KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Positive Community, Great Work/Life Balance

Nov 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Massive emphasis on learning and documentation. No question is too mundane to ask, no process exempt from questioning and/or improvement. - Great sense of community in the NYC office, and major focus on hiring employees that align on our cultural values of communication and collaboration. - Managers recognize asymmetric risks and learning opportunities. Junior and mid-level engineers are encouraged to incorporate self-education into their project deliverables. - Pay and stock options are near the top of market, unlimited PTO, thoughtful and considerate management/senior leadership. - Great liquidity and cash flow, company is not going under any time soon. Transparent financials, and All-Hands meetings are actually useful! - Virtually no gossip, politics, clique-ness and overall markers of poor culture/community.

Cons

- As with many Series A startups, underdeveloped systems architecture and IT Operations. - There is a lack of under-represented minorities in the engineering team, some systemic changes are required but as someone who is not a member of these ethnic groups, I'm not sure what it is.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing work culture and amazing people

Oct 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast growing company in an industry that historically lacked tech interest, so it gives us more opportunity to disrupt the space - Amazing work life balance and culture (team events, social outings, culture that is supportive of learning and autonomy) - Great engineering team that's focused on building great software and making sound architectural decisions

Cons

- We're a smaller company that's growing rapidly, so we experience growing pains typical of a startup of our size

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing support, with amazing people

Oct 15, 2021 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very collaborative team, that has great open communication amongst each other. The support system at this company is like none other - very genuine. Everyone wants to see each other win, and will push you to do your best and to reach your greatest potential.

Cons

Because we are a smaller company and still fairly new, there will be a lot of moving parts and changes going on (for the better). This is not a con, however something to be aware of.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Small Awful Startup

Nov 2, 2021 - Collections Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros to share at this time

Cons

No organization (Do not recommend to anyone considering applying) Poor Management Lack of diversity Cheap technology Low pay Lack of support for employees

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Debtsy Response

If this is a real review, we invite more detailed feedback. We encourage you to meet with our CEO or Director of People or to submit anonymous feedback if you’re more comfortable through our link shared in our handbook. Our team’s consistent, candid feedback has shaped our current organization’s practices and values. We have concerns about the validity of this review. As a result, we believe it’s not from a current or past team member. Through one-on-ones, bi-monthly reflections, skip meetings, feedback following our All Hands meetings, and in unprompted conversations, team members have described a sentiment quite the opposite described in this review. To respond to the concerns outlined: -Through the feedback mechanisms outlined above and a culture that celebrates individual empowerment through effective delegation and communication, we’ve frankly never received feedback around disorganization. -We recognize that financial distress disproportionately impacts those underrepresented in tech. For us to build more empathetic user experiences, we recognize the importance of bringing together a diverse team to make better product decisions. As a result, we’re invested deeply in building a diverse team. Currently, we enjoy a team of diverse individuals. For example, over 40% of the team identifies as women. We are committed to continuing to add diversity to our organization. -We encourage team members to share their transparent perspectives about our company only if they so choose. We don’t force the team to post. -We purchase a new laptop for each new team member and use popular tech found at most startups. -We provide top-of-market compensation and benefits. We are committed to continuing to improve our packages to attract and retain team members. -Our team shares through solicited and unsolicited feedback that they feel like they can authentically be themselves. Most new hires and candidates alike will share that they’re surprised that the team is *as nice* as they are. We feel lucky to be in this environment. We’re always looking to do better and again would welcome any specific feedback.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Collaborative Company

Sep 15, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

* We celebrate the wins. Changing and improving a dirty part of consumer finance isn't a fast or easy process, but we do a great job of taking pride in our work and recognizing our success. * Thoughtful, ethical, and talented teammates who are open with feedback and will push you for constant improvement. * Exciting growth--Debtsy is on a rocket ship. * Transparent management who takes employee well being to heart.

Cons

Typical, early stage start up cons. Teammates are expected to wear many hats, some uncertainty, fast pivots, etc.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Run far away

Oct 19, 2021 - Operations in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

None at this time unless you like disorganization.

Cons

The overall work environment and the team.

2 people found this review helpful

Debtsy Response

If this is a real review, we invite more detailed feedback. We encourage you to meet with our CEO or Director of People or to submit anonymous feedback if you’re more comfortable through our link shared in our handbook. Our team’s consistent, candid feedback has shaped our current organization’s practices and values. We have concerns about the validity of this review. We believe it’s not from a current or past team member. Through one-on-ones, bi-monthly reflections, skip meetings, feedback following our All Hands meetings, and in unprompted conversations, team members have described a sentiment that praises our organization and runs counter to this review. That said, we’re always looking to do better and again would welcome any specific feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that keeps expanding

Sep 2, 2021 - Collection Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Debtsy is a great and transparent company where every department gets together and shares all the accomplishments and improvements needed within each department. Management makes a collaborative effort to work with agents on the frontlines and allow our voices to be heard on a frequent basis. As an agent, you are given the autonomy to schedule your day with the tasks that needs to be done. Management provides the support that you need by scheduling weekly 1:1s to ensure that you are staying on the right track. It is important to know that management and colleagues treats everyone fairly and respectfully. This is a very friendly company that emphasizes on building a great work dynamic with one another.

Cons

Debtsy is a small company but is growing rapidly.

8. 5.0

I love my job

Sep 1, 2021 - Business Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

* I get to work on interesting projects and tasks that are new to me and help me to grow professionally and personally * I love the people I work with. Everyone has unique skills, perspectives, and interests. Everyone is super smart and motivated too * Senior leadership is very open to feedback (actually, they request it themselves a lot), so your opinions are heard; if you're not completely happy with something or want to do something differently, senior leadership actively addresses that * Especially for a startup, operational processes, technical information, tips, and more are meticulously documented

Cons

* Since we are a small team right now, be ready to dive into your role. We have an onboarding process, but expect to be contributing meaningfully in your first or second week * Not everything is figured out yet; it can be your job to figure things out for yourself and come up with your own answers (I find this to be a great aspect of my job, even if it's frustrating sometimes, and it's definitely not for everyone)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with an important mission

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Maturity (culture, process, documentation) well beyond its size/stage - Leadership is extremely transparent and really holds true to the company's values - A ton of opportunity to grow individually and work on interesting, challenging problems - Everyone who works here is super sharp and very well-rounded, lots of interesting hobbies outside of work!

Cons

- A lot of the generalities about working at an early stage company hold true - some thankless work, some fast pivots, some ambiguity/autonomy, etc. - it's not for everyone - At the end of the day, you're still working in the collections industry, which isn't always savory

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great People, Growing Company

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are great, very collaborative and understanding of different points of view. It leads to a better product as each person may have a slightly different outlook on how to fix, or add, a feature. The company is very inclusive, even in its small, but growing, state. It is also very good at finding a good work-life balance for each employee. No one expects employees to be "on the clock" 24/7/365.

Cons

It's a growing company and with any growing company, there are growing pains. We are addressing it as we grow though. So I wouldn't necessarily call it a con.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews