Dealertrack "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Dealertrack Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 5 Nov 2019

Dealertrack CEO Keith Jezek
Keith Jezek
Cons

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Service Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love everything about this place the people the work, I also love that all the management Push you because they want you to move up. I love my job and i could not be happier of the career choice i have made with my life. I love this place and i plan on retiring from this company because i just love it that much. If you need great benefits and get people to work with this is that place because we will welcome... anybody Off the street and walk them and guide them though the way!!! Come Down to Dealertrack in and have your self a look and apply for a job. And also be sure to tell them Cody Sent You!!!:)

Cons

This is the best place to work for!!!

Dealertrack2017-01-17
  2. "A lot of added on job duties..with no increase in pay."

Current Employee - Dealer Support Specialist in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote job, travel, great benefits thanks to Cox, unlimited PTO.

Cons

Overworked, Job Role has been changed 3 times in 1 year with no notification to HR for pay reviews, No work balance, no recognition.

Advice to Management

Each meeting, stop taking away 1 job duty just to add 3 more. Appreciate your remote workers and stop piling work on them just because they are remote.

Dealertrack2019-11-06

"Needs some work"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Draper, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some coworkers are great. Able to work from home when horrible weather hits. PTO and medical benefits are great!

Cons

Lack of leadership and direction, no communication! Middle management and some senior management in many areas are not supporting employees. Many managers are hired due to friendships or is a family member but not qualities or experience. Many talented employees and managers have been leaving due to layoffs, moral and reasons listed here. Training and Product departments are very ineffective. Many of them... have not used the DMS out in the field or in the support department. All they know is how the software works in theory but not practical. As stated with some of the reviews, you have to be with the "in crowd" to move up within the company, quite a bit of nepotism and favoritism. I don't recommend anyone speaking up even though they say my door is always open, this will haunt you later. Management will tell others what you say to other employees, other management teams and the lower staff.

Advice to Management

A company should know the dangers of silence, allow your employees to speak up, they may be full of ideas about how you can do a better job for the clients and the company. If they don't speak up, you may not know the issues that are going around. I got tired of seeing talented, experienced, hard working and caring co-workers leaving to find other companies that truly care and value them. Take care of your... employees and they will take care of your customers.

Dealertrack2019-06-13
  4. "Implementation"

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Since the Cox take over the the atmosphere has changed. It's no longer a fun creative place to work.

Dealertrack2018-12-26

"MANY AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Current Employee

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

*Cox, the parent company, has more opportunities for growth. Many colleagues have gone on to other business units and seem happier. *Your coworkers are usually great people. You’ll be challenged and may be given the opportunity to grow. *Cox owns Dealertrack and had great benefits though they are dwindling. For example, they have taken away the number of PTO days and no longer offer a pension. *If you are... adaptable and easily accept constant change, this may be a decent place for you.

Cons

*Poor Work Life Balance *No or Little Flex Time *Yearly Lay Offs/Forced Retirements *Bias 1. Biased in Firing ( if you are close to HQ you can be very inappropriate and keep your job). If you are not apart of that club you must toe the line, even with rules that are archaic and no longer make sense. 2. Racial/Religious/Location Bias- Dealertrack DMS is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are from there,... identify as LDS/Mormon or used to be & are also White and especially male, you will navigate easily and probably be promoted within the first year. The fewer of the aforementioned you have, the more difficult it will be for you. Racism has occurred from clients to employees. Dealertrack DMS kept the clients. The message to the employees of color was quite clear. 3. Bias in Hiring. Since Cox acquired Dealertrack, it seems they have made efforts to hire diverse candidates. However, the company is still disproportionately White and male. There is no diversity in Sr. Management. 4. Bias in Pay. Your pay and total compensation (bonuses/raises) may be significantly more or less than your peers. Leadership tries to create a culture of don’t ask don’t tell regarding pay instead of paying everyone the same for the same role or by some standard according to experience, education etc. *Unethical - Around June of 2018, Leadership asked employees to write reviews on Glassdoor. Many employees felt coerced to write positive reviews. *Company mistakes activity for achievement. Constant change isn’t always an improvement. *Retaliation - Those that have a voice that don’t agree with the status quo, that report or challenge are often later laid off, demoted or overlooked for promotions even if comments or questions were solicited.

Advice to Management

Fix the Cons! No excuses. No flowery responses or cliches or Whitesplaining or mansplaining - Just.Do.Better.

Dealertrack2018-12-25
  6. "P&C"

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, all benefits start day one

Cons

Work Environment/Management was very poor

Dealertrack2018-12-06

"Used to be the most Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Performance Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great Benefits -Great Culture -Willingness to Help -Decent Work Life Balance

Cons

-Micromanagement -Growth based on who you know -Culture is Dying -No Value in Employee Feedback

Advice to Management

- Listen to the employees. Know your team. Be engaged. Lead from the front. Be reasonable, not petty.

Dealertrack2018-04-04

"Not Quite What It Seems"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees to rub shoulders with. Benefits are great. Opportunity for growth is available.

Cons

Horrible management skills. Promotions based on knowledge alone or who you know. Little to no consideration taken for mental and physical health/well being. Pay is not competitive and does not reflect skills or time with the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees at the bottom of the company hierarchy. They are the force at the front lines, representing the company more than any other position. They have insight on small improvements that could affect the rest of the company. Focus on your employees; take care of them and they will take care of the company and take it to new heights.

Dealertrack2017-10-24

"Great Pay and Benefits, TERRIBLE Management"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have GREAT benefits and I get paid really well. I also really like my team members.

Cons

HR couldn't care less about their employees. It also recently came to our attention that the leaders of the company LIED to their managers, who then shared false information with their team members about the placement of a hiring freeze. There was never a hiring freeze. They are just limiting everyone's career progress for reasons they do not deem us worthy to know.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Give your employees the opportunities you promised them. Relax your grip on what you call "quality" of calls.

Dealertrack2017-09-05

"Wouldn’t recommend...."

Former Employee - Senior QA Automation Engineer in Sandy, UT

I worked at Dealertrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. They pay well and have a good health plan. They also give an okay amount of pto. If you’re willing to sell your best practices and fall in line with bad decisions for good benefits, then this is perfect for you. Some teams are working with new technologies too, .Net Core in AWS.

Cons

There is a HUGE layer of middle management that doesn’t add a whole lot of value. They hinder more than help. They say they are agile, but it is much closer to waterfall. Teams have very little power to provide the best solution they see fit. If you don’t agree with a process or idea, too bad probably. I, and others, were told to “fall in line”. I was also told after giving my very honest opinion, my manager “would... like a little more sugarcoating”...... how can you have innovation with falling in line and sugarcoating? They also have A LOT of vp’s and directors. No joke, probably once a week an email is sent out to announce another vp. With it being so top heavy, decisions are made with less thought about how it affects the people “at the bottom”. In conclusion, it is a frustrating place to work, I don’t recommend it. There’s a thousand better places to work in Salt Lake City, go to any of them.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management, invest in engineers. Give power to the teams. Be agile!

Dealertrack2017-10-01