training we were informed we would be held to the same standards of testing as Implementation Specialists per word of mouth, and later confirmed by managers. Upon completion of training we were then informed we would not travel until "year- end" was over (February), however, in February I was constantly informed that "business was slow and no one was able to provide me with any information on when I would travel". In March I was rushed out to a payroll training without having completed a shadow install, no SIS or IS present, or anyone else. I received no communication from no one associated with this training. When I arrived to this dealership on Monday morning, I was the only person there with little to no knowledge of what was expected or what my responsibilities were. The culture of this organization has been to accept change; however, a peer once stated this does not make an excuse for an organization to create constant chaos of change within a position and expect employees to embrace it. 3. Incompetent Supervision has dropped the ball on my behalf several times since my employment (i.e. not communicating to me the details of my PTO availability until after I exhausted my time off, not knowing important details related to my job responsibilities and requirements, and not following through on completing important paperwork using proper protocols (i.e. signing off and submitting tuition reimbursement documents, not knowing what should be submitted in expense reports causing them to constantly get kicked back to myself with errors).  - I was still not met with any travel arrangements after repeatedly inquiring over months. I was told by management, and was constantly told by management no information was known on this topic. 4. L2 Assistance while on phone with client was very difficult to receive assistance without leaving client on hold for long periods of time. 5. Heavy micromanagement while working from home. (i.e.) while on phone with client, WFO would switch you from case work into available forcing you to take calls when not prepared. Very heavily regulated call times, case work time, after call work time, and being extremely particular about minutes and second details. - Unrealistic expectations on 15-18min call time, 2min after

Advice to Management

Establish better systems in place to develop better work flow for employees. Too many incompetent chiefs, not enough competent Indians.

Dealertrack2017-12-19

"Dealertrack"

I worked at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Great company and great products.

Cons

Still working through the integration with the Cox Automotive companies.

Advice to Management

Look for areas of synergy between divisions. Startups are innovating at a much faster pace.

Dealertrack2017-10-24
  5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and great team.

Cons

Going downhill fast since Cox Automotive bought Dealertrack.

Advice to Management

Give direct reports more responsibility and stop trying to hold all the control.

Dealertrack2017-07-11

"Great company, needs to weed out terrible management."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Paid time off, great stock options and retirement. The company is backed by Cox Automotive, the group of Cox family products. Been around for years.

Cons

Terrible management that blatantly gets away with everything. I don't know how a manager who's supposed to be in the office 4 times a week and shows up for 2 to 3 of the days still had their job, especially when they're lying all the time about where they are and what they're doing. Not good ethics at all.

Advice to Management

Weed out the managers that continue break the rules and aren't held accountable. Managers cannot micromanage and set a double standard by not coming into work or showing up for their shift. It will catch up to them. Lots of unfulfilled promises and terrible management. Don't micromanage people when you can't even manage yourself.

Dealertrack2017-04-14
  7. "Good company"

I worked at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Good company to work for. Nice benefits

Cons

purchased by Cox Automotive, hopefully this does not ruin the culture

Dealertrack2017-04-13
  8. "Company-wide restructuring."

Former Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Portland, OR

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Acquired by Cox Automotive in October 2015, Dealertrack salary and benefits are competitive. The vast majority of team members are great to work with.

Cons

Dealertrack is part of a much larger company (Cox Automotive) that has acquired many companies, so there's some churn as redundant products and solution groups are identified and rationalized throughout the companies.

Dealertrack2017-03-03

"Good But"

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has nice benefits. They close the Dallas office at 3 the day before the holiday. The coffee is free and good. The vacation is about 15 days per year.

Cons

They don't let everyone off in the Dallas office. They never tell that until after you start. Some of the managers are off site. Some managers have no clue about what's going with all of their employees. So employees are being paid for hours they don't work. A couple of employees prefer to play games instead of doing their jobs. It's now Cox automotive.

Advice to Management

You should learn your employees. when they don't answer the phone during their shift something is going on. Some members of management should be fired for this.

Dealertrack2016-12-13

"Lots of change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent insurance, lots of PTO.

Cons

Lay offs yearly since Cox Automotive bought us out. No security.

Advice to Management

Keep your word.

Dealertrack2016-12-02