Deborah Heart and Lung Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph P. Chirichella

1. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant/Department Secretary in Browns Mills, NJ

I have been working at Deborah Heart and Lung Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Due to our mission, anyone can go to Deborah without having to pay. It is family oriented. They care about their patients and provide excellent service.

Cons

It is a small institution and it is difficult to move up to a more challenging career.

Advice to Management

For everyone to be more objective.

2. "One of the best places I've ever worked."

Former Employee - Patient Dispatcher in Browns Mills, NJ
    Former Employee - Patient Dispatcher in Browns Mills, NJ

I worked at Deborah Heart and Lung Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Deborah offers great perks. Time off earned is fantastic. It's also a non profit organization which I was very proud to work at. Most everyone there works as a team and very loving and caring co-workers. Many people are not aware that Deborah would never send anyone a bill. Not even if you didn't have a dime to pay for your care. Deborah has a wonderful volunteer staff as well.

Cons

I hurt my shoulder and was out of work for over 6 months due to recovery and I lost my job. It's unfortunate they couldn't work with me a bit better to help me get back into work there. I have many talents and 5 star reviews for the 11 years I worked there. I still love Deborah and what they do for people.

Advice to Management

Try harder to help those who have worked very hard for the company. Treat each employee with respect and try to understand where they are coming from. I loved working for Deborah. It's an amazing team and I love what it stands for.

3. "Tech"

Former Employee - ER Tech
    Former Employee - ER Tech

I worked at Deborah Heart and Lung Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Losts of over time whenever wanting it

Cons

Needs more advancement chances and oppertunites

5. "Ultrasound"

Pros

Nice people to work with and a very easy work environment

Cons

Work your tail off for the lowest amount in the state.

"Non-Clinical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pemberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pemberton, NJ

I have been working at Deborah Heart and Lung Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A true non-profit hospital...never once since 1922 has a patient been balance-billed or asked for a co-payment or deductible. Friendly and family-like atmosphere and co-workers. Decent benefits. Above excellent nurses, physicians, clinicians...most everyone from Housekeeping through non-clinical staff!

Cons

Pay scale vs. workload could be much better! Especially for non-clinical staff. Some (not all) Executive-level staff could take a better interest in their employees. Time-frame from when a patient calls and leaves a message to receiving a return call could be better...however, staffing is well below what's needed!

Advice to Management

Better understand employee work load, pay scale, and staffing needs.

7. "Medical Secretary"

Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Browns Mills, NJ
    Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Browns Mills, NJ

I have been working at Deborah Heart and Lung Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is amazing! Wonderful working environment!

Cons

Raises are minimal. Most employees stay for numerous years because the working environment is great, however the advancement in pay or title doesn't seem to be rewarding for clerical or administrative staff.

8. "RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Good Mission Statement with many promises

Cons

They do Not Value staff

Advice to Management

Focus on retention instead of trying to cut corners

"Good place to work"

I have been working at Deborah Heart and Lung Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of people have been here for a very long time, which shows that it is a good place to work. The salary and benefits are comparable. They try to take care of their employees. It makes your proud to work here supporting their mission.

Cons

Lots of nepotism, politics and lack of education support.

Advice to Management

Please help support educational opportunities in the form of conferences and other CEUs. It makes it a lot easier to maintain licenses and certifications and gives us more confidence in what we are doing.

"Good place to start your career but not to stay for the long term."

Current Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Browns Mills, NJ
    Current Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Browns Mills, NJ

I have been working at Deborah Heart and Lung Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of good people work here. You have your individuals in every organization but overall people are friendly. There isn't a union but you have to really, really, mess up bad in order to get fired. Tuition assistance is provided and they pay it directly to you before your classes begin...much better than a reimbursement. Just maintain a 'C' average or higher or else you'll have to repay the tuition. (you can pay back little by little each check though) Benefits used to be VERY good from free and low cost health coverage, free lunch, and many others that made up for the low pay. Every hospital/organization has cut back on benefits but Deborah hasn't caught up with them on pay. This is on almost all levels/positions. It's great to come and get great experience and work with great people but if you're looking to for more pay and or/advancement this is not the place to stay.

Cons

Low pay. If you live nearby it may not be too bad as the higher paying jobs are further away but all in all the pay is still low.

Advice to Management

Encourage stellar performance by providing monetary bonuses.

"Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Browns Mills, NJ
    Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Browns Mills, NJ

Pros

This is a great job for someone wanting to learn. The many different departments offer a wide variety of experiances. The staff is happy and makes for a good working enviroment.

Cons

The salary is terrible. All staff is paid less than many other jobs of the same nature with less specialization. The waiting period to get hired is also terrible. Sometimes the inter-departmental politics can be a bit much.